talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hobbies and Interests

football forum

• Subscriber

Was quite surprised to see that we actually haven't got a thread for it...

So I was just wondering, what are TF365 posters doing in their free time? What are your hobbies and main interests? Did you find any new hobbies during the lockdowns in the last year and a half? Any unusual, less common ones?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Football, football and a tiny bit more football.

In all seriousness, I love quizzes. Pub quizzes, online, on TV. Just enjoy the fun and buzz off it, especially pub quizzes. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Looking forward to @Eco's list of 1001 hobbies.

If I remember correctly @Eco had a big list of things he wanted to do before he was a certain age.

• Subscriber

I do some model building during the year but realistically its taken quite the backseat during the last year just because it takes a lot of planning and time has been a luxury.

Something I did pickup while we were all stuck at home is actually browsing StackExchange subs like UX or SuperUser or DBA, etc. I find the questions asked and the answering quite interesting personally. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

In all seriousness, I love quizzes. Pub quizzes, online, on TV. Just enjoy the fun and buzz off it, especially pub quizzes. 

Ever won something significant? Ever took part in one of the TV quizzes yourself? If not, would you like to? 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Something I did pickup while we were all stuck at home is actually browsing StackExchange subs like UX or SuperUser or DBA, etc. I find the questions asked and the answering quite interesting personally. 

Stack Exchange is addictive af, haha. So many times just going there to find an answer on something specific, only to go down the rabbit hole and spend the next few hours reading about completely unrelated stuff.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Ever won something significant? Ever took part in one of the TV quizzes yourself? If not, would you like to? 

I've been on Countdown! Sadly lost by a few points. Would do it again. Got to meet Rachel Riley and Jeff Stelling which was a bonus.

With pub quizzes I've been on teams winning about £100 or crates of beer/wine.

I've applied to go on The Chase as well. Would love to do that.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Stack Exchange is addictive af, haha. So many times just going there to find an answer on something specific, only to go down the rabbit hole and spend the next few hours reading about completely unrelated stuff.

The thing with SE is that there is a sub for anything you can think of really. I found Worldbuilding the other day and some of the questions when they were writing RPGs had me gripped. 

E.g. https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/207948/why-does-a-divine-judgement-system-not-strike-down-evildoers

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The thing with SE is that there is a sub for anything you can think of really. I found Worldbuilding the other day and some of the questions when they were writing RPGs had me gripped. 

E.g. https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/207948/why-does-a-divine-judgement-system-not-strike-down-evildoers

Oh dear, why did you have to give me that link... I'll spend ages reading it all now (^-^)

Oh lala - 

Hobbies are vast...I'm an avid reader and writer. I play chess competitively, enjoy learning foreign languages, and of course, Ultra Running where I'm running about 75-100 miles a week. 

@nudge and @Stan - I have an updated list of things I want to do before I die. It was a list I first wrote down in High School, moved it later to excel, and now it rests in G-Suite Sheets. I have added things as I have grown, and removed things that I either completed OR no longer cared about. 

Currently I think my list is around 86 items, so feel free to ask a number and I'll provide you that goal! 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Eco said:

Oh lala - 

Hobbies are vast...I'm an avid reader and writer. I play chess competitively, enjoy learning foreign languages, and of course, Ultra Running where I'm running about 75-100 miles a week. 

@nudge and @Stan - I have an updated list of things I want to do before I die. It was a list I first wrote down in High School, moved it later to excel, and now it rests in G-Suite Sheets. I have added things as I have grown, and removed things that I either completed OR no longer cared about. 

Currently I think my list is around 86 items, so feel free to ask a number and I'll provide you that goal! 

69, obvs. 

How many of the 86 have you completed? 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Eco said:

What's the first and the last item on the list?

5 hours ago, Stan said:

69, obvs. 

How many of the 86 have you completed? 

Qualify for Boston Marathon

Well, I've probably had over 200 things on the lists, but once I complete something, I simply delete it. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

What's the first and the last item on the list?

1.  Sell a painting to someone outside my family. 

86. Run a Sequential Month (Run a 1 on the 1st, 2 miles on 2nd...all the way up to running 29 miles on the 29th, and 30 miles on the 30th, and for a month it'll equal like 465 miles. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

1.  Sell a painting to someone outside my family. 

86. Run a Sequential Month (Run a 1 on the 1st, 2 miles on 2nd...all the way up to running 29 miles on the 29th, and 30 miles on the 30th, and for a month it'll equal like 465 miles. 

Didn't know you painted! 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Didn't know you painted! 

Yeah, I did a lot more in school, which is why it's at the top of the list, since it's one of the first ones I had. 

Actually just updated a few, and added the following

Attend HSV home match

Attend Bayern home match

Attend BvB home match

Attend Bremen home match

(I already had Schalke and Augsburg on there). 

Any other stadiums that are worth visiting? 

• Subscriber

I love reading and many a night when there is nothing on tv or shows that the wife watches and not me I will head off to bed and read, when I was a young lad it was reading, stamp collecting, playing Australin Rules Football, Boxing etc and I used to collect air-fix kits of planes and tanks, assemble them with glue and paint them.

18 hours ago, Stan said:

I've been on Countdown! Sadly lost by a few points. Would do it again. Got to meet Rachel Riley and Jeff Stelling which was a bonus.

With pub quizzes I've been on teams winning about £100 or crates of beer/wine.

I've applied to go on The Chase as well. Would love to do that.

Wow, what was it like being on Countdown? 

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Ploughendplonker said:

Wow, what was it like being on Countdown? 

Great!

Amazing experience. The only regret being that I think I went on when I was too young (18). If I went on now I think I'd have won. 

I was quite nervous beforehand and for the first few minutes. But once you get in the studio and start playing you kind of forget there's an audience and about 4 or 5 cameras on you. 

19 hours ago, Stan said:

Great!

Amazing experience. The only regret being that I think I went on when I was too young (18). If I went on now I think I'd have won. 

I was quite nervous beforehand and for the first few minutes. But once you get in the studio and start playing you kind of forget there's an audience and about 4 or 5 cameras on you. 

18? I barely had the confidence to go into a pub at that age, so fair play for being on one of the most famous game shows out there. 

Football is a big interest of mine, which may sound bizarre…

I don’t have much time for me. When I do it’s check this forum, clean the house, do the washing, buy nappies…

When the girls are like 25 maybe I can get back into reading more, doing more quizzes, Xbox, learning card tricks, running more, learning (or relearning) Japanese…

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Football is a big interest of mine, which may sound bizarre…

As long as you have Brett pictures on your wall, then I can replace that bald Manc cunt as your better looking new BFF. X

I’ve tried to reply to Nudgeys OP but it won’t let me like it won’t let me reply to several posts the last few days, so I’ve saved it in my notes on the iPhone. Since Thursday on my break at work.  Weird. 😂

Good idea for a topic though @nudge

Archived