talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fragrances & Aftershaves

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Moisturizing is vital for skin care, both for men and women (in fact, for men even more so), especially after shower. I personally don't like cocoa butter due to how thick it is, so I usually go for some sort of moisturizing lotion like Nivea or Eucerin.

I use a men's Nivea moisturising cream every day in the morning. have done for years. never ever suffered from spots/acne so quite fortunate in that respect.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

never expected that xD 

I'm guessing doesn't fit in with the conception you have based on my politics? I said as much yesterday I'm a post. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Moisturizing is vital for skin care, both for men and women (in fact, for men even more so), especially after shower. I personally don't like cocoa butter due to how thick it is, so I usually go for some sort of moisturizing lotion like Nivea or Eucerin.

I once had some Evian moisturiser, it was amazing it felt like you'd dipped your head in an ocean. I can't go a day now as my skin feels horrible 20 mins after a shower unless I've moisturised. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm guessing doesn't fit in with the conception you have based on my politics? I said as much yesterday I'm a post. 

I once had some Evian moisturiser, it was amazing it felt like you'd dipped your head in an ocean. I can't go a day now as my skin feels horrible 20 mins after a shower unless I've moisturised. 

haha I have nothing else to go on xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That feeling of freshness and coolness is what I like most about a moisturiser, especially after exfoliating, it just feels like heaven xD  Have to find one which suits your skin type though, I had a few lotions in the past that weren't absorbed well and just felt heavy and greasy. Yuck.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

this is true. face feels so dry and itchy if I haven't put it on after showering

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

That feeling of freshness and coolness is what I like most about a moisturiser, especially after exfoliating, it just feels like heaven xD  Have to find one which suits your skin type though, I had a few lotions in the past that weren't absorbed well and just felt heavy and greasy. Yuck.

Yep it's why I'd only glamp at a festival now, I need a daily cleaning ritual. 

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

this is true. face feels so dry and itchy if I haven't put it on after showering

Shaving is what started me off, your skin takes a hammering it needs care

11 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

And yes my bathroom looks like a girls, I even moisturize daily, for which I use fragrance free cocoa butter.

maxresdefault.jpg

As for after shaves, I don't like them. Happy with the deos or perfumes, but they have to be really light fragrances.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Sad as it is, I have around 2 grand of fragrances in my cupboard. Would be more but I gave a few away, most of them are oud based, which has become popular in UK over the last 10 years. They consist have Tom Ford, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Aqua Di PArma and other brands. 

• Administrator
On 07/06/2017 at 17:37, Stan said:

Mont Blanc Legend

Hugo Boss Orange

Armani Code

Armani Code Ice

They're my usuals. Sometimes I'll have something different if there's any offers on as aftershave here can be quite expensive. Paco Rabanne 1 Million is a favourite as well. 

Add to this Dior Sauvage and Bvlgari Man. Ladies at work love it.

Got the latter for Christmas. Divine.

Just now, Stan said:

Add to this Dior Sauvage and Bvlgari ManLadies at work love it.

Got the latter for Christmas. Divine.

Sauvage is incredible. Long lasting and definitely worth the money. 

From my experience, females tend to prefer the dark/wood smelling male fragrances. Those in particular tend to be very strong so a spray or two usually does it. 

What a great thread :)

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

From my experience, females tend to prefer the dark/wood smelling male fragrances. Those in particular tend to be very strong so a spray or two usually does it. 

I've had both for free as well, both as presents xD 

You're not wrong there, either. Always go for Eau de Parfum as well over Toilette. Longer-lasting and stronger.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

You tried oud ones?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

You tried oud ones?

I find them too overpowering. I was dating a girl recently who went to Kuwait and got some back and I didn't like it. Not my vibe.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I find them too overpowering. I was dating a girl recently who went to Kuwait and got some back and I didn't like it. Not my vibe.

Have you tried the ones in Selfridges? Strength wise they vary from fragrance to fragrance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived