• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 2 Matches - 21-22nd August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not a bad half but it will never not piss me off when avoidable mistakes gift goals to the opponent when they weren't really putting much pressure on. Surely Leeds will feel the same after the daft foul by Cooper on Calvert-Lewin. Twice in two games from Michael Keane though.

1 minute ago, Chickasaw said:

Not good for City IF it ends this way. For their own sakes they need another couple of good form goals instead of an own goal(Opponents assist) and pure luck for the second.

It's only half a 1st team today, will take us a month to get fully up and running this season so any points we get at this stage is a bonus!

• Administrator

It's offside anyway but Martinez staying on the pitch for that is ridiculous. Considering the kind of fouls that are given against goal-keepers, when goal-keepers do what Martinez did there, they get off lightly. 

Post update

Man City 5-0 Norwich

55e52723-6498-4e92-9809-da3d805f84db.jpg

Martin Keown

Former England defender on BBC One

Does Pep Guardiola really need a number nine?

We should never doubt this man but I think we will end up seeing Harry Kane there eventually.

Article Reactions
  •  
    0 likes0
  •  
    Dislike
    0 dislikes0

29 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We do, a big striker will make us more dangerous in the big games

Kane often doesn't turn up in the big games. He didn't in the two finals and he didn't for England in the final. I'm not sure he's the right signing for City.

10 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Kane often doesn't turn up in the big games. He didn't in the two finals and he didn't for England in the final. I'm not sure he's the right signing for City.

I'd rather we get that young Serbian or Haaland tbh but with a big striker we would be more dangerous and have a different way of attacking instead of trying to walk it in the net 

Bit of a drab game altogether, we were better on the ball first half, they were better on it second half. Not many chances created, an effort each side on the crossbar. You can see why Zaha hasn’t got a big move yet, geezer doesn’t have the headspace for it. Would have been more of an Arsenal signing than youd think he’d of been.

Overall happy with the performance, important to take a point away. Must have been a big day for Mitchell, he didn’t have a bad game.

That was a proper game that, one from the old school. 

Great, old fashioned atmosphere, tackles, niggly between players, chances for both.

Come away thinking we should have won, could have lost but arguably on the balance, a draw was fair. They had their chances as we did, and we did have to battle back twice.

We're not quite there yet, definitely missing Llorente in defence and a few lads look like they haven't hit the ground yet but no cause for panic.

Just lovely watching a fully packed Elland Road in the top flight again. There will be times this season that in itself will earn us a few extra points.

Finally, Raphinha is bloody brilliant.

• Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

That was a proper game that, one from the old school. 

Great, old fashioned atmosphere, tackles, niggly between players, chances for both.

Come away thinking we should have won, could have lost but arguably on the balance, a draw was fair. They had their chances as we did, and we did have to battle back twice.

We're not quite there yet, definitely missing Llorente in defence and a few lads look like they haven't hit the ground yet but no cause for panic.

Just lovely watching a fully packed Elland Road in the top flight again. There will be times this season that in itself will earn us a few extra points.

Finally, Raphinha is bloody brilliant.

Agree with this based on the ~40 minutes I managed to stream. Think both teams will feel that they had the chances to win and made avoidable mistakes at the other end. Not at all upset with that result given its the return of fans for Leeds.

36 points to go :ph34r:.

• Subscriber

What are the current rules concerning the NHS App ping thing in the UK? Is it a full two weeks of isolation because that seems mad? I thought it was down to 7 days or 10 days or something. The players we had missing last weekend that got pinged in the run up to the opening game against Southampton, so at least 8 days ago, still weren't available today - James Rodriguez, Ben Godfrey and Andre Gomes. Moise Kean and Jean-Phillipe Gbamin missed the friendly against Man Utd which is 13 days ago today, and returned to the bench. They could have been pinged 15-16 days ago though.

Godfrey goes straight back into the side for me, and whatever Benitez might think about Rodriguez and his work off the ball, the thought that it's not worth at least having him on the bench when you've just taken over a team that finished 10th last season, is just silly.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived