Sunday 29th August, 2021
Barcelona vs Getafe, 16.00
Cadiz vs Osasuna, 18.30
Rayo Vallecano vs Granada, 18.30
Atletico Madrid vs Villarreal, 21.00

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betis never have a problem really playing the likes of Madrid as they always get themselves up for the big games. 

I have feeling though their problem this season will be that they don't create and score enough. Games like tonight are games where they won't be expected to get the points but the problem is I don't think they'll have enough creativity and firepower to get the points regularly enough in the games they should be winning, add on top of that the extra workload from European games and the lack of investment, I predict they'll struggle. 

They are great at retaining the ball and Setién's identity on the team is still very present but they lack penetration and directness. Guido and Canales are a great midfield but with Fekir very hit and miss, having a lack of a consistent striker, and having a lack of quality away from those areas in other positions, they'll struggle I think. They need a clear out and players coming in to help maintain and improve last season's level but that doesn't look possible with the financial issues a lot of clubs have in Spain at the moment.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

anyone see Carlos Soler's goal from the weekend :o 

Magical. 

Scorpion? Aye was a cheeky finish. He’s made a good start and scored 3 in 3 now. Still only early 20’s, he’s had a good year or 2 and I expect him to be starting for Spain soon and his first cap can’t be too far off. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

anyone see Carlos Soler's goal from the weekend :o 

Magical. 

Watched that match live and I missed it initially.  Didn't notice the back-heel flip until the replay.  I pointed it out to my wife but she shrugged.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived