talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd Agree £75m Fee For Lukaku

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On June 13, 2017 at 4:19 PM, RandoEFC said:

Chelsea will probably say it's £60m with clauses while Everton will say it's a fee that could rise to £75m or whatever.

What do you do with that money now? Who is the replacement? Tell you what, we'll sell you Berahino on cheap only 15 mil :ph34r:.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

What do you do with that money now? Who is the replacement? Tell you what, we'll sell you Berahino on cheap only 15 mil :ph34r:.

There won't be one replacement. A bunch of that money will go towards signings like Keane, Sigurdsson, Sandro or whoever else we get in. We should still have plenty left over after that and I'd expect us to go big on one striker and probably bring in another for less money.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There won't be one replacement. A bunch of that money will go towards signings like Keane, Sigurdsson, Sandro or whoever else we get in. We should still have plenty left over after that and I'd expect us to go big on one striker and probably bring in another for less money.

Yeah no I got that just like Tottenham with Bale's sale, but there needs to be a replacement starting striker for him?

1 minute ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Yeah no I got that just like Tottenham with Bale's sale, but there needs to be a replacement starting striker for him?

Niasse is coming back from Hull now. 

For his age, his proven goal scoring record and that he actually is constant during the season 60-70 is fair in a wild transfer world. I would very much welcome his return, i just don't want him for the rumored 100 mill no way. We will get serious money for Costa and we will just make a switch if this happens.

Latest report is that we are waiting until the new nike sponsorship before we announce transfers, as our first initial transfer will be announced July 1st. 

Imagine i'd be Lukaku wearing our new kit, but watch it be Caballero xD

I can't see anyone paying £100m for Lukaku.  If Everton are serious about that fee, they are in effect pricing him out of the market.  Which maybe their intention, because I suppose they don't really want to sell him. But Everton has spent a bundle on Pickford and Klassen so maybe they are spending the Lukaku money already.    

So how high will Chelsea go £75 m? 

11 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I can't see anyone paying £100m for Lukaku.  If Everton are serious about that fee, they are in effect pricing him out of the market.  Which maybe their intention, because I suppose they don't really want to sell him. But Everton has spent a bundle on Pickford and Klassen so maybe they are spending the Lukaku money already.    

So how high will Chelsea go £75 m? 

Strange noises coming out of Chelsea via a number of newspaper media outlets. If you believe them, there are a number of board members who want Costa to stay and are truly pissed at Conte for his so called text leaving the club with nowhere to go.

Again, if you believe the stories, Conte told the club, like Jose before him, he did not want Costa at the club. I am told the club responded by saying he needed to fix whatever problem he had with Costa, but the club would bring in strong competition for the forward position for next season.

Then came that Text.

This obviously is expected to be Lukaku. Price? Marina has told Everton we will not be paying what they are asking and as we understand it the clubs are negotiating.

My guess 50-60, depending on someone like Remy being a make weight.

Weird note, its alleged Lukaku, who has already publicly stated he will train all through the summer to be ready for his new club, requested being allowed to train at Cobham after being released by Belgium summer squad. :ay:

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Strange noises coming out of Chelsea via a number of newspaper media outlets. If you believe them, there are a number of board members who want Costa to stay and are truly pissed at Conte for his so called text leaving the club with nowhere to go.

Again, if you believe the stories, Conte told the club, like Jose before him, he did not want Costa at the club. I am told the club responded by saying he needed to fix whatever problem he had with Costa, but the club would bring in strong competition for the forward position for next season.

Then came that Text.

This obviously is expected to be Lukaku. Price? Marina has told Everton we will not be paying what they are asking and as we understand it the clubs are negotiating.

My guess 50-60, depending on someone like Remy being a make weight.

Weird note, its alleged Lukaku, who has already publicly stated he will train all through the summer to be ready for his new club, requested being allowed to train at Cobham after being released by Belgium summer squad. :ay:

Remy as a make weight was the story last August.  The deal was alleged to be worth  £70m.  I am not sure if the deal was actual made or just talked about. Since than Remy was loaned to Palace and suffered a bad injury.  He played about  100 minutes this season.  What kind of shape is he in now and would Everton want him? 

59 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Remy as a make weight was the story last August.  The deal was alleged to be worth  £70m.  I am not sure if the deal was actual made or just talked about. Since than Remy was loaned to Palace and suffered a bad injury.  He played about  100 minutes this season.  What kind of shape is he in now and would Everton want him? 

Look I am not saying for sure the Lukaku deal depends on Remy being part of it, but he would be a nice sweetener. Although a Everton fan has been quick to hide his barge pole, Remy, when fit is at least the standard of the normal Everton forward. We also know Koeman is a fan of Remy as he tried i seem to remember, unsuccessfully to bring him to Southampton.

As I understand it, Remy is fit and looking for a club where he will get first team football as he needs to make an impression so he has a chance of re-gaining his place in the French squad for the World Cup. I would imagine Everton would be better than Palace, but it would make sense to get back in France if you are trying to make people stand and take note. He is a good forward who, even Jose had to admit should have got more chances at Chelsea.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Look I am not saying for sure the Lukaku deal depends on Remy being part of it, but he would be a nice sweetener. Although a Everton fan has been quick to hide his barge pole, Remy, when fit is at least the standard of the normal Everton forward. We also know Koeman is a fan of Remy as he tried i seem to remember, unsuccessfully to bring him to Southampton.

As I understand it, Remy is fit and looking for a club where he will get first team football as he needs to make an impression so he has a chance of re-gaining his place in the French squad for the World Cup. I would imagine Everton would be better than Palace, but it would make sense to get back in France if you are trying to make people stand and take note. He is a good forward who, even Jose had to admit should have got more chances at Chelsea.

Yes and *when* Sturridge is fit for a full season he'd probably be one of the top three scorers in the league but most of the time he's an absolute waste of wages sat in the physio room.

Remy moved to England in 2013 after doing well in France. Since then his only convincingly good spell was on loan at Newcastle. At Palace, was he injured too much to make appearances or just not good enough to get in the side?

He's had four years to prove himself in England and he hasn't done it. If it's down to ability, he's shite. If it's down to injuries, he's too injury prone.

Given that he would surely demand pretty high wages too having been at QPR and Chelsea I'd give this one a pretty massive swerve.

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes and *when* Sturridge is fit for a full season he'd probably be one of the top three scorers in the league but most of the time he's an absolute waste of wages sat in the physio room.

Remy moved to England in 2013 after doing well in France. Since then his only convincingly good spell was on loan at Newcastle. At Palace, was he injured too much to make appearances or just not good enough to get in the side?

He's had four years to prove himself in England and he hasn't done it. If it's down to ability, he's shite. If it's down to injuries, he's too injury prone.

Given that he would surely demand pretty high wages too having been at QPR and Chelsea I'd give this one a pretty massive swerve.

I am happy you agree, that when fit, he is at least the standard of the normal Everton forward.

Of course we have missed out something rather important, Remy might not want to drop down to Everton's level with such an important season ahead for him.

We will see :ay:

• The title was changed to Man Utd Agree £75m Fee For Lukaku

Archived