talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 5-1 Leeds - Saturday 14th August, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30 (BST)

Live on BT Sport

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png       VS      1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
25/04/2021 - Leeds 0-0 Man Utd
20/12/2020 - Man Utd 6-2 Leeds
20/09/2011 - Leeds 0-3 Man Utd

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well well, what a start eh.

Could be an ideal time for us to catch them, and with our fitness levels, you'd like to think if they do win we'll make them graft for it.

Obviously would love to beat this lot but I'm realistic, they don't have a bad side do they.

Not ideal for us missing Llorente. There's no question we are better defensively with him in the side and it's imperative Phillips starts. He's had a short turnaround from the Euro's but that was his choice and he's knuckled down and got on with it.

I was actually hoping they would have Varane in the team, I really fancied us to test him out early but that's not happened. 

Firpo could make his debut at LB but if not, Dallas will move over there and cover. Seeing as Greenwood or Sancho may be that side, I'd prefer Firpo purely for the pace but we'll see.

As long as we have Bamford up top, Rodrigo behind and Harrison and Raphinha on the wings, we should offer some threat in attack.

I think we'll probably lose it but I'd like to think its a hell of a lot closer than 6-2 last year.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well well well, what a start eh.

Could be an ideal time for us to catch them, and with our fitness levels, you'd like to think if they do win we'll make them graft for it.

Obviously would love to beat this lot but I'm realistic, they don't have a bad side do they.

Not ideal for us missing Llorente. There's no question we are better defensively with him in the side and it's imperative Phillips starts. He's had a short turnaround from the Euro's but that was his choice and he's knuckled down and got on with it.

I was actually hoping they would have Varane in the team, I really fancied us to test him out early but that's not happened. 

Firpo could make his debut at LB but if not, Dallas will move over there and cover. Seeing as Greenwood or Sancho may be that side, I'd prefer Firpo purely for the pace but we'll see.

As long as we have Bamford up top, Rodrigo behind and Harrison and Raphinha on the wings, we should offer some threat in attack.

I think we'll probably lose it but I'd like to think its a hell of a lot closer than 6-2 last year.

5-2?

Leeds' defence improved tenfold from January onwards last season, I don't think we're going to see the same Leeds this season who were conceding so badly in the first half of last season. Expect a solid side who will cause problems going forward.

Now I say that Leeds will probably get smashed 7-0 xD

Wouldn’t really say Man Utd have caused Leeds big problems, more that Leeds erratic passing deep in their own half has caused a lot of dispossessions and breaks on goal.

United been pressing Leeds well in that regard, but if Leeds can just calm their passing down they’ll be a lot more solid defensively.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Wouldn’t really say Man Utd have caused Leeds big problems, more that Leeds erratic passing deep in their own half has caused a lot of dispossessions and breaks on goal.

United been pressing Leeds well in that regard, but if Leeds can just calm their passing down they’ll be a lot more solid defensively.

Man Utd go 1-0 up after a quick counter from a misplaced pass from Meslier. Lovely little goal too.

It's a very open game. Good watch for the neutral.

The referee deserves praise for letting it flow. Realised the game carries some edge and allowed challenges to go in, played on at the right times.

Robin Koch looks exactly like a centre back playing defensive mid. He is no Kalvin Phillips and looks lost. They are finding so much space in midfield as a result. KP on at HT is needed surely.

Poor from Koch for the goal too. Stopped tracking Bruno and let him run free. Up to that point, we had defended really well.

We do look dangerous going forward, there is a goal in us but final ball/pass needs to be more quality when we are in and around their box.

On 13/08/2021 at 12:45, Danny said:

Leeds' defence improved tenfold from January onwards last season, I don't think we're going to see the same Leeds this season who were conceding so badly in the first half of last season. Expect a solid side who will cause problems going forward.

Now I say that Leeds will probably get smashed 7-0 xD

Getting there. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Has 'Glazers out' been put back in its box until they don't win anything at the end of the season again?

They’ll throw their toys out when they don’t sign someone in January.

• Administrator
On 13/08/2021 at 11:13, Lucas said:

On 13/08/2021 at 11:22, Stan said:

5-2?

Not far off xD

Let's hope that the offside calls continue like they did in this match. The Fernandes one from the ball over the top looked like it could have been borderline, even with the relaxation on tight decisions. There was no delay after that goal and personally I want to see goals given where it appears a player is just about level

• The title was changed to Man Utd 5-1 Leeds - Saturday 14th August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived