talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How often do you drink alcohol?

football forum

Currently on a bit of a health kick that includes knocking the drink on it's head for as long as I can resist really and it got me thinking about the last time I had a long period without touching a drop of alcohol.

I'm currently on day 8 at the moment which is pretty good for me as I've always had a pretty relaxed attitude to drink in the sense I'd maybe have a drink on a Friday and Saturday and usually a few nights during the week. Friday and Saturday would usually be the main drinking nights where I'd drink a fair bit and the week nights were more relaxing evenings with a few glasses of wine. 

How often does everyone else drink and do people also have breaks here and there?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

2-3 times a year. 

Used to drink 4 days a week during my uni days. 

2-3 times a year, fair play to you that's good. Bet you suffer from bad hangovers then don't you?

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I usually wake up with a German beer for Bundesliga game days, but other than that, I don't really drink any alcohol. 

Wake up?

What you have a beer for breakfast, the only time I tend to ever drink in the morning is when I go on a lads trip abroad and we're in the airport. 

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

2-3 times a year, fair play to you that's good. Bet you suffer from bad hangovers then don't you?

Aye, particularly because I can never get enough sleep to sleep it off. 

• Subscriber

Have 1 or 2 small beers almost daily, usually at night after work, or one at lunch and then one after work. Go out for more drinks maybe once or twice a month these days. 

I also love whisky, used to have a nice collection of single malts, so loved to have a dram or two every once in a while at night. But due to moving a lot recently, I gave up on the collection and only buy whisky for special occasions or when I'm out in a nice bar.

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

Wake up?

What you have a beer for breakfast, the only time I tend to ever drink in the morning is when I go on a lads trip abroad and we're in the airport. 

I live in the States, so Augsburg matches start about 9:30am. I usually wake up, make some eggs and bacon, and drink a nice crisp beer. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have 1 or 2 small beers almost daily, usually at night after work, or one at lunch and then one after work. Go out for more drinks maybe once or twice a month these days. 

I also love whisky, used to have a nice collection of single malts, so loved to have a dram or two every once in a while at night. But due to moving a lot recently, I gave up on the collection and only buy whisky for special occasions or when I'm out in a nice bar.

tenor.gif

• Administrator

Lockdown since last year helped a lot with cutting down alcohol. Didn't help with getting used to hangovers though; the lack of drinking 'regularly' meant when we could go out again properly, the hangover would hit twice as hard.

Had a few nights out with mates during Euros and then last weekend for my re-arranged stag, and my head fucking hurt. Indian wedding next month so I've told myself I'm not touching a drop of alcohol until then. 

Usually would have a beer or two at home when watching football at the weekend. As I've got older I've much preferred the nights in with family/friends as opposed to getting plastered every other week or so. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Devil said:

Just done my evening run, chilled out, played a bit of Fifa and missus gone gym.

Could just do a couple of cold bottles on Heineken.

Good job I haven't got any in..... 😂

I have one more hour of work, and then will open an ice cold bottle of Beck's... 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Devil said:

Just done my evening run, chilled out, played a bit of Fifa and missus gone gym.

Could just do a couple of cold bottles on Heineken.

Good job I haven't got any in..... 😂

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I have one more hour of work, and then will open and ice cold bottle of Beck's... 

😆

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n6x86vzlasd9sc68fk

Don't drink in the house unless there's a match on. Would usually have three or four cans/bottles during a game i think. Normally go the pub once a week which is normally a early on a Saturday until God knows what time or a few hours on a Sunday

• Subscriber

The best place I have ever been out for a drink is in Cliffs Pavilion, Westcliff-on-Sea next to the Palace Theatre in the late 80's up to the late 90's, brilliant little pub and a lot of actors all around the UK would perform in the theatre next door,.

We (me, wife and our kids when they were young) would go there on a Sunday morning and have a meal, there would always be a guy on a piano playing away and there would be thespians there quietly reading their Sunday papers with a pipe or cigar puffing away and a drink th fron of them, it was so relaxing a quiet.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

The best place I have ever been out for a drink is in Cliffs Pavilion, Westcliff-on-Sea next to the Palace Theatre in the late 80's up to the late 90's, brilliant little pub and a lot of actors all around the UK would perform in the theatre next door,.

We (me, wife and our kids when they were young) would go there on a Sunday morning and have a meal, there would always be a guy on a piano playing away and there would be thespians there quietly reading their Sunday papers with a pipe or cigar puffing away and a drink th fron of them, it was so relaxing and quiet.

A few months ago and my answer to this question probably would have been "almost daily" - especially during a year of lockdown. I spent a lot of my extended free time drinking at home because of boredom tbh.

In the past few months I've been drinking a lot less, not for any health reasons tbh. I think I've only drank 5 times in the last few months.

But those 5 times I've drank, I've been binge drinking and consumed a fuckload of alcohol xD

Haven’t been drunk since January, then went just under 3 months no alcohol (personal best for me since I was 17/18). Now, I may have a 1-2 beer/whiskey every second day or so. Just got no time for it, and really don’t fancy being hungover looking after two babies…

I have three big nights planned in October though (football awards night, bucks party, and a wedding) so that’ll probably be my big ones this year haha 

• Subscriber

I tend to come on here recently more when I’ve drank alcohol than sober 😂. My free time to sit and browse a forum and free time to have a beer come hand in hand nowadays.

No being serious though…. I’ve behaved since the Euro final but finished work last night and fancied a few so played on the PS…. And when you haven’t had a drink in a short while it feels good! I’m sure the fellow drinkers agree. I have no other vice. No coffee, no chocolate, etc etc etc etc etc.

So I had a drink and a few games and a chat on the headset with a friend then after a few hours his wife came downstairs and told him off so he had to say “mate I’ve got to go” so I found myself browsing this forum. 🤣

In answer to the OP… not enough. Ha.

Nah in all seriousness once a week on average. However… twice this week as I’m out tomorrow…  nice meal and drinks paid for by the managing director at work for me and the other production supervisors and the production managers. Have a good weekend people 😘.

• Administrator

Prior to COVID, with the travelling I was doing for work with the hotel stay overs, I was drinking at least a bottle of wine a night. Sometimes two. 

I felt fucking ruined. Awful hang-xiety the next day. Heart palpitations at night.

I haven't touched a drop since August last year when we discovered we were expecting our 2nd daughter.

I miss drinking now and then, but not enough to fall off the wagon. I thought I'd miss it more and crumble. 

Archived