talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vaccine Debate

football forum

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alt right website trying to create a conspiracy out of something that was always said would happen to put people off getting the jab.

Certainly if you are British it was made clear at the start that the government decision to vaccinate was based on statistical risk of the vaccine compared to catching covid unvaccinated. 

On 28/11/2021 at 05:54, Waylander said:

This is very sad, it shows a number of Israelis that have had the vaccines and experienced life changing effects, make of it what you will

https://rairfoundation.com/we-are-lab-rats-israeli-vaccine-victims-want-their-lives-back-film/

Tbh the RAIR Foundation isn't really a great source on anything

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Machado said:

Didn't ever meet an anti-vaxer in person but a few people I know are now refusing to take a 3rd jab. Too much vacinne in their bodies or something. Sigh.

I know a few personally and I am always curious about why they make their decision to not get vaccinated. I don't really want to change their minds but it all seems to be born from media consumption that reinforces their belief that vaccines are bad long-term. I just shrug my shoulders and wish them luck.

My state has been relatively Covid free for a long time due to strict health and border measures. This was announced today (no shock because it was talked about a couple of months back), however…a lot of backlash. Same as when it was announced that almost every work sector would require their employees to be double vaccinated by end of January. (Recent news now says a third will be needed when you become eligible). We have around a 96% first vaccination rate and high 80s for second dose. Incredible numbers but thoughts on these measures…? 

435246B2-41DB-4CC2-AA77-6FBE1B29A87C.jpeg

One of my co-workers just told me they believe COVID is a parasite & the US government is responsible for getting all governments of the world to cover up as much info on ivermectin's ability to beat COVID in order to prop up big pharmaceutical companies in the US.

This is one of the stupidest theories I've ever heard regarding covid.

1. How the fuck is the US going to get all of the governments around the world to agree to cover for that sort of bullshit? You think Venezuela, Iran and North Korea wouldn't leap at the opportunity to embarrass the hell out of the US by coming forward and saying "the US is trying to keep you from knowing this is a parasite!"
  2. Who the fuck do they think makes Ivermectin if it's not pharmaceutical companies?!

I don't understand how anyone could believe this.

Are people so afraid of needles that they're willing to just not use their brains to even think for a couple of seconds that they'll just believe any stupid theory?

I've read from the independent news sites in the US that invermectin has worked for many and even in one state the judges got involved to authorise invermectin as other medical therapies were not working.

I don't think it is a parasite though do think it is a biolab weapon though doubt anyone expected this to go global.

Remember Asia had a Corona virus in the early part of the millennium though it did not reach the West. 

My hairdresser has got heart palpitations and gone to ER twice after the 2nd vaccine and won't have any more.

My nephew had had the vaccine and been admitted it hospital with throat problems.

This is an experimental vaccine and won't suit everyone in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

One of my co-workers just told me they believe COVID is a parasite & the US government is responsible for getting all governments of the world to cover up as much info on ivermectin's ability to beat COVID in order to prop up big pharmaceutical companies in the US.

This is one of the stupidest theories I've ever heard regarding covid.

1. How the fuck is the US going to get all of the governments around the world to agree to cover for that sort of bullshit? You think Venezuela, Iran and North Korea wouldn't leap at the opportunity to embarrass the hell out of the US by coming forward and saying "the US is trying to keep you from knowing this is a parasite!"
  2. Who the fuck do they think makes Ivermectin if it's not pharmaceutical companies?!

I don't understand how anyone could believe this.

Are people so afraid of needles that they're willing to just not use their brains to even think for a couple of seconds that they'll just believe any stupid theory?

Here is my model of conspiracy theorys. It's how I sort the 'interesting' from the 'no fucking way'.

1. There has to be a clear benefactor
2. It has to be able to be kept a secret. The longer it's been underground, or the more parties involved, the less likely it is to be real
3. It can't be too multinational. No way powerful nations are gonna let other nations know things that could destroy them. 

Some good examples. 
Covid might be man made, it might be not (only China truly know) but it's definitely not 'fake'. Because someone credible would say so. 

The first moon landing was real. Proof? Russia said it was. It's in their best interest for it not to be real, but they tracked the ship by satellite the whole way. 

911 could definitely be an inside job. CIA keeps secrets very well, and there's a clear benefactor. 

No way the earth is flat. Obviously. 

John Krasinski could definitely be a CIA pant. 

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

I've read from the independent news sites in the US that invermectin has worked for many and even in one state the judges got involved to authorise invermectin as other medical therapies were not working.

I don't think it is a parasite though do think it is a biolab weapon though doubt anyone expected this to go global.

Remember Asia had a Corona virus in the early part of the millennium though it did not reach the West. 

My hairdresser has got heart palpitations and gone to ER twice after the 2nd vaccine and won't have any more.

My nephew had had the vaccine and been admitted it hospital with throat problems.

This is an experimental vaccine and won't suit everyone in my opinion.

Apologies for the long post, but I think covers all the important stuff you addressed.

I've only heard of ivermectin working in conjunction with the monoclonal antibody treatment, not by itself. The manufacturer of the drug has even said there's no evidence that ivermectin by itself is effective in any way at treating COVID (and if there was even a shred of evidence it did work - I think they'd be more than happy to publicise it).

That leads me to believe the people that receive ivermectin AND the monoclonal antibody treatment would probably see the exact same results with just the monoclonal antibody cocktail... as that's the one that's actually doing something to combat the virus.

With the heart issues from the vaccine, there's no denying some people have a reaction to it. However, looking at the numbers listed on the US's CDC website, there've been 2,103 preliminary reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 years and younger who received COVID-19 vaccines & 1,213 reports of myocarditis in young adults over 30. That's 3,316 cases of heart issues. Whereas 64% of the population of the US has been fully vaccinated (which doesn't include any boosters) - so that's 210,459,963 people. That's a negative side effect for only 1.58% of the vaccinated population of the US. And the overwhelming majority of these patients who faced these issues recovered fully in a few days with rest - some taking medication.

Same with anaphylaxis (the only side effect from the vaccine I can see that would cause throat problems) - it's actually an even smaller percentage of people who've been vaccinated that face this issue. 5 people per 1,000,000. That's a tiny fraction of a percentage affected in that way.

All vaccines have side effects, these ones are treatable and effect only a small percentage of the population. Side effects should be taken seriously, regardless of how many/few people are impacted by those side effects - because we vaccinate people to keep them safer, so avoiding and managing side effects is very important. But fear of side effects by itself should not be the primary reason to avoid the vaccination - most people in the world aren't going to experience anything like those side effects post-vaccination.

And even for those hesitant to get the vaccine... there are alternative treatments available that aren't ivermectin that work. Monoclonal antibody treatment, for example, is an option that is proven to effectively battle the disease. Those new Pfizer pills to treat COVID positive patients also exist. But these are reactive treatments, not preventative. The vaccine is preventative and minimises the most serious risks of COVID. So while vaccinated people can still catch it, they're far less likely to wind up in hospital or dead.

Taking ivermectin to treat a virus is like taking a laxative to treat acid reflux. It's not going to be an effective remedy. It's a remedy for an entirely different issue.

But I'd highly advocate that any vaccine skeptics look into the reactive treatments available that actually address the fact that the disease is a virus. I assume one reason vaccine skeptics are skeptical is they don't want to put drugs in their body they don't need to take. Ivermectin would be one of those drugs and there's the pill treatment & antibody cocktails that actually do work to combat the virus like it is a virus (which is important as a remedy, because the disease is a virus).

It's possible that the virus is a biolab weapon - but I doubt it. I don't think there's anything nefarious about Wuhan having a the Wuhan Institute of Virology that studies coronaviruses - COVID isn't the first coronavirus - and Wuhan's a good place for such a facility studying coronaviruses because of the high population of bats there, it being a scientific hub in China generally, and their original research with SARS was studying how coronaviruses (like SARS) pass from bats to humans. And given that scientists knew SARS passed from bats to humans (like what is assumed with COVID), it seems a reasonable thing for researchers there to look into.

Having said that, it's definitely possible that COVID escaped from the laboratory (where it was a manmade coronavirus) and into Wuhan where it would then spread to the whole world. There's just not a lot of evidence that really suggests that this definitely happened - and given that it's China, chances are we won't ever get confirmation that was the case because an admission from them that they caused this global pandemic would be seen as their nation "losing face" ... we'd have to find out from a whistleblower working at the lab. And they'd probably face detention, maybe even death, if they ever did come forward.

I doubt it was a bioweapon... and if it was... then it probably wasn't China that first deployed the weapon in an important technological and scientific hub because... why would a country deploy a bioweapon on itself? Especially one as contagious as COVID. Every economy in the world was hit hard by COVID, including China - in fact China was experiencing steady economic growth before experiencing a steep decline.

I also think it would be incredibly shortsighted for any nation to deploy a bioweapon without having some real understanding of what deploying the weapon would do. Because this pandemic has literally affected every country on the planet negatively. But it's very contagious and not very lethal compared to other recent coronavirus outbreaks we've had in recent years (SARS and MERS).

And lastly... the vaccine's not experimental: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-vaccines-idUSL1N2M70MW - yes there was a rush to get a vaccine out (because waiting around for herd immunity would likely mean lockdowns and restrictions stay for much longer, which would have a devastating economic impact and likely an awful impact on mental health)... but that doesn't mean it was experimental and it also discounts the work researchers at Oxford (and probably other places) had previously done for vaccines on SARS and MERS (that were abandoned because those viruses seriousness was fleeting in comparison to COVID) that made quick vaccine access possible.

Well invermectin is claimed to clear horse parasites. Now maybe it does that, yet that will be at a certain strength and much higher I expect than anything a person takes for the virus.

You mention the monoclonal antibody treatment and perhaps that why they work, though have not heard about that.

I had a lot of health problems, I give an example I used to get very bad mouth ulcers.

Bonjela or mouth washes did not work, my dental hygienist though I had mouth cancer. A steroid cream worked once yet did not like using that. Bought a nutritional book used the grid and worked out beta-carotene might work.

I doubled my intake of carrots and it worked. 

My daughter got cold sores, told her about beta-carotene and carrots and she does not get them any longer. 

There are now websites set up to discredit that nutritionist, for me it is all about money and political lobbying. 

Another chap I used to know from a social club got a prostrate issue went to the doctor and the pills he was given gave him terrible side effects, So he researched and stated taking Saw Palmetto herb with no side effects and no more prostate pain. He now questions the medical system too. 

I could go on and on with examples like this yet it would get boring.

19 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Well invermectin is claimed to clear horse parasites. Now maybe it does that, yet that will be at a certain strength and much higher I expect than anything a person takes for the virus.

You mention the monoclonal antibody treatment and perhaps that why they work, though have not heard about that.

I had a lot of health problems, I give an example I used to get very bad mouth ulcers.

Bonjela or mouth washes did not work, my dental hygienist though I had mouth cancer. A steroid cream worked once yet did not like using that. Bought a nutritional book used the grid and worked out beta-carotene might work.

I doubled my intake of carrots and it worked. 

My daughter got cold sores, told her about beta-carotene and carrots and she does not get them any longer. 

There are now websites set up to discredit that nutritionist, for me it is all about money and political lobbying. 

Another chap I used to know from a social club got a prostrate issue went to the doctor and the pills he was given gave him terrible side effects, So he researched and stated taking Saw Palmetto herb with no side effects and no more prostate pain. He now questions the medical system too. 

I could go on and on with examples like this yet it would get boring.

There's ivermectin for humans too - people should definitely not be taking the horse dewormer version of the drug. If you (or anyone else you know) is going to take ivermectin please take the one for humans. It's commonly used for malaria treatment (and is effective because it's a mosquito borne parasitic disease; so taking an anti-parasitic drug for it is effective).

A healthy amount of skepticism regarding medical treatments is fine but I don't understand trusting drug makers for one drug and not another... particularly when you'd be taking a drug for a disease it's not meant to be effective against. And like I said before, if Ivermectin could be proven in any way to have an impact on covid... the manufacturer would be pushing that information as much as they could to try to get more drug sales. Instead, they've made public statements that you shouldn't take Ivermectin for COVID because it's not an anti-viral treatment.

And like I said, anything I've seen that indicates people taking ivermectin for COVID and seeing positive results has been people taking ivermectin while also taking the monoclonal antibody cocktail (which is, I believe, an IV drip that loads you full of COVID antibodies) - so they're taking an anti-parasite medication and an anti-viral medication (that's designed to target a specific virus, COVID)... it's not surprising these cases see success imo. They're loading people with antibodies of the virus, they'd see the same success without the ivermectin.

I absolutely believe nutritional changes can make positive impacts on peoples health - and I'm glad to hear that you, your daughter, and that chap you knew all had positive health improvements after making the changes you listed. And I definitely think people can and should look at their nutritional intake and eat things that will boost their immune systems & certain plant nutrients can have a positive impact on people suffering from viruses.

And a lot of people in the medical field think there are alterations to your diet you can make to boost your immune system against COVID as well: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7306972/

So it's not that the medical field is against nutritionists generally either.

@Dr. Gonzo

An interesting site and from Pakistan with a lot of good information.

I think it would be wrong for anyone to claim this is a Wuhan virus if anything China is probably behind the West when it comes to Biolab weapons.

Assuming of course it is a biolab weapon rather than a naturally evolved virus. 

On 26/01/2022 at 14:19, Waylander said:

@Dr. Gonzo

An interesting site and from Pakistan with a lot of good information.

I think it would be wrong for anyone to claim this is a Wuhan virus if anything China is probably behind the West when it comes to Biolab weapons.

Assuming of course it is a biolab weapon rather than a naturally evolved virus. 

Very unlikely. Covid is much too little lethal to be a biolab weapon, to be frank.

In all seriousness, I have gotten 3 shots now but I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't want to get it.  I don't like the government mandating vaccinations, regardless of the science.  I do think that society can make it awfully difficult for those that don't have it, but those are decisions to be made by businesses, not by governments. 

I believe in vaccines and I think vaccines protect the individual, but at the end of the day a vaccinated individual can still carry and transmit a virus.  At the end of the day it's a personal choice whether you want an extra boost to protect yourself or take your chances.

Archived