talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cool Gadgets

football forum

• Subscriber

Not sure where to post this so merge or move if you must.

80 cool gadgets: Our pick of the best new tech for 2021

161dd03d-6788-40f8-ac1a-0758750c999b.png

What if putting on music didn’t have to mean shutting yourself off from the world? Sony’s new Neckband speaker gives your ears a rest and sits on your shoulders, firing your audio towards your ears in a focused beam. There’s a built-in microphone and Bluetooth connectivity, which means you can take calls or listen to music up to 30m away from your computer – no more excusing yourself from a meeting to make a cup of tea. 

You also needn’t worry about disturbing your partner or housemates, as Sony claims the upward angle of the full-range speaker optimises sound for your ears only, though we’d have to test that one for ourselves to believe it! Weighing only 113g, the neckband is light and comfortable. Take your pick from charcoal grey or pristine white. Can we see it in rose gold?

£135

79 MORE GADGETS

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good idea for a thread. 

Just skimming through that list in the linked articles, and this one just weird: "An odour-fighting T-shirt made of recycled crab." xD Huh, ok... I'll pass.

Also a bluetooth toothbrush? Get the fuck outta here xD

In general, I'm not particularly keen on any gadgets in the article. That telescope without an eyepiece is just stupid. It generally pisses me off when they try to take all the work out of hobbies and activities; that means they simply don't understand why people do it in the first place, in my opinion... 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just skimming through that list in the linked articles, and this one just weird: "An odour-fighting T-shirt made of recycled crab." xD Huh, ok... I'll pass.

£45 fucking quid, something fishy about that one 😂 😂

TrinoXO Tee

TrinoXO-Tee-Cool-gadgets-a8b28ee.webp

An odour-fighting T-shirt made of recycled crab. Yes, you read that right. This unassuming T-shirt is made of chitosan, a material obtained from the exoskeletons of shellfish.

It’s one of the most abundant ingredients on the planet, so its creators, Allbirds, decided to use it to make some of its clothing line. According to Allbirds, this special blend also has odour-fighting properties (it presumably has a surface that’s hard for smelly bacteria to colonise), which hopefully means you have to wash it less, and it’ll last longer.

£45 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Now that's fucking cool.

I know, right? I love listening to music in the shower, but conventional headphones/earphones and speakers are not a great choice for it. This is literally a game changer! :D 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I know, right? I love listening to music in the shower, but conventional headphones/earphones and speakers are not a great choice for it. This is literally a game changer! :D 

I have a shower speaker (with some limited waterproofing), but it's powered by a rechargeable internal battery. If this is any good as a speaker, I'd probably replace my old one with this purely because I think it's very cool it's powered by the water flow (and I hate when the battery is dead and it needs to recharge).

If it's a shit speaker though, cool idea... but I'll need something decent

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I have a shower speaker (with some limited waterproofing), but it's powered by a rechargeable internal battery. If this is any good as a speaker, I'd probably replace my old one with this purely because I think it's very cool it's powered by the water flow (and I hate when the battery is dead and it needs to recharge).

If it's a shit speaker though, cool idea... but I'll need something decent

This is the original Kickstarter with some technical details: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ampere/shower-power-waterproof-bluetooth-speaker-hydropower

I dunno if this counts as a “gadget” - but these wifi mesh routers are pretty cool.

My house had some wifi dead spots with my router… I got the Google wifi mesh and now I’ve got good wifi everywhere in my house, so that’s nice

• Subscriber
On 23/08/2021 at 17:38, nudge said:

I want this:

ampere-1-1610656001.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;cen

A shower speaker. Made from recycled materials, attaches directly to any showerhead and uses the flow of water to power itself.

Take my money…

• Subscriber

Can a T-shirt turn sound into electricity?

download.png

The short answer is of course a T-shirt can turn sound into  electricity. In fact, such a shirt makes a great DIY project. To begin, you' you'll need a sewing kit, some Velcro, a yard or two of Berber carpet and a few ounces of catnip. After that, it's simply a matter of adding the cats and standing ready with a bolt of wool cloth, some amber rods and a few dry cell batteries.

FULL REPORT

Archived