talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 2 Matches - 21-22nd August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh on Matt Targett to be left out. Douglas Luiz back in for Nakamba. Perhaps rushed. Leon Bailey not even on the bench either, due to feeling some niggle. Still no sign of Ollie Watkins. And Trezeguet is a long term absentee. Hourihane on the bench, goal scoring 30 year old midfielder, who was on loan to Swansea last season. With no sign of multi million midfielder Morgan Sanson.

Danny Ings wasting no time to establish himself at his new club. El Ghazi, perhaps underestimated. Another penalty scored. By the way, he is Dutch, not Egyptian, which many online analysts around the internet have decided. It's actually Trezeguet who is Egyptian. And it is a nickname because his hero was David Trezeguet.

One of those weeks I'll be tuning in to MOTD.

Barrow midweek in the League Cup. I would imagine plenty of the fringe youngsters will get an outing. Brentford at Villa Park next week. Then onto a run of 7 matches with clubs that were top half last season (and Wolves) so will really start to give better ideas as to where Villa are.

3 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Harsh on Matt Targett to be left out. Douglas Luiz back in for Nakamba. Perhaps rushed. Leon Bailey not even on the bench either, due to feeling some niggle. Still no sign of Ollie Watkins. And Trezeguet is a long term absentee. Hourihane on the bench, goal scoring 30 year old midfielder, who was on loan to Swansea last season. With no sign of multi million midfielder Morgan Sanson.

Danny Ings wasting no time to establish himself at his new club. El Ghazi, perhaps underestimated. Another penalty scored. By the way, he is Dutch, not Egyptian, which many online analysts around the internet have decided. It's actually Trezeguet who is Egyptian. And it is a nickname because his hero was David Trezeguet.

One of those weeks I'll be tuning in to MOTD.

Barrow midweek in the League Cup. I would imagine plenty of the fringe youngsters will get an outing. Brentford at Villa Park next week. Then onto a run of 7 matches with clubs that were top half last season (and Wolves) so will really start to give better ideas as to where Villa are.

Bailey is injured as is Watkins, Targett is only coming back to he will be in the side in a few games time. Would have like JPB. To have gotten a bit more time plus Carney needs minutes.

Ings took the plaudits because of the Goal but Ramsey looked to be the one who will step out of Greedish’s shadow, he was excellent and he’s ahead of where that rat was aged 20

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Off to Wolves now, assume we will be unchanged from last week. Buzzing to be back on an away day 

Important match for Spurs to win what with the Nuno connection. Nothing can be measured after the first match of the season as City proved yesterday. Lose 1-0 then win 5-0 so I'm cautious and taking nothing for granted. Wolves only lost 1-0 to Leicester which was a creditable effort. But, I'm backing Spurs to get something out of the match.

Wolves fans singing “Harry Kane, he wants to fuck off” and “He’ll be a Manc in the morning”, as the Tottenham striker comes on from the bench at Molineux this afternoon :4_joy: then spurs fans singing he's worth more than Wolves 🤣😂😂 

14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Wolves fans singing “Harry Kane, he wants to fuck off” and “He’ll be a Manc in the morning”, as the Tottenham striker comes on from the bench at Molineux this afternoon :4_joy: then spurs fans singing he's worth more than Wolves 🤣😂😂 

Funny stuff but Spurs had the last laugh. Not what I expected, a win by a penalty but we move on. I feel Wolves just need the win to be off and running. They've played very well these last two matches and just need the finish. I looked at their coach and feel he's off for higher things soon, he looks good. So, Watford next for Spurs and this might be the match when they break the one goal per match trend. Going for a three goal win. Spurs must improve their football, I don't like winning ugly.

• The topic was unpinned

Finally got round to watching the game...

The positives for me:

+ Conor Gallagher looks like the first box to box midfielder we've had since Jonny Williams. Look forward to seeing more of him this season. Shame Chelsea will want 35m+ next summer.

+ The two central defenders look to have a very good understanding amongst each other. You wouldn't have guessed this was the first time they started as a partnership.

+ Any comparisons to de Boer's Selhurst Park debut have vanished. When we went forwards we didn't leave ourselves vulnerable behind us.

+ We wouldn't have pressed Brentford in the second half like we did under the previous regime.

The negatives for me were ...

- Kouyate looked uncomfortable returning to his usual position. He should have been staking his claim for captaincy.

- Tyrick Mitchell seems less comfortable playing in front of crowds. We should go for another LB for competition but that seems unlikely.

- Wilfried Zaha is never going to change. He looked like an arrogant petulant child being wound up by Canos and he should have just brushed off his attempts to get under his skin.

- We have less options going forwards than we ever did under Roy Hodgson. Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson are hardly inspiring targets.

- With AFCON upcoming and our injury record we will need four more signings in the next week which seems very unlikely. 

Archived