The better place to talk football.

Tesla Bot

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's bloody unreal, especially the dancing bit then waving and walking off the stage, you would think really that was someone dressed up doing all that, :dam:

• Subscriber
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

That's bloody, especially the dancing bit then waving and walking off the stage, you would think really that was someone dressed up doing all that, :dam:

Well yes, it is actually a person dressed up like the future bot xD 

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

That's bloody, especially the dancing bit then waving and walking off the stage, you would think really that was someone dressed up doing all that, :dam:

Elon Musk literally comes on stage immediately after and says it wasn't real. 😆

But I'm with you, if it wasn't that would be terrifying. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Elon Musk literally comes on stage immediately after and says it wasn't real. 😆

I didn't have my volume on so missed the bit what he was saying, bloody terrifying really, imagine if that was a robot  rushing towards you and you picked up a lump of wood and knocked it's head or arm off and it still kept coming towards you, fuck that. 

• Subscriber

If they can get it to do menial tasks with a run motor that can cover say 45KM in a day at lower speeds under 5MPH I think that would be a step in the right direction. Whether or not they achieve the full command set is a whole different story and while phones are much better at dialect understanding they are really just limited to box style commands vs this thing which would probably have a limited yet wider set of range commands. I like that they are even trying. After seeing what BD have been upto and you couple that with this in a nicer smaller form-factor I can see this becoming a real thing sometime in the next 10 years with a lot of achievement along the way. Tesla is also working on that wafer/double-sided battery and that just ties into all this very neatly.

That is, until the battery explodes, leaks radiation and starts to slowly kill everyone in the house. But, what progress in science hasn't really done some damage anyways.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If they can get it to do menial tasks with a run motor that can cover say 45KM in a day at lower speeds under 5MPH I think that would be a step in the right direction. Whether or not they achieve the full command set is a whole different story and while phones are much better at dialect understanding they are really just limited to box style commands vs this thing which would probably have a limited yet wider set of range commands. I like that they are even trying. After seeing what BD have been upto and you couple that with this in a nicer smaller form-factor I can see this becoming a real thing sometime in the next 10 years with a lot of achievement along the way. Tesla is also working on that wafer/double-sided battery and that just ties into all this very neatly.

That is, until the battery explodes, leaks radiation and starts to slowly kill everyone in the house. But, what progress in science hasn't really done some damage anyways.

BD aren't using much AI in their robots at all, are they? From what I've read, it's pretty much highly sophisticated and advanced "mechanical commands"; the old school robotics, if you wish. So while impressive, that's not exactly fear-inducing, as it's still a machine with a limited set of programmed movements/actions.

Now the AI and machine learning (regardless of how vague and misused the word is) is something that has by far more potential in building scary humanoid robots in the future, in my opinion. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

BD aren't using much AI in their robots at all, are they? From what I've read, it's pretty much highly sophisticated and advanced "mechanical commands"; the old school robotics, if you wish. So while impressive, that's not exactly fear-inducing, as it's still a machine with a limited set of programmed movements/actions.

Now the AI and machine learning (regardless of how vague and misused the word is) is something that has by far more potential in building scary humanoid robots in the future, in my opinion. 

Oh I was talking about the mechanics of it all because you'd need that with this tech to make the robot itself last longer right? What good are limbs and parts that can't simulate more humanoid movements to allow them to do things. For e.g. traversing terrain to deliver goods or something more combative like carrying weapon stashes (more likely the outcome here). It's also supposedly not going to be all that heavy which makes no sense to me as if its going to be a load bearer of sorts you'd want it to have a more rugged exoskeleton to take that weight but maybe most of it will be electronics + a power source to start with.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

That's bloody unreal, especially the dancing bit then waving and walking off the stage, you would think really that was someone dressed up doing all that, :dam:

19 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I edited my post and added in That's bloody unreal. 😂

Yeah but this bit though xD 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Rick said:

I hate the period of human history I was born in. Tesla are basically fucking Skynet aren’t they. 

I wouldn't worry if I were you, we're still very very far away from a functioning multi-purpose humanoid robot of any sorts, and artificial general intelligence is still pretty much a speculative concept. 

• Subscriber
On 22/08/2021 at 15:49, Rick said:

I hate the period of human history I was born in. Tesla are basically fucking Skynet aren’t they. 

Boston Dynamics to me is actually Skynet. They are building real robots that can do very human like things but as nudge said, wouldn't worry as the concept of a sentient system capable of wiping the human race due to a programming construct is very very far away.

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Boston Dynamics to me is actually Skynet. They are building real robots that can do very human like things but as nudge said, wouldn't worry as the concept of a sentient system capable of wiping the human race due to a programming construct is very very far away.

So are we saying that Solid Snake will come first, then Skynet? 

Archived