talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2021-22 - Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Two

Casualties (2)

Another largely successful week in the first round of this season's Last Man Standing League, as just a pair of players fail to make it over the second hurdle. Man Utd's failure to secure three points at St. Mary's sees us bid farewell for now to @Rucksackfranzose and @Lucas.

Unlucky chaps, you end this round with a single point, barring a hilarious massacre this weekend that would hand you a bonus for joint 3rd. Look out for a tag at the start of the next round.

Survivors (23)

23 of the original 27 competitors have made it over the first pair of hurdles with little difficulty. Liverpool kicked off the weekend on a positive note for @Stan, @6666@Tommy and @Pugwash with their 2-0 win over Burnley sending this foursome through to the third week. The 3pm Saturday kickoffs saw the floodgates open, with the vast majority of players bagging an open goal in Man City's 5-0 win over Norwich, namely @RandoEFC, @Eco, @CaaC (John), @Storts, @DeadLinesman, @The Palace Fan, @Rick, @ROBBIEFC, @Bluewolf, @Asura, @Devil, @Dan, @...Dan and @Michael. Quietly piggybacking off Aston Villa's 2-0 win and keeping their Man City card in their back pockets though, were @Mel81x, @Redcanuck, @Whiskey and @Pyfish, a move that could pay dividends further down the line. The only man to wait until Sunday to secure progress to Gameweek Three was @Khan of TF365 with his unique pick of Tottenham Hotspur ahead of their 1-0 win at Wolves.

Congratulations to all, that's 2 points on the board and counting. Please read ahead for Gameweek Three's fixtures.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 16.13.23.png

Preview - Gameweek Three

Below is the current table and the next set of fixtures. Remember not to pick a team you've already used!

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 16.14.29.png Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 16.14.02.png

My pick for Gameweek Three is Tottenham Hotspur.

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

This weekend is going to sink a few people. Kind of regretting using Man City last week.

I'm gonna go for West Ham I think.

Don't be too clever about it. I did and it backfired, you did the right thing.

Went Man U thinking they'd roll past Saints and then leave City to sweep past Arsenal, but I'm gone.

Never making that mistake again.

• The title was changed to LMS League 2021-22 - Round 1 (Premier League)
  • This topic was unfeatured and unpinned

Archived