Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Robert Lewandowski - Wants 'New Challenge'


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Back up plan for Man City, if Kane move doesn't happen?

Making way for Haaland at Bayern?

Think I said in another thread he was our back up option @Viva la FCB had something to say about it :P ..Haaland will still come to City next season too ..even if we get Kane

Edited by Happy Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be a cheaper and much better player for Man City to go after but they'd find themselves in the same position in a few years. Unless Bayern already have someone lined up, I don't think we'll see this happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Come to Besiktas  Liverpool

Surprised Liverpool are still gonna persist with Firmino upfront. A great player on his day but he might be one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He wouldn’t score half as many goals in England. Let him stay in Germany where people can stupidly think he’s the best player in the world, when in reality he’s not even the best striker in the world.

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Surprised Liverpool are still gonna persist with Firmino upfront. A great player on his day but he might be one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

He's not the greatest finisher, but he's really important to the way we play - I don't think it's that surprising. Unless we're getting in a world class finisher like Lewandowski, we'd need someone that's got good all around play like Firmino to play in that role. I think his inconsistency is mostly limited to his shooting - although last season he went missing for a long while before the tail end of the season where he started to play a bit better. Tbh though a lot of our players did other than Salah, Fabinho & Henderson.

9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

He wouldn’t score half as many goals in England. Let him stay in Germany where people can stupidly think he’s the best player in the world, when in reality he’s not even the best striker in the world.

Please tell me this is a joke. Even if it were true that the Bundesliga is a farmers league... just look at his international record. Poland are pretty shit tbh and yet he's got a 1 in 2 record with them.

He's pretty clearly one of the best strikers in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's not the greatest finisher, but he's really important to the way we play - I don't think it's that surprising. Unless we're getting in a world class finisher like Lewandowski, we'd need someone that's got good all around play like Firmino to play in that role. I think his inconsistency is mostly limited to his shooting - although last season he went missing for a long while before the tail end of the season where he started to play a bit better. Tbh though a lot of our players did other than Salah, Fabinho & Henderson.

Please tell me this is a joke. Even if it were true that the Bundesliga is a farmers league... just look at his international record. Poland are pretty shit tbh and yet he's got a 1 in 2 record with them.

He's pretty clearly one of the best strikers in the world.

He’s top 10, but I’d take Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Benzema, Suarez, Mbappe at least over him. Put any of them in that team and that league and they would get the numbers he gets.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

He’s top 10, but I’d take Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Benzema, Suarez, Mbappe at least over him. Put any of them in that team and that league and they would get the numbers he gets.

 

Seriously? 

I think there's a lot of disrespect for Lewandowski. It's too easy to say 'he plays for Bayern so he's bound to get the goals'. Well yeah it helps, but he's one of the most complete strikers around currently. Like @Spike says, the vast range of goals that he always scores so regularly and longevity he has he deserves more respect on his name. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very serious. He has enough respect on his name, he’s a world class top 10 striker in the world.

It’s not disrespect, it’s an opinion. The players I’ve mentioned would score just as many as he has in that league. He’s not even the best striker in the league anymore. A 21 year old is who plays in a much weaker team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In their primes, the only centre forwards of his generation that I could possibly accept as better than Lewandowski are Suarez, Ibrahimovic and maybe Benzema. Cavani, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku etc are all close but slightly behind.

I wouldn't even bother comparing Mbappe because he's a different kind of player, and he's not as good. He could turn out to be better, but who knows.

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

No, I rate him personally. guessing we have made progress with Kane or that Serbian kid

Lewandowski would be smarter than Kane. Even though he is a couple of years older, he doesn't have Kane's injuries or problems with fitness. Lewa gets at least 40 games a season for the last decade, insane fitness levels.

Well I guess Kane has as well, I thought he was having problems with his knees?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Lewandowski would be smarter than Kane. Even though he is a couple of years older, he doesn't have Kane's injuries or problems with fitness. Lewa gets at least 40 games a season for the last decade, insane fitness levels.

Well I guess Kane has as well, I thought he was having problems with his knees?

I agree, he's top class, would be a good fill in for a few years. didn't know kane had bad knees, thought it was his ankles? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he wants to leave and Klopp gets a chance to get him I doubt he'd say no. He was phenomenal at Dortmund as much as he is at Bayern and would certainly get a lot of goals with service from Salah, Mane, Jota, etc. Even if he's getting older his situational awareness around the box is ridiculously good. 

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, he's top class, would be a good fill in for a few years. didn't know kane had bad knees, thought it was his ankles? 

You're probably right about his ankles but he hasn't missed to many games by the looks of things. I hope the bloke isn't just playing through injuries because Spuds need him to.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Irrespective of how any individual may rate the English & German leagues, or even the 2 players, Lewandowski & Kane, in comparison to each other, it notoriously can take a season or 2 for a player to get up to speed in any new league.

Personally, if he does move with a hefty price tag, not just mega wage, I can only see him going to PSG, La Liga or Serie A.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Very serious. He has enough respect on his name, he’s a world class top 10 striker in the world.

It’s not disrespect, it’s an opinion. The players I’ve mentioned would score just as many as he has in that league. He’s not even the best striker in the league anymore. A 21 year old is who plays in a much weaker team.

I think his all around game is still better than Haaland's tbh.

It's not that long ago Lewandowski was robbed of a Balon d'Or because of COVID - I think it was reasonable to say he was definitely one of the top 2 players in Europe and his impact on Bayern that season where they ended up CL winners during COVID should not be understated. I think if you put Lewandowski on any of those teams of the players you mentioned, he'd have a similar goal record.

The man is fucking quality.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...