talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kylian Mbappé - Staying at PSG

So, this is the big news of the day and I think it deserves its own topic

PSG has confirmed the player wants to leave the club and go to Real Madrid. 

Apparently, Florentino and the Emir of Qatar are close, so the deal could be already have been done. 

An interesting thread about Mbappé to Madrid. It makes sense:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Munich cant afford Haaland's wages 

If the rumoured asks are correct, youre talking messi/ronaldo money. Even more then Ronaldo for that matter which is kind of a joke in itself but this is where we are. Theres really only two teams again that can and will pay these wages/packages, shocker alert; City and PSG.

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

If the rumoured asks are correct, youre talking messi/ronaldo money. Even more then Ronaldo for that matter which is kind of a joke in itself but this is where we are. Theres really only two teams again that can and will pay these wages/packages, shocker alert; City and PSG.

CIty’s highest earner is KDB on £400k pw, Bild have reported Haaland is looking for £820k pw and Raiola doesn’t just want a big agent fee, he also wants a salary himself per year xD… for City to go there would mean shattering their wage structure and destabilising the dressing room. 

I’m thinking Real Madrid will be desperate to compete with PSG and go for Mbappe & Haaland.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, DNA said:

CIty’s highest earner is KDB on £400k pw, Bild have reported Haaland is looking for £820k pw and Raiola doesn’t just want a big agent fee, he also wants a salary himself per year xD… for City to go there would mean shattering their wage structure and destabilising the dressing room. 

I’m thinking Real Madrid will be desperate to compete with PSG and go for Mbappe & Haaland.

These fat slimy corrupt devious selfish horrible cunt agents need their own salary caps. 

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

We have never paid them kind of wages so be interesting to see what we do, it's double our highest earner :4_joy:

10 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We have never paid them kind of wages so be interesting to see what we do, it's double our highest earner :4_joy:

Do you honestly believe City aren't bluffing the books.

Come on mate it's pretty much comical how you can claim City aren't bent in any way.

So, it seems that this one will really go through. 

Now the question is: who will replace Mbappé at PSG? There's not much time left for PSG to find a striker, but I think they'll end up bringing someone, since Icardi hasn't lived expectations. 

Some candidates: 

- Cristiano Ronaldo (but now seems unlikely);

- Haaland; 

- Lewandowski; 

- Luis Suárez. 

Am I missing any names? 

ESPN Brasil is reporting that Richarlison is seen by PSG as the replacement for Mbappé. His agents are already in Paris.

I'm only commenting it because the journalist that broke this rumor is reliable but this doesn't make sense. 

With all the respect to Richarlison, who's a good player, this would be a major downgrade.

How can a team that has just signed Messi replace Mbappé with Richarlison?

EDIT: El Chiringuito is also reporting that PSG is looking to sign Richarlison.

Apparently, Neymar is pushing for the move. So, I guess that helps to explain.

Edited by El Profesor

17 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

No idea mate  ..what do you think about Ronaldo signing for City? :35_thinking:

If I'm honest I'd be gutted.

But the reality is he has only a handful of clubs who could afford him and offer him what he wants. He will require an insane wage and also a realistic shot at another Champions league and Balon d'or.

So it's one of say, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, PSG, Real Madrid or Barca.

Now for various reasons you can rule out all but City and PSG and then you look at the transfer business of PSG and you think they couldn't do it again could they. Leaving only City, who need a striker like a hole in the head.

I don't think it was ever in his plans to sign for City but as things have transpired I think his own wage, profile and ambitions have meant this could be his only option.

He's gone for me though if he signs for you, this isn't Cole or Schmeichel joining a piss poor City, this is destroying your legacy at United.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

If I'm honest I'd be gutted.

But the reality is he has only a handful of clubs who could afford him and offer him what he wants. He will require an insane wage and also a realistic shot at another Champions league and Balon d'or.

So it's one of say, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, PSG, Real Madrid or Barca.

Now for various reasons you can rule out all but City and PSG and then you look at the transfer business of PSG and you think they couldn't do it again could they. Leaving only City, who need a striker like a hole in the head.

I don't think it was ever in his plans to sign for City but as things have transpired I think his own wage, profile and ambitions have meant this could be his only option.

He's gone for me though if he signs for you, this isn't Cole or Schmeichel joining a piss poor City, this is destroying your legacy at United.

You shouldn't be that bothered tbh, he only had 3 good seasons with you and clearly used you as a stepping stone, he's a Real Madrid legend, not a united one. you all should of fell out with him the way he forced a move, don't think he ever gave a shit about United tbh, the way he's approached us proves it

• Subscriber

I really hope he stays. Just to see that front 3.

The rumours of replacing him with Richarlison are ridiculous. My best mate is an Everton fan and even he would find that silly. Up there with replacing Suarez with Martin fucking Braithwaite.

He will stay at PSG, just to have that chance to play with Messi, surely he won’t deny us of seeing that front 3. 

IMO Mbappé should play this season for PSG. 

One season with Messi and Neymar feeding him, will only increase his value. And then next season, he would be in a much better position, he could freely chose his destiny and would get a huge signing bonus. 

As for PSG, it also makes sense for them to keep Mbappé. Money is not a problem and they wouldn't be able to find a proper replacement in such short time.

• The title was changed to Kylian Mbappé - Staying at PSG