talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba Back at Juventus

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

As per what Devil said I dislike the guy so much but I can't see United selling him to our rivals plus the name Mino Raiola and Pogba together would put anybody off, I still hope he goes though, the quicker the better.

You know what, I've racked my brain and I can't think of a single United player that was as disliked whilst he was playing for the club than Paul Pogba. 

I post on here and a well known United forum and you could count on one hand the number of supporters that actually want him to stay. Most if not all just want the circus to pack up and leave town.

It's been five years of how do we get the best out of Pogba. Well guess what, you can't, we've tried everything. We bought Fernandes and it was supposed to take the pressure of Paul, no longer was he seen as the sole provider of chances, the driver of the team. He could go back to being the calming influence he was at World cup 2018 for France, a nice two touch footballer who keeps things moving around the park and allows the forward players to do the business. 

Nope, he made a comeback from injury, looked a million dollars against Villa playing the two touch football we all imagined and then the following game reverted to type and started hanging on to the ball, losing it in key areas of the pitch. 

• Subscriber

Pogba is a jerk end of, he likes being the king of the pitch, plays blinders for France and laps up all the headlines then when he plays for United he is shit, plays the odd good game then vanishes for the next 4.

I always classed Berbatov as a hot & cold player, played 3 good games on the trot then vanished for the next 3 but when I look back Berba was a class act and shits all over Pogba, when you get a player who plays like Berba and scores a hat-trick against Liverpool, that says it all.

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Pogba is a jerk end of, he likes being the king of the pitch, plays blinders for France and laps up all the headlines then when he plays for United he is shit, plays the odd good game then vanishes for the next 4.

I always classed Berbatov as a hot & cold player, played 3 good games on the trot then vanished for the next 3 but when I look back Berba was a class act and shits all over Pogba, when you get a player who plays like Berba and scores a hat-trick against Liverpool, that says it all.

Was a season ticket holder during the period of Berbatov and to say he was frustrating was an understatement but one thing I will say, it was his style of play that didn't suit United. It wasn't his application, he never played for himself and he never hung on to the ball in situations a simple pass was needed. 

Plus he scored a fair few goals even though he didn't have the best of times. 

I think a move to Liverpool would do wonders for his career tbh, think he'd really benefit from a coach like Klopp with the high levels of individual improvement he can get out of players. No doubt Pogba has for maybe bar one season at United not lived up to the hype of his price tag or the peaks of his ability that you see from him every now and then.

Let's be honest though United aren't selling to Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think a move to Liverpool would do wonders for his career tbh, think he'd really benefit from a coach like Klopp with the high levels of individual improvement he can get out of players. No doubt Pogba has for maybe bar one season at United not lived up to the hype of his price tag or the peaks of his ability that you see from him every now and then.

It will never happen for a few reasons but mainly wages. The thing I read though was that he has been offered to Liverpool when his contract is up next summer

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I doubt they are in for him but if it's a choice between 40-50 million in the bank or getting no money at all I think they'd have no choice. 

I don't even think Klopp could get the best out of Pogba myself, the guys head is so far up his own arse it's untrue. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No thanks, he’s be absolutely shite in our midfield too. No room for passengers in the centre of the pitch, he’d be off at halftime, like Keita v Real Madrid, constantly.

It won’t happen anyway and it would be weird. So stupid baiting headline… however take your we are better than you and recently won the league and champions league and you’re stuck in the Fergie years and now have a yes man who bottles it in big games glasses off and imagine….

Pogba, Henderson and Thiago in a midfield 3…… mate that would be amazing.. imagine he doesn’t play for United for a second…. That would be 🔥. I’m not even researching the topic headline as it’s probably as stupid as it sounds 😂.

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

It won’t happen anyway and it would be weird. So stupid baiting headline… however take your we are better than you and recently won the league and champions league and you’re stuck in the Fergie years and now have a yes man who bottles it in big games glasses off and imagine….

Pogba, Henderson and Thiago in a midfield 3…… mate that would be amazing.. imagine he doesn’t play for United for a second…. That would be 🔥. I’m not even researching the topic headline as it’s probably as stupid as it sounds 😂.

Fabinho is Liverpool's best midfielder though

13 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Lacks Fabinho, so it’s a downgrade on our current midfield tbh.

• 9 months later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

There is talks of him coming to City on a free 🙈

You can have him for a packet of peanuts, good riddance to the twat, he can do some disco dancing on your pitch with the players.

This would be hilarious and actually evidence just what a show pony mercenary he is. People will lap it up that he walks into a world class side with every other player doing his work whilst he makes a pass or two, occasionally chimes in with an assist but holds up the trophy at the end.

I’ve seen this somewhere before with a national team he’s involved with…….

• Administrator
6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve seen this somewhere before with a national team he’s involved with…….

Which one? Same one as Ramos?

On 07/05/2022 at 04:27, Happy Blue said:

There is talks of him coming to City on a free 🙈

Where's he play in your team?  He's supposed to be central midfielder, but won't track back and seems more comfortable out wide on the left.  But City already have plenty of wide players.    He performed well at Juventus when he was played further up front and had no defensive responsibilities, but I don't think Pep will let him fget away with that.  

He's a luxury player and City can  certainly afford to care one, but do you really want him roaming around free and have other players pick up the hard work he doesn't do?

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't think we will sign him, we after De Jong ..if he ends up at City he would need to works his nuts off or he wouldn't play

De Jong coming to United.   (Hopefully)

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba - Crossing the Divide in Manchester?
  • The title was changed to Paul Pogba Back at Juventus

Archived