talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel James Transfers to Leeds for £30m

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's €28m Euro's, so £24m. But still, we've definitely overshot there. I'd have been happier with £18m tops.

But then this is someone Bielsa has wanted for ages. Don't forget we thought we had him in 2019 and it collapsed in the final minutes of the January window.

He clearly see's qualities in James that United haven't managed to get the best out of yet. Seen what he's done with Phillips, Bamford, Ayling, Dallas, Harrison etc. James is going to the right place for development.

Might be someone that really flourishes in our system, especially on the counter attack. And if he plays RW, this could mean we free up Raphinha to play as a 10.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's €28m Euro's, so £24m. But still, we've definitely overshot there. I'd have been happier with £18m tops.

But then this is someone Bielsa has wanted for ages. Don't forget we thought we had him in 2019 and it collapsed in the final minutes of the January window.

He clearly see's qualities in James that United haven't managed to get the best out of yet. Seen what he's done with Phillips, Bamford, Ayling, Dallas, Harrison etc. James is going to the right place for development.

Might be someone that really flourishes in our system, especially on the counter attack. And if he plays RW, this could mean we free up Raphinha to play as a 10.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Why would two English teams deal in Euros?

Hearing £25m plus add ons

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Why would two English teams deal in Euros?

Hearing £25m plus add ons

That was what Fabrizio Romano said it was.

Another big source, our own reporter for The Athletic has since confirmed it's £25m. That's £7m too much for me still but there we go, we obviously wanted him enough to pay it.

Time will tell if we've made the right decision here.

Played a blinder with Raphinha and Harrison but spent over the odds (well over) on Rodrigo and Helder Costa so our business is very hit and miss.

• Subscriber

Romano claiming no involvement from Everton. We might have sounded things out. Between working on deals for Diaz and McNeil it's clear we want another pacey winger. I don't see us suddenly forking out close to £30m for Dan James though when we've been pinching pennies for so much of the window.

5 minutes ago, Fusion said:

https://streamable.com/f8erek

I think  it's a good signing for Leeds, he will do well, but that amount of money is a good deal for Manchester United at least from what he has shown so far.

Brilliant for you. It's basically repaid the fee you paid Juventus for Ronaldo so essentially, you got him for 'free' and just have to fork out the wages.

Grits my teeth to say it but business wise, you've played a blinder alround there.

Glazers in.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Brilliant for you. It's basically repaid the fee you paid Juventus for Ronaldo so essentially, you got him for 'free' and just have to fork out the wages.

Grits my teeth to say it but business wise, you've played a blinder alround there.

Glazers in.

Who's going to tell him? :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Daniel James Transfers to Leeds for £30m

Happy with the fee to be fair, never disliked him personally but he's been so out of his depth at times you actually felt sorry for him.

Still gave 100% every time he took to the field he just didn't have it.

Probably good for both parties.

Utd get a decent amount for a squad player and Leeds get at least one signing (don't think they have signed anyone yet) and so freshen the squad a little. James will either play or at least challenge the other front players and provide competition. 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He started of well for man united didnt he? He will obviously get more game time at leeds could be a food signing. @Lucas what you think?

I'm happy with the player mate, the fee as I've said before is too high but we'll see. It's not like we've spent much this window to be fair.

Great pace, should suit our style and also offers us the potential to move Raphinha from the wing to a central role behind Bamford which I'd love to see.

By no means the finished product too so lets see what Marcelo can do with him. He's got the best coach he's ever worked under now so this could be a key part of his career.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Think he'll be far more suited to them than Man Utd, but even as a club in need of a right winger I'd be horrified if we dropped money like that on him.

£25m looks great if you haven't spent £30m on Ayoze Perez :ph34r:

£25m gets you a Championship striker who can score 25+ goals a season. Whilst James is a winger, I think the price is fair as he’d end up being too good if he dropped back down.

Not surprised he’s left United, it will be better for him and Wales to be coached by someone who is renowned for improving players. The difference between Bielsa and Ole is a mammoth one in that regard.

United signed a speed player with limited ability on the ball technically and mentally, mainly on the say of Ryan Giggs. Was clear fairly early on he was not a United type player and with Ronaldo and Sancho coming in this frees up squad space.

I think Bielsa will improve James on the ball making him more than just a winger reliant on his speed, but with how Leeds play and how stretched the pitch is in their games, his speed will do them big favours.

Archived