Freiburg vs Borussia Dortmund
Hertha Berlin vs Wolfsburg
Bochum vs Mainz
Greuther Fürth vs Arminia Bielefeld
Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

Sunday, August 15
Hoffenheim vs Union Berlin
Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

1261958618_ScreenShot2021-08-15at1_40_30PM.thumb.png.daef8689efb9343aa8034e28b3edc689.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't imagine a worse start for us, and the scoreline would have been all that surprising if we had played Bayern, RB, or Dortmund....but f'in Hoffenheim. 

Now it's time to see if we can turn it around against a better team in Frankfurt. I'm not feeling too good about it but we shall see what happens. 

A couple of interesting games coming up, especially Freiburg and Dortmund squaring off. 

On 15/08/2021 at 13:44, Eco said:

Couldn't imagine a worse start for us, and the scoreline would have been all that surprising if we had played Bayern, RB, or Dortmund....but f'in Hoffenheim. 

Now it's time to see if we can turn it around against a better team in Frankfurt. I'm not feeling too good about it but we shall see what happens. 

A couple of interesting games coming up, especially Freiburg and Dortmund squaring off. 

I read a couple articles that predicted Hoffenheim would make Europa League this year.  I do think they underachieved last year with that squad but EL might be a stretch.  

Augsburg just need some time to gel.  I don't really believe they'll go down (though I enjoyed messing with you!).  I think they're likely mid-table with the quality that they've added.  Just remember, Hoffenheim thumped Bayern 4-1 last year and then finished in the bottom half of the table.

Bochum v. Mainz and Fürth v. Bielefeld should be good matches.  I like to see how the promoted teams get on when they're not up against elite talent.  I would say Fürth are in for a long season given how badly they were against Stuttgart.  They were awful against crosses into the box from the right flank. 

7 minutes ago, Coma said:

I read a couple articles that predicted Hoffenheim would make Europa League this year.  I do think they underachieved last year with that squad but EL might be a stretch.  

Augsburg just need some time to gel.  I don't really believe they'll go down (though I enjoyed messing with you!).  I think they're likely mid-table with the quality that they've added.  Just remember, Hoffenheim thumped Bayern 4-1 last year and then finished in the bottom half of the table.

I didn't expect us to beat Hoffenheim, but this start to the season is very difficult so I just hope we have some patience and show some improvements from week to week. 

That's big. 

0-0 at Frankfurt. 

The backline were brilliant today, and only after the 3 changes were made did we look like we had any chance going forward. 

Wasn't pretty, but it was effective, especially at this park which is where we've been crushed so often recently. 

Freiburg. 👏

Bochum. :o Crazy. Last week Mainz wins against RB and now they lose against Bochum. 

Gonna watch Leverkusen vs. Gladbach now! Should be a good one. Hard to predict. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Freiburg. 👏

Bochum. :o Crazy. Last week Mainz wins against RB and now they lose against Bochum. 

Gonna watch Leverkusen vs. Gladbach now! Should be a good one. Hard to predict. 

And Hertha will be the only team without a point after the 2nd matchday. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

And Hertha will be the only team without a point after the 2nd matchday. 

Dardai will be gone again soon, I think. Then they'll bring in some "big name" again. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived