talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021/22 Champions League Group Stage Draw

football forum

• Administrator

Draw takes places Thursday 26th August, 6pm (BST)

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Lille
Sporting Lisbon
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Man City

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
PSG
Juventus
Man Utd
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

Pot 3
Porto
Ajax
RB Leipzig
Benfica
Atalanta
Zenit St Petersburg
[TBC]
[TBC[

Pot 4
Club Brugge
Young Boys
AC Milan
Malmo
Wolfsburg
[TBC]
[TBC]
[TBC]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else see that the Portuguese league bumped Ligue 1 as the 5th most competitive league?  I swore I read that yesterday.  Will affect future CL spots for French teams.

Edit - nevermind, I think it went into effect for this draw 🥴

• Subscriber

Groups A, D, E and H pretty much foregone conclusions yet we won't hear anything about the 6 games it takes to get to an inevitable result causing unnecessary fixture congestion. That Wednesday night trip to Cardiff in the 4th round of the League Cup for Chelsea or Man Utd will prove to be totally beyond the pail though and prompt another debate on whether we should scrap one of the domestic cups altogether. Zzzzz.

40 minutes ago, Rick said:

We got Madrid, Porto & Milan. Fuck sake. 

I'd be shocked if Atletico and Liverpool don't qualify though. Not sure it's as bad as the names suggest. A plus is that there's no long trips in there

22 minutes ago, Coma said:

Did anyone else see that the Portuguese league bumped Ligue 1 as the 5th most competitive league?  I swore I read that yesterday.  Will affect future CL spots for French teams.

Edit - nevermind, I think it went into effect for this draw 🥴

It'll only affect qualification for the league season 22/23. (If it remains all of this season)

But it'll only affect Europa League / Conference League really. Fifth gets 2 Europa and 1 Conference. Sixth gets 1 Europa and 2 Conference.

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m genuinely fed up of Atletico Madrid. I get to forget about how much I dislike them through the year, but then we get drawn with them in Europe and it all flares up again. 

We’re all fed up of it, most boring tie of the lot xD feel like its been going on for years but probably hasn’t just feels like it. 

1 minute ago, DNA said:

We’re all fed up of it, most boring tie of the lot xD feel like its been going on for years but probably hasn’t just feels like it. 

I can only recall us being drawn against them 3 times and two of those were in 08/09 and 09/10.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I can only recall us being drawn against them 3 times and two of those were in 08/09 and 09/10.

Funny that. Suppose it’s more of an Athletico thing than Liverpool, Simeone’s style, a yawn came out naturally when they announced it just now. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived