talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cristiano Ronaldo Completes Move to Man Utd

• Subscriber

Please refer to my earlier posts about "Harlem Globetrotter football".

Utterly unexcited about where "CR7" decides is the best place to further his brand for the final few years of his career and even more unexcited about who Man City decide to pay 500k a week to hammer in hat tricks against Norwich.

It baffles me how any neutral can find this aspect of football remotely interesting anymore. The Super League might as well just happen the way about half a dozen clubs have just been going on with their business this summer regardless.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Please refer to my earlier posts about "Harlem Globetrotter football".

Utterly unexcited about where "CR7" decides is the best place to further his brand for the final few years of his career and even more unexcited about who Man City decide to pay 500k a week to hammer in hat tricks against Norwich.

It baffles me how any neutral can find this aspect of football remotely interesting anymore. The Super League might as well just happen the way about half a dozen clubs have just been going on with their business this summer regardless.

Football is fucked mate. 

• Subscriber
On 25/08/2021 at 12:15, Happy Blue said:

People are often shocked when they find out how little we pay in wages to be fair, no way would we give Ronaldo £980k a week :4_joy:

Manchester City F.C. 2020-21 Payroll

Player Gross Weekly Wages
Kevin De Bruyne £350,000
Raheem Sterling £300,000
Sergio Aguero £230,135
Fernandinho Luis Roza £150,000
Bernardo Silva £150,000
Ilkay Gundogan £140,000
Rodrigo Hernández Cascante £121,154
Aymeric Laporte £120,000
Riyad Mahrez £120,000
Kyle Walker £110,000
John Stones £100,000
Nathan Aké £100,000
Gabriel Jesus £90,000
Benjamin Mendy £90,000
Joao Cancelo £80,000
Ederson Moraes £65,000
Ferran Torres £45,000
Philippe Sandler £40,000
Phil Foden £30,000
Oleksandr Zinchenko £20,000

If you're willing to give Ake £100k a week I think you could probably give Ronaldo seven figures.

Some of those are rubbish, surely.

Why do Brits always say ‘wages’ when talking about football? I thought it was a salary because it is a fixed payment paid at fixed intervals and not hourly work that is paid out equivalent to time worked?

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why do Brits always say ‘wages’ when talking about football? I thought it was a salary because it is a fixed payment paid at fixed intervals and not hourly work that is paid out equivalent to time worked?

Over here we call weekly pay our wages, salary is the amount of money we earn in a year

37 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Over here we call weekly pay our wages, salary is the amount of money we earn in a year

Fair, I've always understood it as two distinctly different methods of compensation.

44 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Is Peter Schmeichal banned from Old Trafford then? Or is this mythical you can't play for Man Utd and Man City a new addition now Man City are the better club?

United fans do hold a grudge with Schmeichel, he showed too much joy in beating us at Maine Road.

He will always be respected for what he achieved with the club but he defo has a dark cloud over his head.

Then you look at Law, he refused to celebrate his goal against us, simply walked off devastated.

Ronaldo knows he'd be looking to make history at City, to me that makes what he's doing 100x worse.

25 minutes ago, Devil said:

United fans do hold a grudge with Schmeichel, he showed too much joy in beating us at Maine Road.

He will always be respected for what he achieved with the club but he defo has a dark cloud over his head.

Then you look at Law, he refused to celebrate his goal against us, simply walked off devastated.

Ronaldo knows he'd be looking to make history at City, to me that makes what he's doing 100x worse.

Schmeichel did a cartwheel in front of you all :4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:

Fabrizio Romano

Cristiano Ronaldo has left Juventus training center after 40 minutes to say goodbye to his teammates. He only wants to leave the club in the next hours. #Ronaldo NO training today. Ronaldo is waiting for Mendes to bring the official bid as it’s still verbal with Man City.

• Administrator

The whole Ronaldo 'tainting' his legacy if he goes to City is really childish. If this was the other way round, I wonder whether this 'moral high-ground' would be being taken? I doubt it! Such a nonsense that screams of "No! It's not fair!". If United really wanted Ronaldo, they'd go get him. 

17 minutes ago, Batard said:

The whole Ronaldo 'tainting' his legacy if he goes to City is really childish. If this was the other way round, I wonder whether this 'moral high-ground' would be being taken? I doubt it! Such a nonsense that screams of "No! It's not fair!". If United really wanted Ronaldo, they'd go get him. 

Like i said earlier, he only had 3 decent seasons at United and left 12 years ago, he's a Real Madrid legend that used united as a stepping stone 

• Administrator

So the breaking news is that United contacted Mendes last night about Ronaldo. Be interesting to see whether he wants to go back to United as I would imagine that would have some weight ahead of City. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Word on the street is he's United bound.

I just hope this isn't being done just to stop City getting hold of him. Sanchez backfired badly, don't want it happening again....

Which ever way he goes watching the melt down on redcafe has been entertaining :4_joy:  ..he's agreed terms with us though so stand by your beds :ph34r: ..for some reason we don't want to pay the 30million :what: crazy if true

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Which ever way he goes watching the melt down on redcafe has been entertaining :4_joy:  ..he's agreed terms with us though so stand by your beds :ph34r: ..for some reason we don't want to pay the 30million :what: crazy if true

According to reports I have been reading Juventus have said they are yet to receive an offer from City... 

• The title was changed to Cristiano Ronaldo Completes Move to Man Utd

Archived