• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lautaro Martinez - Spurs Agree Fee for Inter Milan Striker

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Crazy if true, they’ll have lost their 3 best players in the same window. 

If Spurs can bring him in aswell as Romero and then sell Kane for 100m I would say that’s excellent business on their part.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Crazy if true, they’ll have lost their 3 best players in the same window. 

If Spurs can bring him in aswell as Romero and then sell Kane for 100m I would say that’s excellent business on their part.

Selling Kane for 100 million is awful business. 150 minimum. 

Not too familiar with Martinez, but his scoring record is 1 in 3 for Inter. Presumably with Lukaku being the number 9 more times than not.

And he's 1 goal in 2 for Argentina so far.

Give him 5 years he could be one of the established top names anywhere.

Inter would surely have to spend a bit soon. They have got Sanchez, in an aging league, but who seems like he'd be the only remaining first team squad forward. At the defending Serie A champions..

Inter will probably want to keep him, but Lautaro probably wants to leave that sinking boat. I think he will end up leaving Inter. 

The currently situation of Inter reminds me of Milan in 2012 when they sold their two best players (Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic) to PSG and went into a long period of mediocrity.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

Inter will have a brand new team. No Lukaku, no Hakami, no Martinez, no Conte. 

No Eriksen either. Started playing well for Inter in the 2nd half of the season and no his return date is up in the air (if there is to be a return).

This won't happen. It's either Lukaku to Chelsea or Martinez to Tottenham, not both. What has happened is that Tottenham had a deal first but the Chelsea deal is fiscally better for Inter Milan, so Inter are going to cancel Martinez' transfer deal for the Lukaku move.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

This won't happen. It's either Lukaku to Chelsea or Martinez to Tottenham, not both. What has happened is that Tottenham had a deal first but the Chelsea deal is fiscally better for Inter Milan, so Inter are going to cancel Martinez' transfer deal for the Lukaku move.

I don’t think it will happen either but don’t rule it out for that. Inter still need a lot of money. The Lukaku money actually isn’t all that different to the Martinez money either cause they still owe so much to United. Their financial situation is so dire, it’s just hard for them to sell both and keep the fans on side, but ideally they would 

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don’t think it will happen either but don’t rule it out for that. Inter still need a lot of money. The Lukaku money actually isn’t all that different to the Martinez money either cause they still owe so much to United. Their financial situation is so dire, it’s just hard for them to sell both and keep the fans on side, but ideally they would 

They would also rather Martinez sold for a lot more as well, it'd be well under market value if Tottenham snapped him up for the reported price. Why is Tottenham letting the money splurge all of a sudden (if this were true)? They are more 'wealthy' than they behave - which is like a tight fisted ol' nan that use biscuit tins to store everything in despite that fact she lives in a country palace.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

They would also rather Martinez sold for a lot more as well, it'd be well under market value if Tottenham snapped him up for the reported price. Why is Tottenham letting the money splurge all of a sudden (if this were true)? They are more 'wealthy' than they behave - which is like a tight fisted ol' nan that use biscuit tins to store everything in despite that fact she lives in a country palace.

Well yeah and I think that’s what this is all about, trying to get more money out of us (or someone us) wouldn’t be shocked to see him sold. 

Good question. We expect to sell a fair few more players, although who knows how much we can raise. 

We definitely have more money than they let on. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Well yeah and I think that’s what this is all about, trying to get more money out of us (or someone us) wouldn’t be shocked to see him sold. 

Good question. We expect to sell a fair few more players, although who knows how much we can raise. 

We definitely have more money than they let on. 

No doubt, there is no way that Tottenham aren't one of the wealthiest clubs in the world. A London team that has consistently played in the richest league in the world, there must be a feeling of contentedness from those that run the club to sit in the top half of the table, occasionally storming into the European leagues for a few extra bucks. It's a nice little 'rut' to be stuck in.

Archived