talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 4-1 Leicester City - Monday 23rd August, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Wish Shut Up was hear to see this after all the debate over how amazing Leicester's squad is.

Leicester finished above Arsenal last season so you're not allowed an opinion. Think those are the rules anyway.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Leicester finished above Arsenal last season so you're not allowed an opinion. Think those are the rules anyway.

I'm pretty sure that's not even what he said... not that I agree with what he said but you are just twisting his words.

Haven't been that active in the past year or so, so I don't know why so many have a vendetta against him. Just seems like a poster with opinions that aren't popular who's getting ganged up on. Sad stuff.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm pretty sure that's not even what he said... not that I agree with what he said but you are just twisting his words.

Haven't been that active in the past year or so, so I don't know why so many have a vendetta against him. Just seems like a poster with opinions that aren't popular who's getting ganged up on. Sad stuff.

Some of the abuse and insults he comes out with just dumb down anything relevant he has to say. 

Make a relevant point that he is in denial about and he comes out with some right shit in return. 

He literally told @RandoEFC yesterday that because Everton are pretty dire these days he shouldn't be allowed to comment on Arsenal. What bullshit logic is that? 

Anyway, not sure how there's a vendetta against him. Or why you think there is which you believe culminated in a ban. You're better than that kind of paranoia and you know it. 

16 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Anything he's "gotten in trouble" for on these forums here has fuck all to do with his views on football, though.

One was for racially abusing a member of the forum (and tbh, I think we were lenient), one was for being warned about not mocking people with disabilities... so he goes ahead and immediately mocked people with disabilities after that warning (and again, maybe we were too lenient here as well tbh), and then this last one was basically for slandering/harassing another member on here.

And honestly, he's sort of been treated with kid gloves despite his infractions purely because he's a long-time member of the forum too. And that's probably been a mistake on our part because he's not really seemed to have learned from any of this.

You're not going to get banned if you have unpopular opinions, or even stupid opinions. You are going to get banned if you violate the rules of the forum though.

• Subscriber

If we don't want to take a jokey approach to it then I can get serious and say that, even though they lost one game 4-1 with ten men there are still more players I'd have from Leicester's squad than Arsenal's. 

It isn't a close run thing either.

25 minutes ago, DNA said:

This forum doesn’t have many or any bubble blowers does it?

@Danny used to blow bubbles but then something happened and he doesn't anymore.

I suspect it has something to do with Elijah Wood, but I can't confirm whether or not that's true or not.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Danny used to blow bubbles but then something happened and he doesn't anymore.

I suspect it has something to do with Elijah Wood, but I can't confirm whether or not that's true or not.

Back in the day mate, insert joke about blowing something else here.

• Subscriber

I know we match up quite badly against West Ham but that was a complete disgrace from start to finish. I have barely got a single positive to say about that. It was kind of inevitable to me that after 18 months of not being able to go to an away game that the first one back would be as awful as it could've possibly been.

I don't think nearly anybody comes out of that with any credit. Defence was a complete mess from the off, which is no surprise given the personnel missing and I can understand us probably getting turned over here, but to capitulate like that. Their goals were almost all absolutely shocking defending or just gifts from us.

That soft underbelly still exists with us. Fantastic on our day, but there are too many games where we just totally fold like this.

At least we don't have that clown polluting the side for the next three games in what I can call the only positive of the night, and what a miserable positive that is to have to take. That has to be the final straw tonight. He's a total liability, genuinely think he's in the Slimani/Musa/Silva category of flops for us.

47 minutes ago, Dan said:

I know we match up quite badly against West Ham but that was a complete disgrace from start to finish. I have barely got a single positive to say about that. It was kind of inevitable to me that after 18 months of not being able to go to an away game that the first one back would be as awful as it could've possibly been.

I don't think nearly anybody comes out of that with any credit. Defence was a complete mess from the off, which is no surprise given the personnel missing and I can understand us probably getting turned over here, but to capitulate like that. Their goals were almost all absolutely shocking defending or just gifts from us.

That soft underbelly still exists with us. Fantastic on our day, but there are too many games where we just totally fold like this.

At least we don't have that clown polluting the side for the next three games in what I can call the only positive of the night, and what a miserable positive that is to have to take. That has to be the final straw tonight. He's a total liability, genuinely think he's in the Slimani/Musa/Silva category of flops for us.

The thing is after the red card, I feel like you could see Leicester’s head’s drop. And if I could see/feel that, I’m sure West Ham could too.

After that fuck up for the second goal, West Ham looks like sharks that found blood in the water.

I think probably the hardest job of a manager is bringing fight back into a team that’s seemingly lost their fight mid-match. And tbh I don’t know how they do it.

Even with 10 men and seemingly insurmountable odds against you, you want to see some fight left in your players. And to Leicester’s credit they fought back to make it 2-1… but they still looked pretty soundly beat on the pitch even before the 3rd goal imo.

So I can see why you & other Leicester fans like @Stan would be pissed off and disheartened by that. As a neutral and also someone who likes Antonio though… kind of intriguing to see West Ham go for the kill when they smelled blood.

And now Antonio’s their top scorer in the prem

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The thing is after the red card, I feel like you could see Leicester’s head’s drop. And if I could see/feel that, I’m sure West Ham could too.

After that fuck up for the second goal, West Ham looks like sharks that found blood in the water.

I think probably the hardest job of a manager is bringing fight back into a team that’s seemingly lost their fight mid-match. And tbh I don’t know how they do it.

Even with 10 men and seemingly insurmountable odds against you, you want to see some fight left in your players. And to Leicester’s credit they fought back to make it 2-1… but they still looked pretty soundly beat on the pitch even before the 3rd goal imo.

So I can see why you & other Leicester fans like @Stan would be pissed off and disheartened by that. As a neutral and also someone who likes Antonio though… kind of intriguing to see West Ham go for the kill when they smelled blood.

And now Antonio’s their top scorer in the prem

To be fair, I think we'd have lost that game at 11 v 11 anyway. They're just simply everything we hate in an opposition. Aggressive, well-organised, quick on the break, physical, good at set pieces. They're the prototype in how to beat us. I firmly believe we could play them 10 times and they'd win a minimum of 8 of them. We haven't just lost to them - we've been massacred, bar 20 minutes away there at the end in April.

I knew it was probably game over at the red card but to give goals like that away. At least make them work for it. I am a fan of Soyuncu's but I'm finding it harder and harder to defend him. That was as bad a performance as you'll see in the league from a defender all season.

Two games in and to me it's been a game we massively got away with it and a game where we didn't. Two pretty concerning displays. But admittedly - both against sides we rarely play well against.

I don't really have any long term concerns yet but the early evidence this season is we're just the same as before. Which is; excellent on our day, but really, really bad on a bad day. It's disappointing how little we seem to have learned about playing West Ham though. There's got to be a better way to approach playing them than what we try and serve up every time.

We've got to beat Norwich. We could be facing a really miserable start if we don't.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

To be fair, I think we'd have lost that game at 11 v 11 anyway. They're just simply everything we hate in an opposition. Aggressive, well-organised, quick on the break, physical, good at set pieces. They're the prototype in how to beat us. I firmly believe we could play them 10 times and they'd win a minimum of 8 of them. We haven't just lost to them - we've been massacred, bar 20 minutes away there at the end in April.

I knew it was probably game over at the red card but to give goals like that away. At least make them work for it. I am a fan of Soyuncu's but I'm finding it harder and harder to defend him. That was as bad a performance as you'll see in the league from a defender all season.

Two games in and to me it's been a game we massively got away with it and a game where we didn't. Two pretty concerning displays. But admittedly - both against sides we rarely play well against.

I don't really have any long term concerns yet but the early evidence this season is we're just the same as before. Which is; excellent on our day, but really, really bad on a bad day. It's disappointing how little we seem to have learned about playing West Ham though. There's got to be a better way to approach playing them than what we try and serve up every time.

We've got to beat Norwich. We could be facing a really miserable start if we don't.

I don’t think you should have long term concerns either.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think you should have long term concerns either.

Nah not yet but we have definitely got to improve a bit. The performances weren't great late last season either. We need a bit of a freshen up. Start the new signings at Norwich.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived