talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Happy With Your Clubs Owner?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Can't fault them at all. They've increased our stock and stature in the right way, invested in the manager, coaches, players etc and taken us to levels that were unimaginable to reach merely a decade ago shortly after they begun their tenure here.

If Carlsberg made owners, even they wouldn't have made them as good as ours. 

They have done some good things. Hiring Klopp, Anfield redevelopment, commercially we are in a good position.

On the other hand, they have done some truly terrible things. The Super League, trying to furlough staff, trying to hike ticket prices up. 

My answer is that it could be a lot worse, but after the whole Super League stuff I really can’t stand John Henry & Co. 

One of the richest families in South East Asia that spend money wisely, and could bust out big dineros if necessary but they don’t because Premier League money is ridiculous enough.

PS They didn’t get this rich by making bad financial decisions.

58 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Roman's alright. 

I wonder how much personal investment he puts into Chelsea these days. Can’t be much anymore, billionaires don’t become billionaires by spending all their money. I am positive all the initial billions of spending was to create a club that sustains itself, and it makes a lot of money on sponsors, sales, TV money, etc.

Hate them, they've spent money when it's suited them and not during periods when the side needed to spend to stay ahead of the field.

People will always point to the money spent over the last 8 years trying to regain control but forget we went through a period of replacing the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez with Valencia, Owen and Ashley Young.

Because of the debt owed this will never change. I'd love to know how we could have been if all available funds weren't clearing a debt.

Also they aren't interested in the development of Old Trafford, no way should we now view our stadium as sub standard. Is redevelopment or a new stadium and irs needed in the next ten years.

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder how much personal investment he puts into Chelsea these days. Can’t be much anymore, billionaires don’t become billionaires by spending all their money. I am positive all the initial billions of spending was to create a club that sustains itself, and it makes a lot of money on sponsors, sales, TV money, etc.

We desperately need the new stadium. 

Yes. Reasonably so.

Still feel unsure on the owners separately owning the stadium thing.

But the club were able to spend all it's TV money the 1st 2 seasons back, on player transfer fees.

Bit disappointed that we're 2 weeks from only spending the Grealish incoming money this time. Gossip stories & Dean Smith himself suggest 1 big signing was incoming regardless, so still time.

But after watching a slow & steady decline over many years. Leading to previously utterly unthinkable relegation. It feels the most optimistic it has done for a very long time.

Yes, they've lost another star player from this batch to one of the Top 4, who probably will not use him properly. But the club has pull over many other sides. It teaches you not to be too proud or too expectant. And if Villa ever do buy a Premier League title, I can't help but feel they'd be celebrated more than a few others who have done. Tom Hanks. Prince William. Ian Wright's MOTD analysis last season. There's just something about the club that attracts people even when they've never been a dominant serial winner.

Steve Parish and those from the CPFC2010 consortium that stopped us going extinct should absolutely 100% have the backing of everybody. 

The American Owners have a lot of animosity thrown at them for appearing uninterested but the reality is they were sold a club that were in the top six at the time, they put 100 million in to club, and the best return they've seen is 11th. Given they're not football people you don't blame them for wanting out.

The jury is out on The Hologram Man as he's only been here for a week.

• Subscriber

Ecstatic really. They have made mistakes there's no doubting it but the big difference with Vichai, and Top following him, is that they seem to always learn from them.

It's not even necessarily the league title for me. I don't think anybody had any kind of plan for how things fell into place in that particular season. It's how they've been since it if anything - we are simply a lot bigger a club than we were 10 years ago now and that's due to a succession of very good decisions with managers and transfers, and now genuine world class infrastructure following.

We've struck gold with ours. I could've never, ever imagined we'd be like this as a club.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

They have done some good things. Hiring Klopp, Anfield redevelopment, commercially we are in a good position.

On the other hand, they have done some truly terrible things. The Super League, trying to furlough staff, trying to hike ticket prices up. 

My answer is that it could be a lot worse, but after the whole Super League stuff I really can’t stand John Henry & Co. 

Basically this. Don't like them but any realistic alternative would probably be worse

Just in case you lot didn't read this in the other topic... we claimed £1.15m in furlough money from the government and at the same time gave our Managing Director a £400k pay rise.

But then I suppose its the same people who Jonas Gutierrez won an employment tribunal against after they deliberately dropped him from the team as to not trigger a contract extension because he had cancer.

We are ran by the scummiest people on this island outside of jail and probably scummier than many in jail.

We have the best owner possible, everything he has done has been done with a vision to make us self sustaining and forward thinking whilst keeping the fans at the heart of it.

Surprised Chelsea fans are only at 75%, the man has no connection to the club whatsoever, plucked them out of thin air and threw multiple winning lottery tickets at them.

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

Roman's alright. 

He literally turned you into a  big club.  You wouldn't have won all the titles and champions leagues without him 

The super league debacle should have all the "big 6" xD in the bottom 10. 

that aside I can see where the love for Roman comes from. Once he stopped sacking managers for coming second and took his hands off the club the whole operation is running reasonably smoothly. 

Arsenal (tight and incompetent) 
Newcastle (biggest cunts and arseholes this side of gotzes marathon)
Southampton (competent but no ambition, and fast running out of rope)
And the super league cunts should be down low. 
Not sure why Wolves are complaining, and West ham are just being west ham.xD

I'm going with Levy here as while he is not the owner, he is the power behind Spurs. Joe Lewis doesn't even deserve my time.

He's done a lot of bad. Our flirtation with the ESL, letting the team stagnate, no trophy in 13 years his obsession with Mourinho, the shambolic way we conducted getting to the right decision (Nuno), penny pinching on a few million when it comes to improving to the squad so we missed out on Grealish, Fernandes, Diaz and others. 

He is, however, exactly the owner you want when it comes to dealing with situations like the Kane one where he has played a blinder, he's got Paritici in, given us one of the best stadiums in the world, managed the business side of the club well.

He is, shall we say, a double edged sword.

• Subscriber

I have noticed Wolves fans getting increasingly frustrated at their ownership. The whole thing has always been a bit murky though. They became a Mendes play thing, which allowed them to get a far greater side than their position should've done, but it looks more and more like there's a glass ceiling above them now. I feared Wolves a bit when they first came up but I don't at all now.

No complaints with Radrizzani at Leeds.  Brought in Bielsa first and foremost.  He's built the club back up after the previous several owners sold everything that wasn't bolted down.  He's got a lot of credit with the fans and as long as Leeds aren't relegated this season he'll be fine.  There's been talk of expanding Elland Road starting next summer to 60k.

Archived