The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2-4 West Ham - Sunday 15th August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

It's both. Doesn't matter how small your transfer budget you should never concede 4 at home to West Ham. No manager should get away with that. Even if Daniel Farke. Frankly at this juncture I don't care much right now.

No Dubravka, Lascelles and Dummett. It showed defensively. We've not brought any defenders in. We've got midfielders as wing backs. We've let Lejuene go. I've said before you can't have Krafth and Clark in the same back 3, it's one or the other, preferably Clark, but both lowers the standard too far. There's only so long you can go without signing any defenders, eventually that depth isn't going to hold forever. Fernández is aging.

However, Hayden played in Willocks role and Shelvey was the sitting mid. Schar and Lascelles on the bench. Didn't have to be that way.

I expect we will go again with this formation next week but change the personnel. Change the back 3. Bring Willock in. If we still can't defend then I'm afraid we'll have to change shape and essentially we will be trying to find ourselves again.

I think you’ll end up getting Carter-Vickers from us 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Aren't you trying to sell and we want to loan?

Yeah, last year of his deal. We want £5 million. Assume it will get done though eventually 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

See if we give in right before the window closes :4_joy:

I reckon Bournemouth might come back in for him now they’re getting huge money from Spain, but yeah otherwise probably compromise and sell for a couple of mill and a sell on 

Archived