talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Suicide Squad

football forum

Just seen this and wow, was that a pile of shit. A solid hour of filler, little to no character background/development, a villain so bad you don’t know whether it was made as a joke.

There are in that film the bones of something that could have been really good, but instead it was just all over the place and really not interesting at all until about the last hour/45 minutes.

The Batman films (Nolan) and Joker were some of the best superhero films in general, really don’t know why DC are trying to copy the model Marvel have perfected to keep putting out substandard films. They need to revert back to the darker style of films, but then they’d lose the family day out money I suppose.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just seen this and wow, was that a pile of shit. A solid hour of filler, little to no character background/development, a villain so bad you don’t know whether it was made as a joke.

It got mixed reviews... I started to give it a watch the other night but I fell asleep after the first 45 minutes which tells you ( not that I am old or infirm ) but that it was all over the place and couldn't keep my attention for very long... I am not familiar with that world or those characters in it but putting a Weasel in there and a Shark as characters just seemed silly to me.. xD

The first one was ok which is why I gave it a go but regrets.. I've had a few, and this was one of them.. 

21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It got mixed reviews... I started to give it a watch the other night but I fell asleep after the first 45 minutes which tells you ( not that I am old or infirm ) but that it was all over the place and couldn't keep my attention for very long... I am not familiar with that world or those characters in it but putting a Weasel in there and a Shark as characters just seemed silly to me.. xD

The first one was ok which is why I gave it a go but regrets.. I've had a few, and this was one of them.. 

when I saw the weasel I apologised to my girlfriend for taking her to see this film, about an hour and 50 minutes before it was due to end lol

The weasel moment for me was a prime example of them trying to go down the Marvel movie route with a funny/quirky moment but they just made it a bit weird/not funny.

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

when I saw the weasel I apologised to my girlfriend for taking her to see this film, about an hour and 50 minutes before it was due to end lol

The weasel moment for me was a prime example of them trying to go down the Marvel movie route with a funny/quirky moment but they just made it a bit weird/not funny.

As soon as I saw the Weasel I thought this is going to be silly isn't it... and it was, They all seemed like lower grade characters with some odd abilities, Even I can throw a boomerang for fucks sake.. xD It just seemed like a car crash

11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

As soon as I saw the Weasel I thought this is going to be silly isn't it... and it was, They all seemed like lower grade characters with some odd abilities, Even I can throw a boomerang for fucks sake.. xD It just seemed like a car crash

Did you see the final villain? Makes the weasel look like a logical casting choice haha

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Did you see the final villain? Makes the weasel look like a logical casting choice haha

No mate, like I said I fell asleep about 40-45 minutes in, As my eyes were going I thought I was being euthanised which to be honest would have been a blessing seeing what they were dishing up as entertainment... 

To be honest it's hard to judge if it worked or not, for me no but for fans of the characters and those more familiar with it it might have.. 

I don't understand how the fuck DC films are so shit - I honestly think that DC comics are significantly better than Marvel ones (granted, it's been a very very long fucking time since I've read a comic)... so there's very good source material that TV/film writers can nick & yet they still somehow keep failing compared to Marvel.

And I've got to say, Marvel's done a great job with their films and shows (at least most of them, Dr. Strange was a pile of shit though) - even things I thought would be dogshit ended up being very entertaining.

Saw this the other night. While I don’t think it’s shit, I do find the praise it’s getting very puzzling. It tries so hard to be guardians of the galaxy, and it just isn’t. There are a handful of funny moments, but I was disappointed overall. 

5/10

Archived