talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Notre Dame Incident

football forum

14 minutes ago, Panflute said:

People who hate Iran on the basis that they are muslims tend to be the same fat neckbeards who openly fantasise on social media about throwing "commies" out of helicopters.

There's a fuckton of them though.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-6 at 5:50 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I was talking about American gun violence rather than terrorism in Europe mate, but I'll drop it because I don't want it to get further controversial.

Oh, I see. To be honest, I´m super desilusioned about Brazil and Latin America as a whole. Here we´ve been in a huge crisis and things never seem to get better. We may have a 2nd impeachment in less than 1 year and like I mentioned criminality and a lot of other stuff are just out of control. :(

On a positive and totally off-topic, to cheer up, have you seen "Hot Israeli Army Girls" Instagram account. Man, I totally support Israel now. xD 

https://www.instagram.com/hotisraeliarmygirls

11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The Western view of Iran is the same as with Cuba, they don't dislike these countries because of their views but it's because they've actively resisted and beaten off American influence and attempts to control them. The situation in Iran was especially farcical, when they elected a democratic government many years ago the CIA actively orchestrated a coup which overthrew this governemnt because they wanted to nationalise the oil (imagine the people of a place wanting to reap most benefit from their resources). Iran is the most palatable nation in the Middle East, the one with the richest culutural traditions and has contributed greatly to world history, Saudi Arabia by comparison is a literal desert both georgrpahically but also culturally.

10 hours ago, Panflute said:

People who hate Iran on the basis that they are muslims tend to be the same fat neckbeards who openly fantasise on social media about throwing "commies" out of helicopters.

They're scum nonetheless, they orchestrated the bombings which Hezbollah executed here on the 90s and i'm sure they also did with many others.

On 06/06/2017 at 5:32 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Shootings are just random people who easily got ahold of a gun in the USA and decide to kill a bunch of people. The terrorism in Europe is a problem that can easily spread. 

I normally wouldn't say things like this, but when shootings have become so common in the USA, you may as well also cover killings in Burundi. Its their problem and it gets tiring to hear about only them and actually get the attention they crave. Venezuela is in a much worse situation and they get no attention from other continents. Since guns are so easily obtained by people there, I see it as a domestic problem.

We could even look at our very own country. How many stabbings/shootings are there in cities such as London which don't make the main news? Every week? It's far from the level of Caracas or even Chicago, but is still common enough and if a gang member shoots or stabs another gang members, nobody cares, not even when they are kids. The only time it's news is when an innocent by stander is caught in the crossfire, so it's not only incidents from other countries that aren't well documented, but ones which occur in our very own country.

People don't care due to how common it is.

As for other countries, well many people in this country don't even know that Honduras exists, nevermind that it has the highest murder rate in the world.

Car drove into a crowd at Amsterdam Central station injuring 8, 2 of which seriously. They're saying it was just a guy who got sick behind the wheel and lost control, but I know the part where the car crashed and there's no way in hell you would just end up there randomly by losing control, as you would have to cover multiple train tracks and a taxi parking to even get there with a regular vehicle.

I'd say Europe is now looking more violent than the US... but then I remember there was a shooting at a mall that's pretty much across the street from me, so I feel like that's probably not true.

The headlines are ridiculous though it's like we're NPCs in a GTA game and anything from those games can happen to us at any moment.

Fuck Bush and Blair for the Iraq war & starting ISIS. Both should be strung up for that.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd say Europe is now looking more violent than the US... but then I remember there was a shooting at a mall that's pretty much across the street from me, so I feel like that's probably not true.

The headlines are ridiculous though it's like we're NPCs in a GTA game and anything from those games can happen to us at any moment.

Fuck Bush and Blair for the Iraq war & starting ISIS. Both should be strung up for that.

I remember in my youth I heard about IRA and ETA and thinking "wow it must be really scary living in a country where that can happen". Now it's normal throughout Western Europe and it feels like no one still bats an eye whenever another attack happens. Whatever one's political stance, it's obvious we fucked up big time somewhere along the road.

Archived