talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd August, 2021

football forum

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They aren't comparable. Aston Villa benefit from being a small team that are better than where people would traditionally have them. The opposite to us. They're better than their name suggests so everyone there must be amazing. We're worse so everyone must be terrible.

I'm an oldie. I'd traditionally have Villa top half. And near enough top half of the top half. Going deep in a cup every few seasons. With the potential to go for an occasional title push. Not unlike recent years Gunners.

Money changed where my club could get to. And it seems to be changing things similar for Arsenal.

I wasn't meaning my earlier message to sound like some dick waving big vs small thing.

But I guess we will know much better where sides will be in another few months. And I have fairly limited hope of seeing improvement on 11th. But I would honestly take only Bellerin & Aubameyang. From what I see.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
54 minutes ago, shut up said:

I think there is some truth to us being a forgettable team, but if i was an Everton fan, I'd probably keep a low profile when it comes to deciding which teams are forgettable 

90% of your arguments always fall back on having irrelevant pops at teams that people criticising Arsenal support because you can't scrape anything out from the Arsenal barrel to challenge what was actually said.

Partey, Aubameyang, whichever other players that aren't rated by anyone outside the Arsenal fanbase. None of them would make Chelsea's bench today and none of them are going to make an appreciable difference to your performances. Observing as a neutral, what today's starting line up served up was barely distinguishable from anything else we've seen from Emery or Arteta's Arsenal sides. The talk of missing players might be a convenient excuse but I can't see how any objective onlooker can seriously think that game would have gone any different with all of Arsenal's players available.

I used to really like Arsenal. By far my favourite of the competitive sides.  At least when the dip came under Wenger, you were never this embarrassingly far away from the teams you should be competing with and you still played entertaining football. You got what you wanted when Wenger finally left and now you're plodding along in mid table, looking at a season scrapping over 7th at best with West Ham, Everton and Aston Villa, and apart from a few flashes from young players, you're a chore to watch and nobody can envisage any scenario where you're even competing for the top four again in the next five years, let alone titles and Champions Leagues.

I'm not even taking the piss or laughing at you, or trying to wind you up, I'm just saying what I see. I'm actually fed up of what a waste of time Arsenal have become having previously seen them as one of the elite teams I could enjoy watching. It's tedious even trying to analyse them now because it's just the same problems for as long as I can remember. No leadership on the pitch, minimal backbone shown by senior players, no evidence of something you're working towards tactically, players regressing in their time at the club, poor management of contracts, promising youngsters stagnating after breaking into the first team, scattergun recruitment. And yes, you can say much the same about my own team and I'll get into that in an Everton thread if that's what you want to discuss, but it doesn't change the situation at Arsenal.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, shut up said:

I don't make the rules. 

That's cos there aren't any. Anyone can comment on anyone else's football club and @RandoEFC did so objectively.

Yet just because he supports an arguably 'lesser' team, he's not allowed an opinion? 

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, shut up said:

Nobody is saying this Arsenal team isn't regressing or forgettable,  but when you support the most forgettable team in the history of the premier league, you've kind of gotta temper your language a little bit. I don't make the rules. 

It's like Arsenal fans having a pop at spurs for going backwards post poch, or for not winning a trophy for over a decade, It's hard for us to have a say when we're in a dogshit position. Again, that's just an unwritten rule within football

Yet you go around having a pop at Liverpool signing Keita and have digs at Chelsea's signings whenever you get the opportunity when your club spent £70m on Pepe? xD

This line of argument is completely unfounded. You can't even call me a hypocrite because I'm Everton's biggest critic. The difference between us is that I'm at terms with our position and am capable of separating objective analysis of my team from the allegiances of those of making the observations while you're still in denial about Arsenal's position so you lash out when people comment on it.

It's a mixed forum ffs, if you can't handle debate on your club by fans of other teams then don't log in to read it.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Episode 1 of the Amazon Prime series next year is already gearing up as a must watch.

Be like Sunderland at this rate. It’s just a horror show from top to bottom and a novice manager it’s not going to sort itself out quickly. If he gets to Christmas he may turn it round but I think they are in a 3-4 year period of transition and fans will lose patience. Even having first team players it’s a squad devoid of leaders and they just look a collection of players not a team. Problems run deeper than Arteta though

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Be like Sunderland at this rate. It’s just a horror show from top to bottom and a novice manager it’s not going to sort itself out quickly. If he gets to Christmas he may turn it round but I think they are in a 3-4 year period of transition and fans will lose patience. Even having first team players it’s a squad devoid of leaders and they just look a collection of players not a team. Problems run deeper than Arteta though

Don't get why you're commenting when you're not an Arsenal fan and don't know the ins and outs of the club. 

I don't make the rules.

B|

3 hours ago, shut up said:

I think Chelsea knew that Arsenal weren't scoring, so they just chilled and conserved energy. Need Arteta out ASAP 

Not sure about that but if true then Chelsea was wrong to do that. No matter how far ahead you are you should continue to try and keep scoring to keep the momentum going.

• The topic was unpinned
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What did he do? I blinked and missed it :(.

It happened a few hours ago, but he made some pretty weird & slanderous comments toward a particular poster. Kind of weird to say that kind of shit about another person without having any proof at all, definitely felt inappropriate.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If Shut Up just said what he said then he probably wouldn't have been banned. It's just being used as a cover to ban him for humiliating Stan.

#FreeShutUp

huh?

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

If Shut Up just said what he said then he probably wouldn't have been banned. It's just being used as a cover to ban him for humiliating Stan.

#FreeShutUp

The offending posts were hidden a while ago. None of us like warning or banning people (well… I like when racists get banned tbh because fuck ‘em) - but he’d had 2 short band with a warning in between them.

What he did was bang out of order, you can’t slander someone’s character like that without any proof whatsoever, just because you disagree with someone’s opinions on your football club.

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

#FreeShutUp

Don't memberate, cheers.

• Subscriber

AFTV have normalised that behaviour among the fanbase. They aren't the only ones, there are those Leicester and Liverpool whoppers that have gone viral before as well for embarrassing content and rants. But I do think AFTV have encouraged it to be more widespread in their fanbase along with the fact that since stuff like this became accessible to everyone on social media, Arsenal are probably the biggest club to be having the biggest constant downward spiral and created a perfect storm for this pocket of their fanbase. I was convinced long ago that some of them would actually be gutted if they started doing well again because embarrassing social media videos have become both an addiction and a business model for them.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

What is it with Arsenal fans and pretending to be outraged in front of a camera every week?

With the 'passion' they show on there YouTube channel you'd think there would be more of an atmosphere inside the ground.

Such a good point xD

I’m bored of that content being shared and shoved in my face. It’s cringeworthy shite.

Archived