talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 22nd August, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png       VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
02/02/2021 - Man Utd 9-0 Southampton
29/11/2020 - Southampton 2-3 Man Utd
13/07/2020 - Man Utd 2-2 Southampton

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just saw the United lineup, Martial playing and young Sancho on the bench...Ole's at the wheel. :whistling:

Let's see if Pogba with his toilet brush hair-do plays a blinder again or another dud performance, shite or bust, 0-3 United and I hope Martial proves me wrong.

download.png

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm very surprised they moved Greenwood from the forward position to back out wide.

He was an absolute thorn in our side last week with his movement and link up play.

There you go, as I said, Ole's at the wheel, Martial should be on the bench, Greenwood up front and young Sancho playing out wide. 

Southampton completely folded last week against us, will be interesting to see if the same happens again if United score an early goal. 

Surprised that Varane isn't starting (must be massively off the pace) but they should have enough in Lindelof and Maguire to keep Armstrong at bay. Think that Greenwood will probably end up swapping positions with Martial ad hoc throughout the 90 too, will cause carnage.

22 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Are Man United's yellow shorts meant for this away shirt or have to change to oppose Southampton's dark shorts? Would be a fantastic kit if it was all dark blue with yellow trim.

Black shorts/socks.

manchester-united-21-22-third-kit-13.jpg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Fernandes xD. One of the biggest little bitches in the league.

I'm guessing he's either dived and feigned a really really serious injury, or been really petulant and done some kind of stupid tackle? 

Just now, Stan said:

I'm guessing he's either dived and feigned a really really serious injury, or been really petulant and done some kind of stupid tackle? 

None of the above. Thinks he got fouled (not entirely sure if it was) but he hasn’t done anything worth complaining about unless you’re a scouser.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

None of the above. Thinks he got fouled (not entirely sure if it was) but he hasn’t done anything worth complaining about unless you’re a scouser.

I hate him regardless. Think he's a very whiny moany petulant player. So don't get why I can't complain about him just cos I'm not a scouser :what:?

To be fair, I hate all players that roll around as if they're injured and will be out for months. Two minutes later they're up and running about totally fine. Can't stand it. So many players from different sides gj

Just now, Stan said:

I hate him regardless. Think he's a very whiny moany petulant player. So don't get why I can't complain about him just cos I'm not a scouser :what:?

To be fair, I hate all players that roll around as if they're injured and will be out for months. Two minutes later they're up and running about totally fine. Can't stand it. So many players from different sides gj

I agree he is, but you haven’t seen it and was responding to the scousers complaining, not much to complain about in this instance. Is what I was saying. Jesus now I remember why I don’t post on the football sections here it’s essentially as bad as Facebook. 

• Subscriber

Fernandes got tackled fairly, lay on the ground with his hands out, Southampton went on to score, he kept crying about it to the referee, got booked.

He's far from the only one in the league but he has a particularly entitled look of shock on his face when the officials dare to rule against him. He's got more than his fair share of shithousery in his own locker as well.

Never gets commented on by the media like it does with other players so it's particularly amusing when he gets booked for cry arsing over nothing.

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

I agree he is, but you haven’t seen it and was responding to the scousers complaining, not much to complain about in this instance. Is what I was saying. Jesus now I remember why I don’t post on the football sections here it’s essentially as bad as Facebook. 

I think we're worse and you should embrace it. 

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 22nd August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived