talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peter Bosz leaves Ajax

football forum

Peter Bosz has left Ajax only after 1 season,  he had a terrible relationship with Dennis Bergkamp and other coaches, he would of been sacked soon by the sound of what is coming out from Ajax.    Bosz has now been confirmed as the new BVB Dortmund Coach.

It does come to mind now that Dennis Bergkamp is hard to work with.

Ajax now have to look for another coach..

Jaap Stam, Seedorf and Roger Schmidt are on the shortlist. 

Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Peter Bosz have reached an agreement for the coach’s transfer to the top German club.  Bosz had still been under contract with Ajax until June 30, 2019.

Peter Bosz (Apeldoorn, November 21, 1963) came to Amsterdam last summer from Maccabi Tel Aviv.  Under his leadership in 2016-2017, Ajax finished in second place in the Eredivisie, made it to the round of sixteen of the KNVB Cup, and reached the finals of the UEFA Europa League.

General Manager Edwin van der Sar: “I have mixed feelings about this transfer.  When we brought Peter in to Ajax last summer, it wasn’t our intention that our partnership would end after just one season.  Especially in the Europa League, we’ve had an amazing season.  For our players, and our coach, that has attracted extra attention from clubs in top European competitions.  But we couldn’t go so far as to bind him to his contract, and we worked out a good deal with Dortmund.  It’s now up to us, prior to the start of the pre-season, to sign on a good successor.”

Assistant coach Hendrie Krüzen will also leave Ajax for Borussia Dortmund.  Krüzen (Almelo, November 24, 1963) was also Bosz’s assistant at Heracles Almelo, Vitesse and Maccabi Tel Aviv.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do these things happen so frequently in Dutch football?

Forever different personalities have fallen out with others and even in major international tournaments this has occurred.

It's a shame because I wanted to see Bosz for another couple of seasons at Ajax although at Borussia Dortmund he'll have a chance to make a major statement. 

I feel like this is one of the big catalysts of the decline of Dutch football. Clubs like Ajax are still able to attract and produce young talent, they're in a good financial situation, but somehow they can't manage to create a healthy climate within the club. It's been a big clash of egos for about 10 years now.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why do these things happen so frequently in Dutch football?

Forever different personalities have fallen out with others and even in major international tournaments this has occurred.

It's a shame because I wanted to see Bosz for another couple of seasons at Ajax although at Borussia Dortmund he'll have a chance to make a major statement. 

Because Dutch are outspoken so sometimes it can be dangerous to have more then 1 Dutch person in a room.  

Johan Cruyff also didnt coach the national side due to arguments.

It did look like Bosz was doing good with the players, shame that it didnt last long as he was Johans ideal choice for Ajax.

7 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Because Dutch are outspoken so sometimes it can be dangerous to have more then 1 Dutch person in a room.  

Johan Cruyff also didnt coach the national side due to arguments.

It did look like Bosz was doing good with the players, shame that it didnt last long as he was Johans ideal choice for Ajax.

I've never seen Bergkamp as an outspoken type of person though. Infact he's one of the quietest footballers I can remember with a kind of character that is similar to that of Iniesta. I never imagined that he was difficult to get on with in a working environment. 

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've never seen Bergkamp as an outspoken type of person though. Infact he's one of the quietest footballers I can remember with a kind of character that is similar to that of Iniesta. I never imagined that he was difficult to get on with in a working environment. 

He is very out spoken, he had big problems with Wenger arguing a lot, he has said that many times and regrets the arguments.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/432097/Arsenal-icon-Dennis-Bergkamp-reveals-childish-arguments-with-Arsene-Wenger/amp

1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

He is very out spoken, he had big problems with Wenger arguing a lot, he has said that many times and regrets the arguments.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/432097/Arsenal-icon-Dennis-Bergkamp-reveals-childish-arguments-with-Arsene-Wenger/amp

Yeah I remember that now.  Strange though...  He never came across that way on the field of play.  Bergkamp wasn't one to show dissent or go mental at dubious decisions.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah I remember that now.  Strange though...  He never came across that way on the field of play.  Bergkamp wasn't one to show dissent or go mental at dubious decisions.

