talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi's Next Club - PSG Confirm Signing

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

Scratch all that. Mbappe looking to leave now.

If he refuses to sign a new contract, can't he just leave at the end of this season to the club of his choice as a free agent? For me, personally, if I was looking for the best possible chance of making as much money as possible from a top side... I'd want to be making my transfers as a free agent.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he refuses to sign a new contract, can't he just leave at the end of this season to the club of his choice as a free agent? For me, personally, if I was looking for the best possible chance of making as much money as possible from a top side... I'd want to be making my transfers as a free agent.

According to french press, Mbappé is staying. 

I think at this point, the best for all sides is to let any contract discussions for the next year. 

For Mbappé, it's a chance to play with Messi and Neymar, two of the best at creating chances in world football. His numbers could hit new heights, making him even more valuable.

And as you mention, it's the best way to maximize his earnings. 

For PSG, they'll probably roll the dice. It's their best chance to win the Champions League and that for Qatar is worth way more than any fee they would get for Mbappé. 

Also, they should be confident that Mbappé would want to stay after this season, especially considering the possibility of bringing Pogba next summer and the probability that the team Mbappé wants to join, Real Madrid, will have a tough season under Ancelotti, offering even more reasons for Mbappé to commit long-term.

6 hours ago, Devil said:

Pep has confirmed City won't pursue Lionel Messi, which leaves on PSG as the most realistic place other than staying at Barca for Messi. 

He's normally true to his word. find it strange that we don't want him though even if we get Kane too

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Would be absolutely hilarious if Barca knock them out of the CL

If Real Madrid 2010 has taught us, having all this attacking talent can harm you tactically. 

Watch them get knocked out by Atalanta or Leipzig. 

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Real Madrid 2010 has taught us, having all this attacking talent can harm you tactically. 

Watch them get knocked out by Atalanta or Leipzig. 

Tbh, if Leipzig play anything like they did against a struggling Liverpool last season... I think they'd probably be a bit scared of that front 3 and back off them a lot more than they otherwise would and they'd end up looking shite again as they give the side they viewed as "better" too much of the ball and let those dangerous attackers get too many chances.

You guys have a point. 

As much as the idea of a super team is attractive on paper, they often don't succeed. 

2003/04 Real Madrid comes to my mind. That Galáctico team was eliminated by Monaco on the quarter-finals of the Champions League. 

2006 Brazil is another example. Lots of stars, not enough hard work to win the World Cup.

PSG is lucky to have Di María. If there's a star in world football who's willing to do the dirty work for his team to succeed, it's him.

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

You guys have a point. 

As much as the idea of a super team is attractive on paper, they often don't succeed. 

2003/04 Real Madrid comes to my mind. That Galáctico team was eliminated by Monaco on the quarter-finals of the Champions League. 

2006 Brazil is another example. Lots of stars, not enough hard work to win the World Cup.

PSG is lucky to have Di María. If there's a star in world football who's willing to do the dirty work for his team to succeed, it's him.

Someone like Wijnaldum is good to have around that squad too. He's an absolute quality midfielder and he's also not afraid of putting a shift in for his team.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Someone like Wijnaldum is good to have around that squad too. He's an absolute quality midfielder and he's also not afraid of putting a shift in for his team.

Not to mention they have the likes of Gueye, Danilo and Herrera on the squad, for when they need to reinforce the midfield. 

It's quite an impressive squad. And if they manage to also sign Theo Hernández this summer, it's probably one of the most impressive teams on paper I've ever seen. 

What I find impressive is that differently from those early 2000s Madrid sides, their defence is also very good.

This is not a Zidanes y Pavones side.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Messi not at Barca is just wrong. There should be a law against it. 

Agreed but I’m glad to see him elsewhere. It was always going to happen I’m shocked it took so long to announce. The previous board fucked up so much and this is the result. 

My current thoughts on him leaving prove I was always a Messi fanboy not Barca. Interested to hear @Carnivore Chris thoughts. He’s always been more Barca then Messi whereas I’ve followed them simply because of Messi.

You think I’m bad with #LH mate it doesn’t even compare 😉😂

My best mates have hated me for years because of my spam love for him. Those who’ve had me on FB on here over the years will know. 😂

Barca’s previous President and management ruined the club and now the current board are trying to rebuild. It’s the right decision for him to leave. It’s why he was willing to stay now whereas last year he wanted to leave. Because they’ve changed higher up for the better.

He’s the undisputed greatest of all time, we will never see the likes again. Ever. And even at 34 he’s the odds on favourite to win the ballon d’Or. And it will be a travesty if he doesn’t win it.

He deserves a PSG easy last few years, a team who have underperformed recently and still look shite. He will transform the whole club whilst he’s there. It’s a shame that him going PSG may mean Mbappe leaving, as Mbappe, Neymar and Messi would be so good to see. And I can’t stand PSG. But Messi going there would make me favour them over any top English club. 

Pretty gutted he's not going to be in the Premier League tbh. It just would have been so great to see him grace this country for a couple years and shove the 'he can't do it here' taunts down those people's mouths who think he's bottled it just for being loyal.

It's the little things like seeing him trot out for his warm up, the announcer saying his name in the line up across the tannoy like he's Joe Bloggs, the awkward post match interviews with Geoff Shreeves, seeing James Tarkowski go through the back of him at Turf Moor and being able to add him to your fantasy team.

16 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Agreed but I’m glad to see him elsewhere. It was always going to happen I’m shocked it took so long to announce. The previous board fucked up so much and this is the result. 

My current thoughts on him leaving prove I was always a Messi fanboy not Barca. Interested to hear @Carnivore Chris thoughts. He’s always been more Barca then Messi whereas I’ve followed them simply because of Messi.

My best mates have hated me for years because of my spam love for him. Those who’ve had me on FB on here over the years will know. 😂

Barca’s previous President and management ruined the club and now the current board are trying to rebuild. It’s the right decision for him to leave. It’s why he was willing to stay now whereas last year he wanted to leave. Because they’ve changed higher up for the better.

He’s the undisputed greatest of all time, we will never see the likes again. Ever. And even at 34 he’s the odds on favourite to win the ballon d’Or. And it will be a travesty if he doesn’t win it.

He deserves a PSG easy last few years, a team who have underperformed recently and still look shite. He will transform the whole club whilst he’s there. It’s a shame that him going PSG may mean Mbappe leaving, as Mbappe, Neymar and Messi would be so good to see. And I can’t stand PSG. But Messi going there would make me favour them over any top English club. 

Is that you?

16 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

He’s a cunt. Fuck off.

• Administrator

Quite upsetting watching it. Mainly because you have to wonder how it's come to this? A legend of football reduced to tears in this way :( 

• Subscriber

The significance of it isn't lost on me but christ the lord, some of the commentary isn't half over the top.

I feel for the guy but moreso I'm glad to see La Liga actually having a pop back at one of the teams who tried to ruin Spanish football with the Super League bollocks.

No sympathy for Barcelona whatsoever. They along with Real Madrid have made their bed by failing to address their horribly unsustainable business model because they're used to just getting away with everything and this time they aren't. Some sympathy for Messi but it doesn't stretch that far. Yes he's good at kicking a footie and he liked doing it in a Barcelona shirt, and now he's going to have to settle for PSG's £25m a year offer. He'll get over it, I promise you.

He's that rich it's hard to take it all seriously, I mean he must earn enough from sponsors and endorsements to live a wealthy life anyway.

If he loved Barca as much as he claims then why didn't he play for a realistic salary over the next few years. 

36 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's that rich it's hard to take it all seriously, I mean he must earn enough from sponsors and endorsements to live a wealthy life anyway.

If he loved Barca as much as he claims then why didn't he play for a realistic salary over the next few years. 

This. 

• The title was changed to Lionel Messi's Next Club - PSG Confirm Signing

Archived