talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antoine Griezmann Re-Signs Permanently for Atletico

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine selling Griezmann and freeing up his wages after you've let Messi go xD. It's amazing how 10 years ago they were the best club in the world and now they are just pure banter, must admit I loved everything about Barcelona, but since the Super League they can go and fuck themselves. 

Griezmann isn't wanted at Atleti either (by the fans).

• Subscriber

How the mighty fall, Barca and Griezmann, I can remember him ready to sign for United then pulled out of the deal due to some loyalty thing with Atletico, years later goes to Barca and has now landed back on planet earth with a great big thud.

As for Barca, they have a massive basket full of eggs in their faces where this Super League thing collapsed and they can't clear their billions of debt, it's a funny old world we live in nowadays with Barca, I just hope Real goes the same path as them.

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

How the mighty fall, Barca and Griezmann, I can remember him ready to sign for United then pulled out of the deal due to some loyalty thing with Atletico, years later goes to Barca and has now landed back on planet earth with a great big thud.

As for Barca, they have a massive basket full of eggs in their faces where this Super League thing collapsed and they can't clear their billions of debt, it's a funny old world we live in nowadays with Barca, I just hope Real goes the same path as them.

Why would you wish financial ruin for any club? 🤨

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Why would you wish financial ruin for any club? 🤨

Them 2 (Real & Barca) won't back down on this Super League bit the same as Juve so they can go bust as far as I am concerned, my opinion only and others can differ. 

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Them 2 (Real & Barca) won't back down on this Super League bit the same as Juve so they can go bust as far as I am concerned, my opinion only and others can differ. 

Fair enough, just genuinely curious if it was Super League based or something else. 

At Atletico he was nearly a 1 in 2 striker, at Barce he turned into a 1 in 3. I think this is a good signing for Atleti regardless of the damage to his reputation. Correa, Suarez, Griezmann and Felix is a well stocked front 4, especially with Correa's early season form. Only worry is that it is an ageing front 4, but maybe it will take the pressure off of Felix to become the player people thought he would.

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It would be incredibly unlike Simeone to utilise all that attack at his disposal. 

De Paul  Koke

Correra   Suarez  Griezmann  Felix

Yeah, Atleti is pretty loaded on the attack. It's by far the best in spanish football. 

No excuses for Cholo now, he has to make their offense produce.

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Yeah, Atleti is pretty loaded on the attack. It's by far the best in spanish football. 

No excuses for Cholo now, he has to make their offense produce.

And he plays half of those players at wingback every other week

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Atleti scored 67 goals last season tied second with Real Madrid. For reference, Liverpool a team that is considered very 'attacking' scored 68, the same as Leicester.

Almost like you can score lots of goals and still produce football that's painful to watch...

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Salty boi. 

El Churros dipped his wick in your chocolate sauce. 

I've never really appreciated his style of football, well before they ever knocked us out.

He's obviously a good manager... I just hate watching his sides play. Nothing against him personally, I just don't find myself ever entertained when I watch Atletico... which tbh is only ever in the CL because I'm never going to go out of my way to watch their domestic matches given how much I hate watching them play in Europe.

He deserves credit for being a very good manager. And honestly, out of all the "big teams" in Spain, now that Valencia are fucking shit, I do hope he does well because at least when he does well it tends to upset Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I just hate watching his sides play.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Atleti scored 67 goals last season tied second with Real Madrid. For reference, Liverpool a team that is considered very 'attacking' scored 68, the same as Leicester.

Until some 3 or 4 years ago, Real Madrid and Barcelona consistently scored 100 goals or more in a season. 

La Liga has lost a lot of quality at the top.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Until some 3 or 4 years ago, Real Madrid and Barcelona consistently scored 100 goals or more in a season. 

La Liga has lost a lot of quality at the top.

It was inevitable though correct? Two of the greatest scorers we've seen are now 36 and 34 respectively, neither of whom currently play in the league. 

Saurez is the last top scorer in La Liga that's left I believe, and he's also 34 and nearing the end of his run. 

It was a unique period being able to two two of the best ever do it at rival teams week in and week out.

• The title was changed to Antoine Griezmann Re-Signs Permanently for Atletico

Archived