Yea he is very private and he seems quite a genuine decent guy, but  he is a very strong character behind the scene, he has his own way of doing things which isn't always the same as someone else's,   Dennis also fell out with the last coach Frank de Boer which was a bit sour.    I think Ajax maybe now have too many leaders running the place, also having so many former footballers they are getting too involved with the coach as they have a great knowledge of the game.     

Apparently Bosz wanted to stay at Ajax and wasn't interested in leaving,  when Dortmund contacted Ajax last week, Bosz wasn't interested even in getting more money at another club, he wanted to stay and build at Ajax as its his team, he always dreamt of coaching Ajax, but Ajax put him on gardening leave accepting the 4.2 million fee from Dortmund.   

https://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/28314677/__Spijkerhard_conflict_zorgt_voor_breuk_tussen_Bosz_en_Ajax__.html

Such a shame, Bosz was perfect for Ajax, He used to go and watch Cruyff coach there and Van Gaal, even when he played at Feyenoord he would travel to watch Ajax and study the coaching.   

I enjoyed his interview. Even with my limited German, I was able to hear and enjoy his very strong Dutch accent :D.

Seriously, I think this is a far more inspiring appointment than Favre. The thought of how his Ajax team played at their best (like against Schalke) being replicated with players like Dembele, Pulisic, Guerreiro and Weigl, is exciting. Of course there's a risk that it may take a while to get his style working, like it did with Ajax last season, unlike with Favre. 

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I enjoyed his interview. Even with my limited German, I was able to hear and enjoy his very strong Dutch accent :D.

Seriously, I think this is a far more inspiring appointment than Favre. The thought of how his Ajax team played at their best (like against Schalke) being replicated with players like Dembele, Pulisic, Guerreiro and Weigl, is exciting. Of course there's a risk that it may take a while to get his style working, like it did with Ajax last season, unlike with Favre. 

Well Bosz is a very interesting coach, he sorted the team out at Ajax also making some big changes like selling Bazoer, El Ghazi who he thought were trouble makers at the start of the season.  I think its a good appointment for Dortmund as he will be able to use the kind of style there with more experienced players, it will be a good challenge. 

Dennis Bergkamp now has spoken out after the reports about him.

Dennis Bergkamp has denied rumours that he played a part in the departure of Peter Bosz.

The 53-year-old was confirmed as Borussia Dortmund’s new head coach on Tuesday after a strong season in the Dutch capital, finishing second in the Eredivisie and reaching the Europa League final.

But Bergkamp told Volksrant he was not responsible for Bosz leaving after just one season in charge in Amsterdam.

“Yes, there were sometimes conflicting opinions, but that seems healthy," said Bergkamp.

“Sometimes a decision was made as I saw it, other times it was how Peter or Hennie [Henrichs, Ajax chairman] saw it.

“I have absolutely not controlled his departure."

Edwin van der Sar, general director of Ajax, also backed the Arsenal legend.

“Dennis got behind his appointment, and Peter did not have to leave,” he said.

“He recognised the knowledge and experience of Bosz.

20 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Dennis Bergkamp now has spoken out after the reports about him.

All that sounds like Peter Bosz didn't want anyone telling him or advising him on what to do and he got sick of it.  Maybe there were no major arguments but a coach has to be totally in charge of the team and absolutely no "advice" should be thrown at him.  Because otherwise those that are throwing constant advice should put themselves in the firing line and take the head coach job instead seeing as they know more.

Just now, SirBalon said:

All that sounds like Peter Bosz didn't want anyone telling him or advising him on what to do and he got sick of it.  Maybe there were no major arguments but a coach has to be totally in charge of the team and absolutely no "advice" should be thrown at him.  Because otherwise those that are throwing constant advice should put themselves in the firing line and take the head coach job instead seeing as they know more.

That is probably true, it can be too many people in charge with football knowledge.  

2 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

That is probably true, it can be too many people in charge with football knowledge.  

I mean...  That small paragraph of statements by Bergkamp and Van der Saar managed to make my head spin in a matter of seconds and imagine a whole season's worth of that by putting yourself in Bosz's shoes!!!  WOW!  One in one ear and another in another ear making you go mad.

Archived