talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

58 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ah okay there's your agenda found it, moving on.

Agenda? As if, Bayern have a reputation just like Barcelona’s when it comes to tapping up, which is why this whole thing is kinda funny 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Come on mate. Bayern from minute one let it be known world wide via their correspondents and media outlets that De Ligt only prefers a move to Bayern, true or untrue, just so that they could get the De Ligt at a lower cost. 

No different to what Barca did with Lewa, Raphinha, and Kounde. 

They do it all the time as well. Oliver Kahn has already stated they are talking to de Ligt without even having a bid accepted. This was highly illegal twenty years ago.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

They do it all the time as well. Oliver Kahn has already stated they are talking to de Ligt without even having a bid accepted. This was highly illegal twenty years ago.

Think Romano or DiMarzio said Bayern approached Juve on De Ligt several weeks before we approached Juve. Once both clubs knew the possibility of signing him was given the green light, they started negotiating with the player.

One big advantage is that Bayern already have a great relationship with Raiola’s agency so this whole ‘De Ligt only wants Bayern’ is just a slimy tactic to get a better price. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think Romano or DiMarzio said Bayern approached Juve on De Ligt several weeks before we approached Juve. Once both clubs knew the possibility of signing him was given the green light, they started negotiating with the player.

One big advantage is that Bayern already have a great relationship with Raiola’s agency so this whole ‘De Ligt only wants Bayern’ is just a slimy tactic to get a better price. 

Every powerful club does it, so being mad about it when the reverse happens is ultimately hypocritical. Arsene Wenger publicly accused them of manipulating the Gnabry transfer, and even Borussia Mönchengladbach have complained about the Sinan Kurt transfer. It only takes a quick Google search to pull these up. There are dozens of examples. I think I recall even Chelsea complained about the Callum Hudson-Odoi saga.

When i was a kid I sucked at Math, i tried my best but it didn't go well. Then my mum got me a tutor and he helped me understand it better so i managed. How Barcelona still gets transfers done after being so deep in debt and basically bankrupt no one can explain.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Not only Riola's agency (who represented both Gravenberch and Mazraoi) but Brazzo being a former Juve player as well and having dealt with them plenty in the past.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, True Blue said:

When i was a kid I sucked at Math, i tried my best but it didn't go well. Then my mum got me a tutor and he helped me understand it better so i managed. How Barcelona still gets transfers done after being so deep in debt and basically bankrupt no one can explain.

Welcome back! 

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Thanks mate so much has happened since i stopped coming, think it was when Covid started? 

I think a lot has happened for everyone mate, still it's good to get the old gang back together.... B|

@carefreeluke has been gone for some time as well.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I think a lot has happened for everyone mate, still it's good to get the old gang back together.... B|

@carefreeluke has been gone for some time as well.. 

I used to have him on Facebook, not sure i saw him there either. Maybe he quit "social" media for good.

• The title was changed to Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona
55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I do wonder if Barca selling off assets like like 25 years of 1/3 of their TV revenue and 49% of their licensing and merchandising is going to fuck them in the arse in the future.

One can only hope... 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I do wonder if Barca selling off assets like like 25 years of 1/3 of their TV revenue and 49% of their licensing and merchandising is going to fuck them in the arse in the future.

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

One can only hope... 

Lads, see the Barca thread. Good thread on Barca's finances and the inner workings of all the deals and loans they've structured.

What’s gonna be a laugh is sitting whilst observing how Barcelona manage to register all of these signings they’re making. They seemingly still haven’t managed to digest  the situation they genuinely reside within. Global delusion has also afflicted this club.

On 22/06/2022 at 19:11, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I think post-Messi Barca are very much a club that aren't automatically guaranteed to win anything. They're still a good side, for sure, but they don't seem like the very complete side that has the additional cherry of one of the best players of all time inspiring them anymore like they were not too long ago.

I think for some players being able to challenge for titles at another big European side when they've been at a club where they've won pretty much all they can win gives them that fresh coat of paint feeling like they've moved into a new house. So yeah, it's so much really that much of a challenge where they're looking to take a club on their back like Maradona, Gerrard or Totti... but it's a new challenge in the sense that it's "new" to them.

This a really good post!

The Maradona part particularly although there is context to the eventuality of him “carrying Napoli”. Napoli had an amazing side when Maradona was there.

Players like Ciro Ferrara, Alemão, Fernando de Napoli, Careca, Andrea Carnevale and Maradona himself.

Back then it was difficult or impossible to find a club that had a multitude of huge names and what you had was a core element. Plus the “Bosman Ruling” didn’t exist and the 3 foreigner rule applied not just to other continents, but also European footballers. The first club to become a “Super-Club” and take advantage of the “Bosman Rulling” was AC Milan if memory serves me correctly.

What was incredible is that that Napoli side didn’t manage to win the European Cup (subsequently Champions League). But that is unimportant because they were a genuinely great side.

I digress... What I mean is that back then players were more willing to make a move from ‘Big Clubs’ to what we would deem today to be more ‘normal’ clubs. The decision tended to be more a normal one as wages in general weren’t all that “crazy”.

Anyway... A great post mate.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This a really good post!

The Maradona part particularly although there is context to the eventuality of him “carrying Napoli”. Napoli had an amazing side when Maradona was there.

Players like Ciro Ferrara, Alemão, Fernando de Napoli, Careca, Andrea Carnevale and Maradona himself.

Back then it was difficult or impossible to find a club that had a multitude of huge names and what you had was a core element. Plus the “Bosman Ruling” didn’t exist and the 3 foreigner rule applied not just to other continents, but also European footballers. The first club to become a “Super-Club” and take advantage of the “Bosman Rulling” was AC Milan if memory serves me correctly.

What was incredible is that that Napoli side didn’t manage to win the European Cup (subsequently Champions League). But that is unimportant because they were a genuinely great side.

I digress... What I mean is that back then players were more willing to make a move from ‘Big Clubs’ to what we would deem today to be more ‘normal’ clubs. The decision tended to be more a normal one as wages in general weren’t all that “crazy”.

Anyway... A great post mate.

Too short post for SirBalon :coffee:Who are you and what did you do to him ?

2 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Too short post for SirBalon :coffee:Who are you and what did you do to him ?

It’s been a while since I done one of these tbh.  I almost fainted in this heat doing it. 😂

But Gonzo’s post was worth it considering he’s now the certified king of thorough posting. 😶

Archived