8 Brentford

Palace fixture list is...

- 6 games all against teams in the Top 8

- Followed by FA Cup Holders

- Followed by Big 6 team

Good job Norwich are around to keep us off the bottom 🤣

• Administrator

Norwich's last win in the Premier League was against us 

Something like a 12 game winless run in this division since then. 

Before that game, they were in similar form and beat us 1-0.

I think the same will happen this time. 

• Subscriber

I am kind of dreading this. As Stan says, their last win was against us - in-fact, it was their last points, they aren't just winless in 12 but they've lost the lot and only scored one goal in that period.

It was 18 months ago but I am noticing a bit of a trend in our performances against certain teams. I can't believe it's pure coincidence they took 4 off us in 2019/20 despite losing to virtually everyone else.

I just don't trust this makeshift defence - though those in front of it aren't doing a great deal better.

Perez is suspended so thankfully he won't be starting. Either Albrighton in as a straight swap or Iheanacho comes in on the right hand side - which isn't really his starting position but he does often drift out there and cut inside so I could see him doing it, especially with Ricardo flying past him. I'd drop Maddison as he's not had a good game since about February. I'd even consider Daka for Vardy too. Bertrand apparently available so he'll come in. Just freshen it up a little bit.

We should win but it's very much a banana skin. They will be smelling blood after watching that shambles on Monday.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Richarlison making a fool of himself apparently trying to take the penalty off DCL. 

Ridiculous. No idea what he was doing. They were both on the pitch last week when DCL took the penalty and scored. Don't know what he expected.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ridiculous. No idea what he was doing. They were both on the pitch last week when DCL took the penalty and scored. Don't know what he expected.

That was terrible to see. Richarlison should be punished by the club. 

On the bright side, I loved Townsend's firm attitude to take the ball away from Richarlison and give it to DCL. 

Only caught it on a shitty stream but my impression is that Villa shaded the first half and in the second we were dominant on the ball, in the air, 50/50s etc but much like Villa had very little to offer going forward as both sides defended fairly well.

Ill take a point today and 1 goal conceded in 3 games, think there’s still a peak to come from Toney, Mbeumo, Wissa etc as we’ve not looked overly dangerous other than when we played Arsenal.

10 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Potentially still missing key players, also Smith connection means a draw 1-1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Fair play, called that one! 

I had to blink a few times when I saw the line up to make sure I wasn't misreading.

I'd totally missed that we would be without Mings & McGinn. And had Ashley Young in midfield, with a youngster making his first start. And the maligned Matt Targett straight back in at left back. Leon Bailey not fit enough for the bench again.

Frustrating really. Not wanting to sound like an Arsenal fan, but there is some of the better quality players missing there. Full strength it could have been a different story!

But now onto a long, difficult looking run of matches..

We were turd and played like an away team. Defensively and tactically things aren't working. 

We lost our opening game of the season at home 4-2. We've stuck with the same setup that was flawed in that game, changing a few players. We've now got 1 point from one of the easiest starts to the season we've ever had and we are out of the milk cup 2nd round.

Meanwhile Cristiano Ronaldo will make his debut against us in 2 weeks. Dreading it. The way we are playing. The way we are so poorly organised. The way these players don't know their defensive roles in the formation or can't actually defend full stop. I fear a humiliation by 6 or 7 goals.

Something must change fast. The club are reporting we "broke" our transfer rules buying Willock because we didn't have the cash upfront and are paying in installments. Yes, you heard that right, we won't buy players with installments, we have to save our pocket money up then spend. This is how Bruce got to spend a fortune previously and Rafa nothing. Now we are back to our savings downtime years. We are ran by some of the dumbest owners in the game.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Fair play, called that one! 

Yeah they came for a point and I knew we’d struggle with key players still missing, they seem quite physical definitely see them staying up

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Only caught it on a shitty stream but my impression is that Villa shaded the first half and in the second we were dominant on the ball, in the air, 50/50s etc but much like Villa had very little to offer going forward as both sides defended fairly well.

Ill take a point today and 1 goal conceded in 3 games, think there’s still a peak to come from Toney, Mbeumo, Wissa etc as we’ve not looked overly dangerous other than when we played Arsenal.

When we first came up we drop lots of points to teams like Burnley and Brighton that weren’t brilliant but what they did really well is disrupt the game with fouls etc and it stopped teams like us gaining momentum. You have that already you will be fine

2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I had to blink a few times when I saw the line up to make sure I wasn't misreading.

I'd totally missed that we would be without Mings & McGinn. And had Ashley Young in midfield, with a youngster making his first start. And the maligned Matt Targett straight back in at left back. Leon Bailey not fit enough for the bench again.

Frustrating really. Not wanting to sound like an Arsenal fan, but there is some of the better quality players missing there. Full strength it could have been a different story!

But now onto a long, difficult looking run of matches..

Targett was injured last game v Chelsea he’s getting back fit, Carney isn’t ready for 90 yet but looked at ease at times. Big future he has

• The topic was unpinned

Archived