• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Sunday 15th August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He lost his place under Poch though, didn’t he? I do hope he finds his way again, when he was at his best he was a truly fun player to watch.

City look pretty comfortable 13 minutes in, which I guess you’d expect.

He may have been rotated & perhaps not a first choice with Poch, to be honest I wasn't following Spurs too closely then.

But he was in the England side at Russia 2018. Mourinho took over at Spurs in 2019. And I remember it seemed quite shocking news at the time when he was first left out entirely. The transfer ideas appeared after the omission with Dele Alli.

He was playing with a sort of elegance at his best.

I would have laughed in the face of anyone who'd have suggested Alli would be frozen out at Spurs & Man City would be coughing up £100m for Grealish back then.

• Administrator

Superb break from Spurs to get that goal. Ake let's him cut inside and then Dias is static in the middle and barely tried to block it? Not sure what he was doing but it was a good strike from Son regardless. 

I really hope Haaland doesn´t end up at City. 

One of the best things in football at the present is seeing Haaland run at full speed towards the defenders. That wouldn´t happen at that static City side, he would be wasted as a poacher in a positional system of attack.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I really hope Haaland doesn´t end up at City. 

One of the best things in football at the present is seeing Haaland run at full speed towards the defenders. That wouldn´t happen at that static City side, he would be wasted as a poacher in a positional system of attack.

Simply not true.  I don’t think they’ll sign him anyway but I’m sure Pep would fit him into the team and play to his strengths. Turn him into a poacher ffs xD. City score plenty of goals that involve their players running at defenders. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Sunday 15th August, 2021
On 11/08/2021 at 19:44, Lucas said:

Going to sound a bit of a loon here but I can see Spurs nicking this.

And so it proved. 

City started well but faded and allowed Spurs to grow into it. On another day, they go 2-0 up early and kill the game but not today.

Think Spurs grew in confidence as the 1st half went on and stayed in the game from there on. You could visibly see they were getting a lift from the crowd.

Bit of a naff goal to give away from City's point of view really but that's the danger when you let teams get a foot in the game.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

And so it proved. 

City started well but faded and allowed Spurs to grow into it. On another day, they go 2-0 up early and kill the game but not today.

Think Spurs grew in confidence as the 1st half went on and stayed in the game from there on. You could visibly see they were getting a lift from the crowd.

Bit of a naff goal to give away from City's point of view really but that's the danger when you let teams get a foot in the game.

‘Stayed in the game’ 

We were absolutely exceptional today. Every single one of them did their job perfectly.

Special shout out to Tanganga who pocketed Sterling and Grealish, he’s such a talent and to Skipp. Left a boy and come back a man. Will play for England no doubt 

That was just a different Tottenham. They were fitter and better drilled. We had intensity. We wanted to go forward and put pressure on them. The atmosphere was electric at times and the whole club felt together with a real desire to beat a club that have spent all summer trying to destabilise us. 

Absolutely buzzing after that start. Just what the club needed. 

Are you watching Harry Kane

• Administrator

when can Martin Tyler retire?

At the end of the game he said 'and there'll be no talk of Harry Kane after this'.

Is he smoking crack? It's all we'll fucking hear about between now and end of August. By his employers especially no less.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived