talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Rick said:

If Bayern want Mane, make some sort of swap deal. Lewandowski for a couple of years would be excellent. 

Right? I think Gonzo kinda brought it up but I mentioned last page too doesnt it seem like the perfect example of a swap deal? 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can’t allow both of Mane and Salah to leave on a free. Mane is as good as gone, his head is elsewhere so take advantage of it and bring in a world class player readymade for the first 11. Diaz and Jota and whoever else we bring in would learn from him and it wouldn’t be all on them to get goals. It’s a no brainier if he is keen. Yes, wages are large, but wages are large for any top player we want to sign to take over from Sadio and Mo when they go. 

Id be happy to see Lewandoski come in for a few seasons to give us time to find the right one. Going by Ronaldo's standards we could get another 5 plus years out of him.

He an out and out striker. He's a cherry picker. Liverpool dont have that and I think they need that. Especially as the blond bomber is coming here.

If Mane wants to go to to Germany, let him, try and do a deal for Lewa and maybe Gnabry.

AFAIK Lewa could be solid for 3 more years and then be used is more selective roles. In the mean time we can find a younger striker to take the central role.

• Administrator

He is a bit OTT with his comments. If you wanna leave then fair enough but he seems to be going in for Bayern a bit. Maybe he's wanted to leave before now and has been stopped or blocked. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

He is a bit OTT with his comments. If you wanna leave then fair enough but he seems to be going in for Bayern a bit. Maybe he's wanted to leave before now and has been stopped or blocked. 

Pretty sure he wanted to leave and flirted with Real Madrid in 2018, but was not allowed to. 

Tbh, I can see both sides of it. He spent what, 8 season in Bayern now? Won multiple titles, scored a shitload of goals. Now he's 34 already, and only has a few years left in him; maybe his last proper contract. If he wants a move, then why not grant him one? It's not as if he's leaving on a free transfer...

On the other hand, a club of course has the right to expect a player to honour the contract, and I find Lewandowski's comments a bit over the top. But that's also kind of hilarious and a bit hypocritical, considering that Bayern  themselves never had any qualms with signing players that had existing contracts with their clubs at the time, and have always been aggressive in pushing them to sign, even when the selling club didn't want to sell. The whole Klose deal comes to mind, in particular. So fuck them, hope they lose Lewandowski and fail to replace him.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Pretty sure he wanted to leave and flirted with Real Madrid in 2018, but was not allowed to. 

Tbh, I can see both sides of it. He spent what, 8 season in Bayern now? Won multiple titles, scored a shitload of goals. Now he's 34 already, and only has a few years left in him; maybe his last proper contract. If he wants a move, then why not grant him one? It's not as if he's leaving on a free transfer...

On the other hand, a club of course has the right to expect a player to honour the contract, and I find Lewandowski's comments a bit over the top. But that's also kind of hilarious and a bit hypocritical, considering that Bayern  themselves never had any qualms with signing players that had existing contracts with their clubs at the time, and have always been aggressive in pushing them to sign, even when the selling club didn't want to sell. The whole Klose deal comes to mind, in particular. So fuck them, hope they lose Lewandowski and fail to replace him.

Either way his public comments are ridiculous and its been non stop. Hes been treated like gold his entire tenure even durring the madrid bullshit. He wants to leave hes 34 as you say fair enough but to act like a spoiled brat puts his legacy in jeopardy amongst the fans imo. Look at the stark difference in how Thiago left, thats how it should be done. He can get fucked at this point for all I care, I hope we keep him now just to spite him.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Either way his public comments are ridiculous and its been non stop. Hes been treated like gold his entire tenure even durring the madrid bullshit. He wants to leave hes 34 as you say fair enough but to act like a spoiled brat puts his legacy in jeopardy amongst the fans imo. Look at the stark difference in how Thiago left, thats how it should be done. He can get fucked at this point for all I care, I hope we keep him now just to spite him.

I suppose he decided to go public with it after internal negotiations proved to be of no use? I don't know, it's just a guess. He's clearly desperate to leave, and is now sulking to make sure it happens. It always looks bad, but then again, I can also understand it from the player's point of view. I always like to think about it from my personal perspective - if I worked for a company for almost a decade, was a key worker throughout it all and then wanted to move at some point, I would also be pretty pissed if I wasn't allowed to xD 

And yes, I also hope you keep him just to spite him and that breaks the team morale completely :ph34r: :P 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, nudge said:

I always like to think about it from my personal perspective - if I worked for a company for almost a decade, was a key worker throughout it all and then wanted to move at some point, I would also be pretty pissed if I wasn't allowed to xD 

And yes, I also hope you keep him just to spite him and that breaks the team morale completely :ph34r: :P 

Fair if this was a normal situation but hes one of what? top 10 if I had to guess paid players in the world? at one of the largest companys in the world in which he signed a contract with? Its all about perspective.

Also thats mean xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Fair if this was a normal situation but hes one of what? top 10 if I had to guess paid players in the world? at one of the largest companys in the world in which he signed a contract with? Its all about perspective.

Also thats mean xD

Why does it make any difference though? People come and go every time, even the best and highest paid ones, regardless of their position, salary, or the company they work for. To me, it's absolutely irrelevant. You can force him to sit out his remaining contract for sure, but I guess I just don't understand what's the point of keeping an unhappy player by force and denying him one of his last opportunities elsewhere, especially someone who has more than delivered to the club during his time there. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Why does it make any difference though? People come and go every time, even the best and highest paid ones, regardless of their position, salary, or the company they work for. To me, it's absolutely irrelevant. You can force him to sit out his remaining contract for sure, but I guess I just don't understand what's the point of keeping an unhappy player by force and denying him one of his last opportunities elsewhere, especially someone who has more than delivered to the club during his time there.

Yeah I mean I agree, I said in the beginning as soon as hes voiced his desire to move its time to move him on and get whatever fee you can. BUT to act the way he has just rubs me the wrong way. I do get it to some degree its desperation as he only realistically has a couple years left at this level but this just isnt the way to deal with it imo. Zahavi is a sack of shit too I just hate these super agents in general though, I think it was KHR called him a greedy piranha in the Alaba negotiations xD

Tbh I think he’s done enough for Bayern that if he wants to leave at 34, even if the club don’t want to sell him - they should be looking at getting him the move for a reasonable amount of money they can live with.

But I agree, it’s a bit weird seeing a club legend kind of try to drag the club through the mud a bit. But it’s Barca he’s negotiating with and this is basically standard behavior from them to try to lower the price. They always do this… and I think it’s pretty irritating so I hope they don’t get him.

So he comes for free, breaks all the records over eight years, wants to leave to for free again, Bayern says no, so he goes public. I don't see the controversy and why Bayern fans are acting like little bitches about this.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

So he comes for free, breaks all the records over eight years, wants to leave to for free again, Bayern says no, so he goes public. I don't see the controversy and why Bayern fans are acting like little bitches about this.

Not at all. If he wanted to leave for free he would need to wait 1 more season and it would be a non issue. He wants to force his way out kicking and screaming and dragging us through the mud to get his way scorched earth style no fucks given. 

3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not at all. If he wanted to leave for free he would need to wait 1 more season and it would be a non issue. He wants to force his way out kicking and screaming and dragging us through the mud to get his way scorched earth style no fucks given. 

Bayern doesn't own his labour. He doesn't have to do anything of the sort.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Correct, just like if he whines away and mudslings like he has we fans are in the right to shit on him. Cant have it both ways. 

Damage control time:

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Correct, just like if he whines away and mudslings like he has we fans are in the right to shit on him. Cant have it both ways. 

Damage control time:

Hardly whining and mudslinging at all, not even close to it. Bayern fans are acting like children.

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Im glad you think so but thats complete bullshit.

Like fuck, those two tweets you posted were as respectful as possible 'I don't want an escalation' 'We will find an agreement', yeah mate that is some real caustic language. You are throwing a tantrum because a grown man wants to move on with his life but his employer is preventing that.

This is nothing close to some of the actual threats other players have made towards their clubs.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Like fuck, those two tweets you posted were as respectful as possible 'I don't want an escalation' 'We will find an agreement', yeah mate that is some real caustic language. You are throwing a tantrum because a grown man wants to move on with his life but his employer is preventing that.

This is nothing close to some of the actual threats other players have made towards their clubs.

Is @Viva la FCB not referring to the older tweets?

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

On the flip side, nobody forced by gunpoint to extend his contract, when he decided to do so for the money. Why, the hell, should football pros being the only humans not to feel the consequences of their deeds?

• The title was changed to Robert Lewandowski Moves to Barcelona

Archived