talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a cheaper and much better player for Man City to go after but they'd find themselves in the same position in a few years. Unless Bayern already have someone lined up, I don't think we'll see this happening.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Come to Besiktas  Liverpool

Surprised Liverpool are still gonna persist with Firmino upfront. A great player on his day but he might be one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

• Subscriber

He wouldn’t score half as many goals in England. Let him stay in Germany where people can stupidly think he’s the best player in the world, when in reality he’s not even the best striker in the world.

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Surprised Liverpool are still gonna persist with Firmino upfront. A great player on his day but he might be one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

He's not the greatest finisher, but he's really important to the way we play - I don't think it's that surprising. Unless we're getting in a world class finisher like Lewandowski, we'd need someone that's got good all around play like Firmino to play in that role. I think his inconsistency is mostly limited to his shooting - although last season he went missing for a long while before the tail end of the season where he started to play a bit better. Tbh though a lot of our players did other than Salah, Fabinho & Henderson.

9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

He wouldn’t score half as many goals in England. Let him stay in Germany where people can stupidly think he’s the best player in the world, when in reality he’s not even the best striker in the world.

Please tell me this is a joke. Even if it were true that the Bundesliga is a farmers league... just look at his international record. Poland are pretty shit tbh and yet he's got a 1 in 2 record with them.

He's pretty clearly one of the best strikers in the world.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's not the greatest finisher, but he's really important to the way we play - I don't think it's that surprising. Unless we're getting in a world class finisher like Lewandowski, we'd need someone that's got good all around play like Firmino to play in that role. I think his inconsistency is mostly limited to his shooting - although last season he went missing for a long while before the tail end of the season where he started to play a bit better. Tbh though a lot of our players did other than Salah, Fabinho & Henderson.

Please tell me this is a joke. Even if it were true that the Bundesliga is a farmers league... just look at his international record. Poland are pretty shit tbh and yet he's got a 1 in 2 record with them.

He's pretty clearly one of the best strikers in the world.

He’s top 10, but I’d take Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Benzema, Suarez, Mbappe at least over him. Put any of them in that team and that league and they would get the numbers he gets.

I didn’t realise scoring 300 goals in Germany was so simple. I don’t know what evidence people need, left foot, right foot, chip shots, outside the box shots, headers, penalties, free kicks, backheels, bicycle kicks, vollyes, half volleys, outside foot, tap ins, one on ones with the goalie, record for most goals in a season, second most goals of all time.

Maybe the team is so good because Lewandowski is simply that good. It is like denying C.Ronaldo’s ability because he only played for the most successful team in each league he has played.

M’Bappe is all pace. His technique is knock it past the opponent and then miss 10 shots on goal till he gets the goal. Thankfully at PSG he is afforded that luxury. One of the worst individual performances ever was against Man United.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

He’s top 10, but I’d take Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Benzema, Suarez, Mbappe at least over him. Put any of them in that team and that league and they would get the numbers he gets.

Too funny.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Seriously? 

I think there's a lot of disrespect for Lewandowski. It's too easy to say 'he plays for Bayern so he's bound to get the goals'. Well yeah it helps, but he's one of the most complete strikers around currently. Like @Spike says, the vast range of goals that he always scores so regularly and longevity he has he deserves more respect on his name. 

• Subscriber

Very serious. He has enough respect on his name, he’s a world class top 10 striker in the world.

It’s not disrespect, it’s an opinion. The players I’ve mentioned would score just as many as he has in that league. He’s not even the best striker in the league anymore. A 21 year old is who plays in a much weaker team.

In their primes, the only centre forwards of his generation that I could possibly accept as better than Lewandowski are Suarez, Ibrahimovic and maybe Benzema. Cavani, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku etc are all close but slightly behind.

I wouldn't even bother comparing Mbappe because he's a different kind of player, and he's not as good. He could turn out to be better, but who knows.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

No, I rate him personally. guessing we have made progress with Kane or that Serbian kid

Lewandowski would be smarter than Kane. Even though he is a couple of years older, he doesn't have Kane's injuries or problems with fitness. Lewa gets at least 40 games a season for the last decade, insane fitness levels.

Well I guess Kane has as well, I thought he was having problems with his knees?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Lewandowski would be smarter than Kane. Even though he is a couple of years older, he doesn't have Kane's injuries or problems with fitness. Lewa gets at least 40 games a season for the last decade, insane fitness levels.

Well I guess Kane has as well, I thought he was having problems with his knees?

I agree, he's top class, would be a good fill in for a few years. didn't know kane had bad knees, thought it was his ankles? 

• Subscriber

If he wants to leave and Klopp gets a chance to get him I doubt he'd say no. He was phenomenal at Dortmund as much as he is at Bayern and would certainly get a lot of goals with service from Salah, Mane, Jota, etc. Even if he's getting older his situational awareness around the box is ridiculously good. 

• The title was changed to Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

Archived