talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Foundation (2021)

football forum

• Subscriber

Isaac Asimov's novel series adaptation by Apple+ has a new trailer and a release date! Will premiere on September 24th. 

Main trailer:

6 seasons and a movie are planned.

So excited, been waiting for it for a long time, and hope they don't butcher it. 

Both Dune and Foundation in the same year 🥰

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Isaac Asimov's novel series adaptation by Apple+ has a new trailer and a release date! Will premiere on September 24th. 

Main trailer:

6 seasons and a movie are planned.

So excited, been waiting for it for a long time, and hope they don't butcher it. 

Both Dune and Foundation in the same year 🥰

That main actor will always be the alcoholic from Mad Men to me. But looks intriguing! :o 

edit: Apparently he wasn't an alcoholic on Mad Men. But I still remember him from that show, mainly. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That main actor will always be the alcoholic from Mad Men to me. But looks intriguing! :o 

Jared Harris? He's fantastic. Thought he was amazing in The Terror, The Expanse and Chernobyl, too. In fact, just seeing him play Hari Seldon gives me high hopes for the show!

Just now, nudge said:

Jared Harris? He's fantastic. Though he was amazing in The Terror, The Expanse and Chernobyl, too. In fact, just seeing him play Hari Seldon gives me high hopes for the show!

Yes. Is Chernobyl really that good? I feel like I have missed out on that show. It's not on my streaming services. :ph34r: But yes, great actor. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Yes. Is Chernobyl really that good? I feel like I have missed out on that show. It's not on my streaming services. :ph34r: But yes, great actor. 

Chernobyl is very good... 

Have you watched The Expanse?

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just watched the first episode. The production value and the visuals are nothing short of amazing... I like the actors, too; especially the two main leads and the emperor. There are quite a few deviations from the novels, but that's understandable, and I really like it so far! 

• Subscriber

Alright, so I really liked the first episode and was full of hope... And then I watched the second one 🙄 fucking hell, they managed to make a mess of it in less than two hours in total. A story of grand galactic politics, science, religion, hundreds of years of history and fantastic worldbuilding is being pushed to the background in order to add some forced, silly and completely unnecessary love story and melodrama. What a shithouse.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Alright, so I really liked the first episode and was full of hope... And then I watched the second one 🙄 fucking hell, they managed to make a mess of it in less than two hours in total. A story of grand galactic politics, science, religion, hundreds of years of history and fantastic worldbuilding is being pushed to the background in order to add some forced, silly and completely unnecessary love story and melodrama. What a shithouse.

Disappointed Questioning GIF

• Subscriber

So is nobody else watching this?

I just finished Episode 3, so relieved to find it a huge improvement after disappointing previous episode. The show is starting to pick up now.

It's different from the books, but I really love what they are doing with the emperors storyline.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

I just finished Episode 3, so relieved to find it a huge improvement after disappointing previous episode. The show is starting to pick up now.

It's different from the books, but I really love what they are doing with the emperors storyline.

Tackle Stress and Anxiety with These Quick Tips

On 24/09/2021 at 13:33, nudge said:

Just watched the first episode. The production value and the visuals are nothing short of amazing... I like the actors, too; especially the two main leads and the emperor. There are quite a few deviations from the novels, but that's understandable, and I really like it so far! 

First vibes are positive from this post, sounds really good, I mean if you can't trust Nudge then who can you trust right?? totally on board for a watch, gets a link and some spare snacks ready for the first episode and before I can even load up the site to view it this happens... 

On 25/09/2021 at 02:20, nudge said:

Basically all my hopes dashed in one post... "It's totally shit, they ruined it with a love story, I can't begin to tell you how bitterly disappointed I am with this piss poor episode, such great potential just flushed down the toilet with all the other turds that have gone before.. don't watch this garbage unless you have been in a bad accident can't move and the nurse has put it on in your room... what a stinker!!" says Nudge.. 

As you can imagine, A great sadness floods over me and I nearly give up watching tv altogether because of it... and now this

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Comedy Central What GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

First vibes are positive from this post, sounds really good, I mean if you can't trust Nudge then who can you trust right?? totally on board for a watch, gets a link and some spare snacks ready for the first episode and before I can even load up the site to view it this happens... 

Basically all my hopes dashed in one post... "It's totally shit, they ruined it with a love story, I can't begin to tell you how bitterly disappointed I am with this piss poor episode, such great potential just flushed down the toilet with all the other turds that have gone before.. don't watch this garbage unless you have been in a bad accident can't move and the nurse has put it on in your room... what a stinker!!" says Nudge.. 

As you can imagine, A great sadness floods over me and I nearly give up watching tv altogether because of it... and now this

Comedy Central What GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

What can I say, they really dropped the ball in that second episode 😂 I love Foundation books and was waiting for the TV adaptation for a long time, so my reaction was somewhat...strong xD 

Do watch it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Five episodes in, I'm quite enjoying it, but still reserving my judgement. One thing for sure, it's a very loose adaptation with so many changes, that at times it feels like it's a completely different story which simply borrows the name and some elements from the original Foundation. Will definitely keep on watching though, there are some plotlines that I really like, and I'm also very eager to see how the story develops.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

See the source image

Well............ If anyone was say looking for something to watch but not of full film length then this might have been ideal :ph34r:

I watched it last week though xD New episode is coming out on Friday :P 

Archived