Sunday 22nd August, 2021
Wolves vs Tottenham, 14.00

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

This is just lazy Stan :4_joy:

Not particularly. All games were on TV for the last 18 months. So had a thread.

This is just how it used to be.

Our season starts Saturday.

I expect a reaction from the players and I expect the fans to give them an extra 10-15% on top of that in all.

Everton were a tough nut away last season so it's important we don't allow them to get infront so they have something to defend.

Probably no Llorente or Phillips again which won't help but equally, those who played last week simply have to improve anyway.

47 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

We've looked dog shit at Villa Park last two seasons. Due something there surely.

Yeah, I think Villa have had a good record over Newcastle for a while in recent times.

But Newcastle actually way out ahead in head to head record over all Premier League years.

I predict only a tense atmosphere after the opening matches.

• Subscriber

I don't expect much this weekend in truth. I'll be interested to see how Benitez approaches this but I don't think we have the players to avoid getting pinned back by their pressure for much of the game. They'll have the added bonus of their first home game with fans like the other half of the league did last weekend. I don't place much stock in the contrasting fortunes of the two teams last weekend given the opposition each of them faced.

• Subscriber

Mina in for Holgate. I'd sooner have seen Keane miss out given that Holgate is a bit better on the ball and Mina and Keane lack pace between them. Iwobi for Townsend also. Looked sharp when he came on last week.

• Administrator

Bailey already out for Villa. His injury record was questioned when signing for them. He's a decent player but how often will he have a consistent run of games for them? 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Given the OG to Krul now.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wrong!

Serves me right for listening to Chris Sutton on BT Sport!

Been a cagey affair so far, Palace had one good chance with Connor Gallagher hitting the crossbar, but outside of that neither side has really threatened.

As the half has gone on though we have had more control of the game, winning more loose balls and 50/50s. Controlling it to an extent but not worth controlling if you’re not creating.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived