talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antoine Griezmann Re-Signs Permanently for Atletico

23 hours ago, Eco said:

It was inevitable though correct? Two of the greatest scorers we've seen are now 36 and 34 respectively, neither of whom currently play in the league. 

Saurez is the last top scorer in La Liga that's left I believe, and he's also 34 and nearing the end of his run. 

It was a unique period being able to two two of the best ever do it at rival teams week in and week out.

Radamel-Falcao-Garcia-al-Rayo-Vallecano-

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eco said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure who that is, but after looking it up, it is in fact Luis Saurez as the last La Liga scoring champion still playing in Spain. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's Falcao Garcia, who has just signed for Rayo Vallecano.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's Falcao Garcia, who has just signed for Rayo Vallecano.

It is Falcao.

I think what @Eco meant is that Suarez is the most recent Pichichi winner that is still playing in La Liga. The point being that that was 5-6 years ago as Messi has won it since. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I think what @Eco meant is that Suarez is the most recent Pichichi winner that is still playing in La Liga. The point being that that was 5-6 years ago as Messi has won it since. 

Yeah this is what I meant. Thanks for clarifying. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Yes but Dani Guiza is still playing in Spain and won pichichi

2 things. 

1. He wasn't the last Non Ronaldo/Messi, which is my point. 
2. When I say league, since we are talking about goal scorers in La Liga, I was also referring to La Liga. Guiza is playing down a few tiers. 

• 11 months later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

How the mighty have fallen xD

I can remember when United was after him and we were ready to sign him and he backtracked and stayed with Atlético Madrid to help them out and then United lost interest, all the hype on the Barca move and he then shot himself in the foot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Antoine Griezmann Re-Signs Permanently for Atletico
5 hours ago, Stan said:

The deal is now permanent. 

Is this the worst transfer of all time on Barcelona's end? I know Pogba left United back to Juve for free but that was after six years and Pogba hasn't played for Juve yet. Grizou cost 100million Euro for a two season loan pretty much. Atleti really fleeced them.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Is this the worst transfer of all time on Barcelona's end? I know Pogba left United back to Juve for free but that was after six years and Pogba hasn't played for Juve yet. Grizou cost 100million Euro for a two season loan pretty much. Atleti really fleeced them.

Pogba was a United academy player that they let go only to sign back for 100m or whatever it was though…think Pogba steals this one

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Pogba was a United academy player that they let go only to sign back for 100m or whatever it was though…think Pogba steals this one

Yeah but he immediately injured himself badly at Juve, making United look somewhat justified. Griezmann actively played against Barcelona for the second most competitive team to Barcelona’s trophy chances.

Archived