Last 3 Meetings
19/05/2021 - Burnley 0-3 Liverpool
21/01/2021 - Liverpool 0-1 Burnley
11/07/2020 - Liverpool 1-1 Burnley

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Hope we smash them for ending the unbeaten home record last season and also stopping the 100% home record in 19/20. But any win will do at this stage

Liverpool could argue they're unbeaten record at home with fans is still intact 🤔

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Hope we smash them for ending the unbeaten home record last season and also stopping the 100% home record in 19/20. But any win will do at this stage

I'd love to give them a demoralising loss that hopefully gets in their heads and gives them a poor run that will maybe see the cunts go down.

But I'll take any win we can get. Even if we play like shit and just fluke a win...

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Liverpool could argue they're unbeaten record at home with fans is still intact 🤔

I suppose it isxD I think in all likelihood, the unbeaten run would have gone even with fans in last season given the injuries in defence. Certainly wouldn't have lost six in a row at home though

Just now, Spike said:

How is van Dijk looking on his return from injury? Back to normal? Missing a step in pace?

He looked normal in the last game, but who knows long term. I think Burnley will be more of a test than Norwich though.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He looked normal in the last game, but who knows long term. I think Burnley will be more of a test than Norwich though.

It was a knee injury right? I'd have to assume his vertical leap and pace took a hit. Two of his best tools as well.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It was a knee injury right? I'd have to assume his vertical leap and pace took a hit. Two of his best tools as well.

Yeah ACL tear, so a pretty bad knee injury. I'd also assume he's not as good as he once was, although some players have returned from bad injuries and come back looking the same player they were while others haven't. I think it's one of those wait and see things.

But he looked fine in the air last week, so hopefully that's a good sign about how he's recovered.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah ACL tear, so a pretty bad knee injury. I'd also assume he's not as good as he once was, although some players have returned from bad injuries and come back looking the same player they were while others haven't. I think it's one of those wait and see things.

But he looked fine in the air last week, so hopefully that's a good sign about how he's recovered.

I bet there has to be a mental edge to it. A fear, ‘should I make this challenge? Should I leap as hard as I can?’ That would have to be one of the hardest parts of recovery.

Fingers crossed for the bloke though.

Just now, Spike said:

I bet there has to be a mental edge to it. A fear, ‘should I make this challenge? Should I leap as hard as I can?’ That would have to be one of the hardest parts of recovery.

Fingers crossed for the bloke though.

He basically said as much in the post-match interview... that he feels like he needs to "get used to playing" again.

Yeah he wasn't really tested much defensively against Norwich. It's those switches of play that he's capable of that Liverpool have missed the most though. Was great to see a few of them last weekend and certainly makes a difference to Liverpool as an attacking outfit

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah he wasn't really tested much defensively against Norwich. It's those switches of play that he's capable of that Liverpool have missed the most though. Was great to see a few of them last weekend and certainly makes a difference to Liverpool as an attacking outfit

Some of his passing was on point but you're right he did say in the post-match interview that he doesn't feel like hes fully there yet.

I don’t have any worries when it comes to Van Dijks mentality. The man has plenty about him to overcome any nervousness after returning from that injury. 

As nice it is to see Elliot in the team, the midfield looks a little bit lightweight with him and Keita either side of Henderson. But with Fab & Milner out, we don’t have much choice. Could have started Thiago, but clearly he’s not ready for a start after his little knock. 

Hope we smash them. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Thought Robertson wasn't back till next week? This is good news. Hoping we get to see Konate today.

I think the hope was the game before or after the international break but yeah good news that he's back so quickly

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

Burnley constantly time wasting alreadyxD

Constantly!? It's once by Pope for the goal kick xDxD 

Having said that, it would be interesting to see how consistent Mike Dean is with it considering he has had a word with Mee about it already.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Constantly!? It's once by Pope for the goal kick xDxD 

Having said that, it would be interesting to see how consistent Mike Dean is with it considering he has had a word with Mee about it already.

Couple of throw ins too.

Embarrassing from Gudmansson

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Burnley - Saturday 21st August, 2021
  • The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Burnley - Saturday 21st August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived