talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hobbies and Interests

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill have to check this site out I love this kind of stuff. Reminds me I meant to post it a few years back some of the pics I took; Old train tunnels that where blasted through the mountains in the early 1900s.. unfortunately our floods have washed away the roads and walkway in its gonna cost alot and take alot of time to fix it up but heres a couple google images.

Best time for Othello Tunnels, Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park in British  Columbia 2022

Only 2 Hours From Vancouver Othello Tunnels Are A Must See Attraction

Othello Quintette Tunnels – Let's Go Biking!

Explore The Othello Tunnels • British Columbia Magazine

Those look fantastic.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Are there any new hobbies you're looking to engage in? This may sound daft but am looking to start reading books. I used to years ago. I think it'll be more  beneficial then my failed F1 career on the PS4.

What's daft about reading books as a hobby?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I never quite explained it correctly. Didn't want members to think I've never read books in 42 years of life 🤣

Well I certainly hope that's not true xD Although it wouldn't be too surprising; I've met quite a few people who never liked reading books and have only read a couple at school. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Are there any new hobbies you're looking to engage in? This may sound daft but am looking to start reading books. I used to years ago. I think it'll be more  beneficial then my failed F1 career on the PS4.

I am a book worm and off to be shortly to read a book, if you anything to knock you out and have a good nights kip is lye in bed and read a book. 😴

• Subscriber

Regarding new hobbies/interests, I spent a few weeks living in a hotel just opposite of a seaport this year, and after spending countless hours watching various kinds of ships daily, I got quite into vessel spotting, tracking and logging. Started with using binoculars and just some standard marine traffic apps, but consider either getting an AIS receiver or setting up a proper AIS station on a Raspberry Pi later at some point. 

Ham radio and radio astronomy are other things I'd love to try, but I'm super new to it and need to learn more before I commit to buying equipment.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Nice! How old? I'd guess from some time in 19th century?

The two furnaces were built in 1867 and 1870. They produced pig iron up until about 1891, then the workers mostly abandoned the area. It's in the process of being restored.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

The two furnaces were built in 1867 and 1870. They produced pig iron up until about 1891, then the workers mostly abandoned the area. It's in the process of being restored.

Had to Google "pig iron" xD

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Had to Google "pig iron" xD

I work at a blast furnace so I'm familiar with the technology. It was totally random that we visited this site. I had no idea this historic town was here.

On 09/12/2021 at 17:29, MUFC said:

Normally good to add your preferred reading topics.

Mine would include history, select fantasy, and the odd current affairs topics. 

Occasionally come across an author I might want to follow too. 

30 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Normally good to add your preferred reading topics.

Mine would include history, select fantasy, and the odd current affairs topics. 

Occasionally come across an author I might want to follow too. 

Archived