talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcel Sabitzer - Completes Bayern move

• Subscriber

One year left on his contract, a few reports saying he could be had for around €15m. Rumoured to have turned down an extension and by all accounts will be moving on next season at the latest. Theres been quite a few rumblings of Bayern's interest but it might be picking up steam. Imo would be a perfect signing, we have very little depth in the middle of the park and he can cover multiple positions, hard to imagine anyone better for that price.

• The title was changed to Marcel Sabitzer - linked with Bayern
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

If times are tough how did Bayern afford Upamecano?

So thats what gets me to, I dont know :what: the brsss dont opperate in a deficit, there is no debt as far as im aware? Maybe when the final numbers came in from last season it was worse then they thought and the purse strings got tighter for this year? This is a relatively small transfer all things considered and its being dragged out so I dont know man. 

11 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

So thats what gets me to, I dont know :what: the brsss dont opperate in a deficit, there is no debt as far as im aware? Maybe when the final numbers came in from last season it was worse then they thought and the purse strings got tighter for this year? This is a relatively small transfer all things considered and its being dragged out so I dont know man. 

Don’t take it the wrong way but this Bayern team depresses me outside a couple of players. Man, it is a sad sight to see Sane and Gnabry instead of Ribery and Robben. Well Gnabry I like but Sane has to be one of Bayern’s worst ever transfers, I do not like him at all. This Bayern seems so alien to the one I knew when I started following football.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Spike said:

Don’t take it the wrong way but this Bayern team depresses me outside a couple of players. Man, it is a sad sight to see Sane and Gnabry instead of Ribery and Robben. Well Gnabry I like but Sane has to be one of Bayern’s worst ever transfers, I do not like him at all. This Bayern seems so alien to the one I knew when I started following football.

Honestly I dont even disagree really. Gnabry was pretty awful most of last season, Coman was his usual roller coaster ride of form and Sane was pretty similar. There is the backbone of Lewy, Müller, Kimmich, Goretzka and ofc Neuer but it gets real thin real fast from there. The bench might be the thinnest I can remeber, definitely in recent years. Im not super optimistic for this season, I say this at halftime into the Gladbach match..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Done deal.

FC Bayern has signed Austrian international Marcel Sabitzer. The 27-year-old joins from RB Leipzig, where he has already played under coach Julian Nagelsmann. Sabitzer has a contract until 2025 and will wear the number 18 on his shirt at the German record champions.  

Oliver Kahn, CEO of FC Bayern: "Marcel Sabitzer brings everything a player needs for FC Bayern. He will also not need a long acclimatization period because he is already very familiar with the philosophy of our coach Julian Nagelsmann."    

Sports director Hasan Salihamidžić: "We are very happy that we were able to win Marcel Sabitzer for FC Bayern. Marcel is a very good footballer, he has a great mentality, is very ambitious and has carried responsibility on and off the pitch as captain of RB. After all, our coach knows him very well, also as a leadership player. We are looking forward to him."

Marcel Sabitzer: "I'm very happy to be playing for FC Bayern. Even as a child, my Bayern jersey was my great pride, every year at Christmas I got a new one. I will give everything for this club, want to win as many games as possible and of course win many titles."   

Sabitzer started his professional career at FC Admira Wacker Mödling and recommended himself for RB Leipzig via Rapid Wien. So far, he has played 145 times in the Bundesliga, scoring 32 goals, and in the Champions League he scored four times in 21 games. He has played 54 times for the national team in his native Austria (8 goals) and was a regular member of the Austrian national team at this summer's European Championship, where the team was knocked out in extra time by eventual winners Italy in the round of 16.

• The title was changed to Marcel Sabitzer - Completes Bayern move

This is why I have so much respect for Bayern, despite being grubbed out of cup finals and the like by referees on their behalf. 
The world is buzzing about where 2 players in their late 30s are going to offer their last useful years, earning half a million a week each.

Meanwhile, in Munich, a player who is one of the worlds best at what he does makes a 15 million move to quiet appreciation, not mass adulation. 

When Bayern blows PSG or Manchester United out of the champions league, all the african and indian rent-a-fans are going to be so confused. 

On 13/08/2021 at 23:53, Viva la FCB said:There is the backbone of Lewy, Müller, Kimmich, Goretzka and ofc Neuer but it gets real thin real fast from there. The bench might be the thinnest I can remeber, definitely in recent years. Im not super optimistic for this season, I say this at halftime into the Gladbach match..

So with this move, who from the midfield (players you identify as being the backbone) is on the bench on a  game to game basis?

Someone who has been a regular starter will be unhappy “riding the pine”

would a transfer for another defender been a better choice this window? With pavers and Hernandez (surprise) out with injury 

52 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

So with this move, who from the midfield (players you identify as being the backbone) is on the bench on a  game to game basis?

would a transfer for another defender been a better choice this window? With pavers and Hernandez (surprise) out with injury 

Bench Muller for life for missing that sitter against England. Done. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Would you rather have a squad of 3 starters? I dont get your point. He isnt displacing Müller, Kimmich or Goretzka (although Goretzka's recent form has left alot to be desired) the point is those 3 dont have to play every match. Sabitzer can play any of those 3 positions, technically he can play out wide as well, the guys a literal swiss army knife. Hes realistically good enough to push anyone of the 3 for a spot especially if they're struggling like Goretzka at the moment. Let alone for €15-16m I dont see how on earth you could ever be disappointed by this move, I actually dont think theres anyone id rather have as a 4th/rotational midfielder tbh. 

Defence seems fine, neither injury is long term, the only issue could have been RB but Stanisic has seemingly solved that. 

Archived