The better place to talk football.

Foundation (2021)

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished episode 5

Really enjoying it, Love the feel of it and the visuals are stunning.. Without having read the books I don't have anything to compare it with regarding the story line so for me it's flowing ok, got a little lost at one point with some of the flicking back and forth but back on track now xD

Episode 5 had a Tron/Star Wars feel about it in places but it is a really great watch.. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just finished episode 5

Really enjoying it, Love the feel of it and the visuals are stunning.. Without having read the books I don't have anything to compare it with regarding the story line so for me it's flowing ok, got a little lost at one point with some of the flicking back and forth but back on track now xD

Episode 5 had a Tron/Star Wars feel about it in places but it is a really great watch.. 

The next 5 episodes will be better, at least they were for me... 

Gaal gets on my nerves almost every time I see her on screen, though xD 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So, having not read the book/books will there be another season or will this be a one off?? Have they managed to get the basic storyline in compared to how the book/books were laid out?? 

Oh, I think originally they planned 8 seasons, and the 2nd one has already been greenlit! 

The storyline in the novels is not comparable with the series; it's so all over the place. It mostly borrowed the basic premise (psychohistory predicting the end of the Empire and the need of foundation to prevent a long Dark Age) and certain characters, but changed so many key events and character roles that there's hardly any point in comparing it anymore. At this point, I just view it as a completely new story, which shares some stuff with the original Asimov's Foundation. The Cleon storyline is not in the books at all, and I think it's the strongest part of the TV series. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh, I think originally they planned 8 seasons

:o

I wouldn't mind 8 seasons of this.. it's been fantastic from my point of view... 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

The storyline in the novels is not comparable with the series; it's so all over the place. It mostly borrowed the basic premise (psychohistory predicting the end of the Empire and the need of foundation to prevent a long Dark Age) and certain characters, but changed so many key events and character roles that there's hardly any point in comparing it anymore.

Sometimes it's a blessing not to have read certain books prior to the release of certain series for that very reason, For me with no path to follow I have just gone with the flow and it has been a seriously good watch.. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

:o

I wouldn't mind 8 seasons of this.. it's been fantastic from my point of view... 

Sometimes it's a blessing not to have read certain books prior to the release of certain series for that very reason, For me with no path to follow I have just gone with the flow and it has been a seriously good watch.. 

Yeah, I think I had too high expectations in general. I do enjoy the show now, and will definitely keep on watching, but it's not the Foundation I wanted to see - if that makes any sense.

Archived