talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joe Hart Signs for Celtic

football forum

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

How’s Hart been playing? Some good results lately for Ange and Celtic. Just a shame, as I’m not sure Celtic deserve the great man!

Who cares about Celtic? As long as our boy Ange gets the results this could lead him coaching in an even bigger league! Not to mention ol' Tommy Rogic has been on fire.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Spike said:

Who cares about Celtic? As long as our boy Ange gets the results this could lead him coaching in an even bigger league! Not to mention ol' Tommy Rogic has been on fire.

Arsenal should hire him tbh 

On 21/08/2021 at 14:49, Toinho said:

How’s Hart been playing? Some good results lately for Ange and Celtic. Just a shame, as I’m not sure Celtic deserve the great man!

Decent. Shot stopping is mostly solid. Distribution is alright, not as bad as expected considering his reputation for being a limited player. Positioning can be slightly iffy. 

The most important difference to this predecessors is that he’s aggressive and vocal in organising the defence, and he does sometimes pull out saves and interceptions at big moments when the team is under pressure. 

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

Decent. Shot stopping is mostly solid. Distribution is alright, not as bad as expected considering his reputation for being a limited player. Positioning can be slightly iffy. 

The most important difference to this predecessors is that he’s aggressive and vocal in organising the defence, and he does sometimes pull out saves and interceptions at big moments when the team is under pressure. 

Thought so. This could be the little resurrection he needed.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if he's just mentally on the beach - he's got a last decent contract and he isn't playing at what he maybe perceives as his rightful level anymore - or if he's just one of these players that gets physically gubbed quite early in their careers. He did break through quite young at Hamilton Accies.

Either way he just looks a mile off of what the team needs in midfield. He made Bitton look like a nimble midfielder when he got a few minutes.

Maybe he can work his way back to a useful level but fundamentally I just can't picture him doing well in a team that's trying to play quick one-touch football from back to front and then press frantically out of possession.

Archived