17/04/2021 - Newcastle 3-2 West Ham
12/09/2020 - West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
05/07/2020 - Newcastle 2-2 West Ham

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Stan said:

Even in Sports Direct mugs? 

I have one of those mad bastards and I don’t know how I got it. I think I ordered a Chelsea mug once and they cheeky buggers threw in a  bonus sports direct mug

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 West Ham (Wilson ‘4) - Sunday 15th August, 2021
  • The title was changed to Newcastle 1-1 West Ham (Cresswell 18’) - Sunday 15th August, 2021
  • The title was changed to Newcastle 2-1 West Ham (Stanley doesn’t like scorers names appearing here) - Sunday 15th August, 2021

Before the game I felt nothing, quite a sad state of affairs to go into a season meh. Within minutes just seeing Maxi dance around the opposition and it felt like there was still a light there. He's the reason to live for.

Anyway, some decent attacking players out there and some bad defences making for a decent game so far.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 2-1 West Ham - Sunday 15th August, 2021
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Newcastle are just incapable of being decent aren't they.

Will be 3 worse teams than them again this season though I think. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 2-4 West Ham - Sunday 15th August, 2021
19 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Newcastle are just incapable of being decent aren't they.

Steve Bruce seems incapable of setting up a side that plays with any sort of identity - and he relies on individual players having the quality to grab enough points for them to survive.

I think they've got enough about them to stay up, but it's not a foundation that success can really be built upon tbh.

I do think it's harsh to lay it all on Steve Bruce.

Newcastle seem to have a budget comparable to Burnley & Brighton. So it's not really a surprise they are in that sort of region in terms of nearest competitors.

Wilson, Willock & Saint Maximin are very good quality for a lower half side to have. And we're not talking an Everton sort of scenario where money is splashing around & getting no movement.

Yes, Newcastle have a proud swash buckling history of taking it to sides up the top. Getting there themselves a few times. But that's sadly a long time ago now.

It's both. Doesn't matter how small your transfer budget you should never concede 4 at home to West Ham. No manager should get away with that. Even if Daniel Farke. Frankly at this juncture I don't care much right now.

No Dubravka, Lascelles and Dummett. It showed defensively. We've not brought any defenders in. We've got midfielders as wing backs. We've let Lejuene go. I've said before you can't have Krafth and Clark in the same back 3, it's one or the other, preferably Clark, but both lowers the standard too far. There's only so long you can go without signing any defenders, eventually that depth isn't going to hold forever. Fernández is aging.

However, Hayden played in Willocks role and Shelvey was the sitting mid. Schar and Lascelles on the bench. Didn't have to be that way.

I expect we will go again with this formation next week but change the personnel. Change the back 3. Bring Willock in. If we still can't defend then I'm afraid we'll have to change shape and essentially we will be trying to find ourselves again.

Newcastle have a decent squad, really - and if they had a pragmatic coach lets say someone like Benetiz they could be a decent side. I think the difference for their survival is that Wilson and Saint Maxime have enough quality to steal a few points

• The topic was unpinned

Archived