talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Hughes Joins Crystal Palace

Watford have decided to cash in after he refused to sign a new contract.

It's an undisclosed fee and the fee is anywhere between 6m to 10m depending on which source you believe. I imagine it's closer to 6m with realistic add ons bringing it to 10m. Originally Watford were requesting 15m but after he rejected a new contract they made him train with the kids which seemed a bizarre strategy if you want another club to bid higher.

Overall I'm happy with this. He's similar to James McArthur in the sense that he can do the off ball stuff as well as move play in possession. He's not going to single handedly surge us at the table but he showed last season hes too good for The Championship and was an important player for them the year they got to the FA Cup final. 

He offers good competition for places and hopefully he will be a useful player for years to come.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a weird one. I remember watching him at Griffin Park, we beat Derby but he came on as a sub and changed the game. Just had this way with passing the ball that seemed above everything happening on the pitch, even the division. Then he went to Watford and he just seems like a bog standard, slightly dull player.

• The title was changed to Will Hughes Joins Crystal Palace

Archived