Liverpool 2-0 Burnley - Saturday 21st August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Not on Liverpool games.

He’s passionate about his team. Better than being fake and pretending he’s actually a neutral.
Doesn’t bother me when anyone shows their old team love when they commentate. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Neville can be quite scathing on Man Utd though, and has been several times. I don't hear it from Carragher hence why I think he's just as biased as McManaman, and therefore it's not great to listen to.

It's like Savage on Leicester games. Hate it. On other games he's okay to listen to but he speaks like he knows about the ins and outs of Leicester and comes up with some proper crap on occasions. You can tell when a co-commentator just reads off a stats list and he's one of them.

Carragher was over critical of Liverpool last season, coming out with shite like 'mentality midgets'

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

He’s passionate about his team. Better than being fake and pretending he’s actually a neutral.
Doesn’t bother me when anyone shows their old team love when they commentate. 

It bothers me when they go totally overboard about it, much like McManaman does.

And as a neutral, it's not what you want to hear. If there's a co-commentator for the other side doing the same, then yeah it evens out.

But Sky and BT do it all too regularly where there's the main commentators and usually just one co-comm for one of the bigger sides.

I don't want him to pretend or fake to be a neutral. I'd rather he just isn't ultra-biased.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Carragher was over critical of Liverpool last season, coming out with shite like 'mentality midgets'

I'll admit I don't recall that but that is a funny phrase xD 

• Administrator

Anyway, regarding the actual game, I think there's only so long Burnley can continue with their route-one tactic lumping it up to Wood and Barnes, and occasionally using McNeil as an alternative target to get on the ball. Liverpool's midfield is too savvy to pick up the 2nd balls and/or pressure them. Burnley bypassing their own midfield will work against them. 

• Subscriber
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Was that Salah decision clear? Thought he might benefit from the new rules on that one.

The line was right at his feet. Sure they'll discuss it at half-time and when the replay came up he actually looked onside to me but they didn't see it that way.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Was that Salah decision clear? Thought he might benefit from the new rules on that one.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The line was right at his feet. Sure they'll discuss it at half-time and when the replay came up he actually looked onside to me but they didn't see it that way.

I think it looked offside just about.

There looked to be daylight between both lines (I know that's not the rule but it meant it wasn't that tight I guess).

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it looked offside just about.

There looked to be daylight between both lines (I know that's not the rule but it meant it wasn't that tight I guess).

Damn shoulder. 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Was it or did Liverpool hold their line well?

Leading up to the cross it was. 

What’s with the hoof ball from us first five mins of this half? That won’t work in any way against these big bastards. 

• Subscriber

Burnley did well in the first half although their defending on the goal was amateur level stuff. The main difference between the sides here has been the quality in the final third. Burnley getting more than their fair share of the midfield battles.

• Administrator

Brilliant play all round then.

Elliott a greatt cross, Salah's composure to get the shot away and McNeil's defensive work to block the shot on goal.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Burnley - Saturday 21st August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived