talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Predictions 2021/22

1 hour ago, DNA said:

Hoping he stays tbh, looked sharp in our last few premier league games and Billy Sharp isn’t getting any younger, Mousset albeit always injured is still an asset I’d say, just lacks the fitness to go a full 90. With McBurnie we’re pretty much stuck with him and I suppose it’s worth giving him another chance, expectations are low though xD

Haven't your lot still got Brewster? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Haven't your lot still got Brewster? 

Aha yes unfortunately, been given the number 7 shirt now too, a lot of attacking options, probably too many and with the new boss I can see the start of the season being shaky for the first 5/10 games as the starters emerge. Jebbison not given a squad number so he’s unfortunately going out on loan, been a victim to the quantity up top, can see him becoming a top player in the future. 

1. Fulham

2. West Brom

3. Bournemouth

4. Sheff Utd

5. Middlesbrough

6. QPR

22. Huddersfield

23. Blackpool

24. Derby

Fulham have the best squad. Options are insane and with Mitrovic, we know what he does in this league. Harry Wilson will thrive for this side too much like he did at Derby, Cardiff were not as attacking to get the best out of him. They should win it really, but there is a question mark for me over Marco Silva. He needs to repair his reputation.

West Brom will take a little while to adjust to the new manager's philosophy I feel. Bare in mind they are going from Big Sam to him so I expect to see them really coming out their shell once October hits. They look like they have the right blend of youth and experience, the two full backs look real threats for them.

Bournemouth and Scott Parker seem a good fit. If they keep David Brooks and Solanke fit, they will be up there, but losing Danjuma would be a blow and he'd need replacing. I'd personally say they are still two or three short for automatic, but playoffs, definitely.

Sheff Utd are a solid side, they will keep plenty of clean sheets and Jokanovic knows what it takes to get promoted. I don't see them stuffing sides but I think they'll be hard to beat. Playoffs minimum.

Warnock always has a team flirting up there and he got Boro in a good position last year before they fell away with injuries. Do not be shocked to see the wiley old fox have his Boro team up there. He has a habit of getting the most out of unfancied players.

QPR have been on everyone's lips given the run they had February onwards last season. Austin will get goals in the league and backed up by Chair and Willock, they will be dangerous, especially at home. They are arguably the 'dark horse' for the season (I usually tip Millwall but they just end up flattering to deceive).

As for relegation, it smells like Derby are in trouble. Do we care? Not really, they should have gone last time so fingers crossed they flush this season.

Blackpool and Huddersfield would be my other tips for the drop, although I think Blackpool will surprise some teams. Ultimately I think the lack of squad depth could kill them. Huddersfield are ridiculously poor but were saved last year by being a slightly less smelly bag of shit than some others.

Bristol City and Blackburn will be nervously looking over their shoulder this year but should just have enough.

Peterborough are the team I'm quite interested to see. Never any issues scoring goals, it's just keeping them out a level up. They could be a pleasant surprise mind especially with decent weapons in Szmodics, Demeble and Clarke-Harris. Would like to see them go well and they are my team to surprise.

Silva’s a fraud and this Fulham defence, which largely looks the same as it has done for the last two or three seasons, has conceded 101 goals in the last two seasons and combining that with Silva’s honking record as a manager, especially away from home, doesn’t fill me with much confidence in them. 

They certainly have the squad to do it but I don’t think they’ve got the manager at all. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to EFL Predictions 2021/22
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

what do you think of his chances @CaaC (John)

Never bet on football, the only bet I put on each year is the Derby and the Grand Nationals and that;s about it but I reckon a good bet to put on is Arteta getting the bullet sooner than later, at a guess though I would say that WBA are riding high atm so they should be a good bet whatever.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Never bet on football, the only bet I put on each year is the Derby and the Grand Nationals and that;s about it but I reckon a good bet to put on is Arteta getting the bullet sooner than later, at a guess though I would say that WBA are riding high atm so they should be a good bet whatever.

I meant his chances on his bet. Not your chances on the horses xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I meant his chances on his bet. Not your chances on the horses xD 

I shall not lead the lad or lady into a life of betting, it is evil and not worth it...

PS. Put a tenner on them Jemmy and a fiver for me, if you lose, tough shit you wont get my fiver. 😂

• The topic was unpinned

Archived