talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favorite mission on a game?

football forum

Just finished Unchartered Lost Legacy, not as good as Unchartered 4 but still a good game. If anyone has played it, did you enjoy the final mission on the train? Is on of my favorites, really enjoyed it. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The Korriban cave in KOTOR 2. 

Not exactly a mission or quest, but the whole Water Dragon storyline from the Jade Empire was great.

The Whore/The Priest in Mafia.

Happy Birthday in Mafia.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

The Korriban cave in KOTOR 2. 

Not exactly a mission or quest, but the whole Water Dragon storyline from the Jade Empire was great.

The Whore/The Priest in Mafia.

Happy Birthday in Mafia.

Any pics?

Happy Birthday mission sounds good, will look it up on Youtube.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Any pics?

Happy Birthday mission sounds good, will look it up on Youtube.

I'm not sure if Happy Birthday is the exact name of it, but I think so. Basically you have to assassinate City Councilor during his birthday celebration on a steamboat! 

The mission in Goldeneye 64 that's basically the intro from the movie where you set up the mission that leads to Trevelyan's death - then have to escape by plane.

Or the mission in Goldeneye 64 on the train where you have to use your laser watch.

Tomb Raider 2, that Venice level. It had such nice sound design (for the time), where you could hear sparrows etc. Felt like you were actually in a southern European country. Well, I was a kid with a wild imagination. So yea. That stuck with me. xD

Other than that, I don't remember that many specific Missions. GTA San Andreas maybe. The "follow the damn train, C.J." one. That was an adrenaline rush alright. Or the one where you had to fly that annoying R.C. plane. 

Edit: Ok, that Tomb Raider 2 sound design sounded a lot better to me when I was a kid:

Now the bird sounds sound actually quite annoying. xD

• Subscriber

Hitman 3 Bloody Money. I dont remember what mission it is but you start out in suburbia and have to assassinate a guy thats in witness protection held up in a house. I dont know why it appealed to me so much but I probably completed it every which way possible and there where alot..... Loved that game.

Well here it is:

• Subscriber
On 02/08/2021 at 22:02, Dr. Gonzo said:

The mission in Goldeneye 64 that's basically the intro from the movie where you set up the mission that leads to Trevelyan's death - then have to escape by plane.

Or the mission in Goldeneye 64 on the train where you have to use your laser watch.

Yessss. Great choices. 

Were the names of those not just Runway and Train? I so enjoyed replaying these last year when I got an N64. Definitely want to get a modded console soon. Love that game.

For me it could be anything from Goldeneye and quite a lot from Vice City or San Andreas. The Bank heist in Vice City. 

This was funny from San Andreas.

I could also add lots from the Assassins Creed or Prince of Persia games. Devil May cry also…i’ve played too many great games. 

42 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Were the names of those not just Runway and Train? I so enjoyed replaying these last year when I got an N64. Definitely want to get a modded console soon. Love that game.

I can't remember, tbh... it's been a long time since I've played the game, but that sounds right.

Those missions, and really... the entire Goldeneye 64 game... did a great job of making you feel like you were James Bond in the film. Which as a kid who loved James Bond films... it was a pretty great gaming experience.

• Subscriber
On 05/08/2021 at 00:30, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't remember, tbh... it's been a long time since I've played the game, but that sounds right.

Those missions, and really... the entire Goldeneye 64 game... did a great job of making you feel like you were James Bond in the film. Which as a kid who loved James Bond films... it was a pretty great gaming experience.

Sounds like you love your old games as much as me. I’m nostalgic as **** and love reliving it. I’ve bought lots of remasters on the PS. But games like Goldeneye I recommend getting a modded console mate. There’s legit sites that can give you a console that’s  got hundreds of retro games. Plug in and play. Use a current gen pad to play too. It’s on my to buy list. 

Last year in lockdown early on I started a N64 collection whilst on furlough and loved playing Super Mario, Goldeneye, F Zero X, super smash bro’s. Pokemon, Yoshi’s story etc etc. But they’ve become collectors items and some are so expensive. To the point where there’s fake cartridges and “repro’s” about. 

Once the novelty wore off and I was back at work and on the PS5 more I sold for a tidy profit. But said modded console off a legit site is on my to buy list, all sega, nes, SNES, n64, ps1 etc etc all on one console in probably better graphics. Sounds like something you and likes of @Bluebird Hewitt would enjoy. 

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Sounds like you love your old games as much as me. I’m nostalgic as **** and love reliving it. I’ve bought lots of remasters on the PS. But games like Goldeneye I recommend getting a modded console mate. There’s legit sites that can give you a console that’s  got hundreds of retro games. Plug in and play. Use a current gen pad to play too. It’s on my to buy list. 

Last year in lockdown early on I started a N64 collection whilst on furlough and loved playing Super Mario, Goldeneye, F Zero X, super smash bro’s. Pokemon, Yoshi’s story etc etc. But they’ve become collectors items and some are so expensive. To the point where there’s fake cartridges and “repro’s” about. 

Once the novelty wore off and I was back at work and on the PS5 more I sold for a tidy profit. But said modded console off a legit site is on my to buy list, all sega, nes, SNES, n64, ps1 etc etc all on one console in probably better graphics. Sounds like something you and likes of @Bluebird Hewitt would enjoy. 

I have a dodgy console that has the vast majority of cartridge and tape games (so almost everything from the early days up to the N64. Very few PS1 games though). Was pretty cheap so not complaining too much. 

Still have my N64 as well with most of the games you mentioned, as well as WWF No Mercy, Paper Mario and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Cracking stuff. 

On 06/08/2021 at 18:23, JoshBRFC said:

I've still got my old N64 back home, but the last time I tried to play any games on it... my parents had moved on from the old school TVs and when I got everything plugged in, there was 0 picture when it was turned on. I took it over to a mate's house who still had an older TV and it worked fine, so I might need some sort of conversion thing for more modern TVs? I also live in a different country now, though, so not like I can just go back to my parents house and pick the thing up!

I like the idea of the modded ones to play the old school games.

Nowadays, I mostly play old games just on emulators on my laptop... but I'd say 99.99% of my gaming is either done on my Xbox or Switch now too.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've still got my old N64 back home, but the last time I tried to play any games on it... my parents had moved on from the old school TVs and when I got everything plugged in, there was 0 picture when it was turned on. I took it over to a mate's house who still had an older TV and it worked fine, so I might need some sort of conversion thing for more modern TVs? I also live in a different country now, though, so not like I can just go back to my parents house and pick the thing up!

I like the idea of the modded ones to play the old school games.

Nowadays, I mostly play old games just on emulators on my laptop... but I'd say 99.99% of my gaming is either done on my Xbox or Switch now too.

Had to get a Scart adaptor for the N64 to work on my TV, though I'm not sure if the current TV's even have that now. 

• 2 months later...

Just a list of my favorite missions, quests and chapters that stuck with me over the years for one reason or the other.

Mass Effect - Ilos

Mass Effect 2 - final mission

Mass Effect 3 - Citadel DLC

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - Formerly a Prince

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Brave New World (particularly the segment of The Tempest)

Oblivion - Whodunit? and Lost Histories

Ocarina of Time - Spirit Temple

Paper Mario 64 - Dark Days in Flower Fields

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - Sarcophagus

• 3 weeks later...

Archived