talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, he's top class, would be a good fill in for a few years. didn't know kane had bad knees, thought it was his ankles? 

You're probably right about his ankles but he hasn't missed to many games by the looks of things. I hope the bloke isn't just playing through injuries because Spuds need him to.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrespective of how any individual may rate the English & German leagues, or even the 2 players, Lewandowski & Kane, in comparison to each other, it notoriously can take a season or 2 for a player to get up to speed in any new league.

Personally, if he does move with a hefty price tag, not just mega wage, I can only see him going to PSG, La Liga or Serie A.

8 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Very serious. He has enough respect on his name, he’s a world class top 10 striker in the world.

It’s not disrespect, it’s an opinion. The players I’ve mentioned would score just as many as he has in that league. He’s not even the best striker in the league anymore. A 21 year old is who plays in a much weaker team.

I think his all around game is still better than Haaland's tbh.

It's not that long ago Lewandowski was robbed of a Balon d'Or because of COVID - I think it was reasonable to say he was definitely one of the top 2 players in Europe and his impact on Bayern that season where they ended up CL winners during COVID should not be understated. I think if you put Lewandowski on any of those teams of the players you mentioned, he'd have a similar goal record.

The man is fucking quality.

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

If he plays in a farmers league he is the Shepherd. One of the best couple strikers of our generation period, full stop.

It's okay, you know what I learned the season when we ran away with the league. Or last season when City ran away with the league.

We're also a farmers league xD

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also does Sane count? He's done better in England than in Germany 👀

I suppose thats fair. Especially after being subbed at HT on the weekend, being replaced by an 18 year old that nearly instantaneously has more impact. Not going to get to crazy but Musiala almost had more impact last season to I reckon.

Anyways I woulda said De Bruyne was a budding star before moving your way, England just takes the credit :what:

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I suppose thats fair. Especially after being subbed at HT on the weekend, being replaced by an 18 year old that nearly instantaneously has more impact. Not going to get to crazy but Musiala almost had more impact last season to I reckon.

Anyways I woulda said De Bruyne was a budding star before moving your way, England just takes the credit :what:

He was already quality before playing in Germany, those who saw him in Belgium and - albeit briefly - his appearances for Chelsea. I think the Bundesliga was a good showcase for him and if I'm honest, a bit too easy. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Batard said:

He was already quality before playing in Germany, those who saw him in Belgium and - albeit briefly - his appearances for Chelsea. I think the Bundesliga was a good showcase for him and if I'm honest, a bit too easy. 

I think he hasn't played a single game for Chelsea before joining us on loan 🤔

Just now, nudge said:

I think he hasn't played a single game for Chelsea before joining us on loan 🤔

He has. To which he was man of the match. Mourinho then benched him after buying Willian and the rest is history. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He has. To which he was man of the match. Mourinho then benched him after buying Willian and the rest is history. 

I'm confused. He played for us on loan in 2012/13 season. Mourinho returned to Chelsea for 2013/14 season. Are you confusing Werder with Wolfsburg, by any chance?

• The title was changed to Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

Archived