football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png       VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
12/05/2021 - Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal
26/12/2020 - Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea
01/08/2020 - Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea (FA Cup)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does to procedure work for players that have been vaccinated, but tested positive, but aren't showing symptoms like Pulisic? How long's his isolation period meant to be? As soon as he gives a negative test result can he rejoin the squad & be available for selection?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How does to procedure work for players that have been vaccinated, but tested positive, but aren't showing symptoms like Pulisic? How long's his isolation period meant to be? As soon as he gives a negative test result can he rejoin the squad & be available for selection?

I've lost track now of what anyone has to do these days in terms of isolation and being symptomatic or asymptomatic. Who knows xD

As a Chelsea fan not too confident in this one, not that I think Arsenal are the better team it is just they have a recent habit of beating us. Not a bogey yet though not far off.

I recall in the early 90s when CFC were struggling to make an impact, we won nothing and our highlights was beating Fergies Utd, twice in this period home and away. 

I get the same feeling with Arsenal now, their season highlight (Spurs aside) is beating us.... ..... 

Weren't favourites in any of our meetings against Chelsea in the previous three games (don't think our record against them in the past five years since Conte took over is that bad to be honest) and definitely aren't favourites here. Can't see things ending up the same way this time around. Hopefully the embarrassing defeat last week to the league's new Stoke City woke us up.

Can't see Tuchel losing this. I'm not saying that because Brentford beat Arsenal that Chelsea will because London derbies are very difficult to predict. Also often many newly promoted teams play above themselves and have a thumping impact in the very early stages of the season. But, who are Arsenal's new players? I'd never heard of them until last week. Nothing can be measured after the first match of the season as I posted on another thread but lose to Brentford and then beat Chelsea? No team can be that inconsistent.

What will be interesting for me is how the home crowd react. Playing at home should be galvanising teams at the moment because it feels new and exciting again being able to go to games.

They are obviously a very frustrated fanbase, there is no togetherness there, not ever really been known as fans to get behind their team either.

Arsenal are a club under heavy scrutiny right now, not just because of last season or last week, but also best part of £150m spent on debatable upgrades.

If things don't go well today, I do wonder if the Arteta Out chants will come out already.

24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What will be interesting for me is how the home crowd react. Playing at home should be galvanising teams at the moment because it feels new and exciting again being able to go to games.

They are obviously a very frustrated fanbase, there is no togetherness there, not ever really been known as fans to get behind their team either.

Arsenal are a club under heavy scrutiny right now, not just because of last season or last week, but also best part of £150m spent on debatable upgrades.

If things don't go well today, I do wonder if the Arteta Out chants will come out already.

If Arteta does go soon because of bad results then just who would take the job? Conte maybe?

13 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

If Chelsea don't beat us today then Arteta has some weird spell over Chelsea. To be fair he prefers being the underdog, so could see him pulling a rabbit out the hat. Chelsea should win this one though, Lukaku could have a field day here. 

I'm not a great fan of buying a player back because it rarely works, Keane at Spurs and Pogba at Utd being 2 examples. Let's see though. Chelsea have a good manager and morale is high.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Pablo Mari floored there

Lukaku too strong. Mari barely put up a fight. 

I love Lukaku's hold up play. Reminds me of Drogba and I think Lukaku will be just as good. He has so much about his game. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived